First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That F150 UI is trash. 2/3 of the display is a useless animation of the truck on various terrain types? I work in aviation where clarity and information density is important. There are no animations.
Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had to delete my ol post; cause I donā€™t read so good an didnā€™t see that the original poster said that there F150 instrument panel looked better than the dang Bronco panel. Well, thatā€™s a FL education for ya. Anyways, I recant my original post and agree with all these other peeps when I say, ā€œWTFā€, F150 is nice, but man I love those goodies Ford shoved in the Bronco dash. Maybe I need a big ol red neck tac to regulate me from postin before readin..lol
You don't write so good, either.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That F150 UI is trash. 2/3 of the display is a useless animation of the truck on various terrain types? I work in aviation where clarity and information density is important. There are no animations.
It's not an airplane. Information density is not necessary. I work in space (spacecraft command and control). I don't want or need information density, outside of work.

Sponsored

Deleted member 13702

Probably have to wait to see the Bronco dash in person before I could compare it to anything else.

My current vehicle predates digital dash boards, so I'm curious to see if sun glare makes it hard to see the screen, or if it has a light sensor that auto adjusts to ambient conditions. Might be worth test driving the 2021 F150 to see how it's digital instrument cluster handles the sun since it would probably be safe to assume the Bronco instruments will work in the same fashion.

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is the broncos. This is the screen you will probably be looking at most of the time. Depending on what mode you are in, the rectangles will be different colors. There used to be a video of it but I think it got removed.
Ford Bronco WoW The New F150 Dash/Gauge Cluster Looks so Much Better then the Bronco ----- 1605490801436

Here is the f150s. It seems a bit easier to read to me since it mimics the gauges we are all used too.
Ford Bronco WoW The New F150 Dash/Gauge Cluster Looks so Much Better then the Bronco ----- 1605490986340

I like them both.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is the broncos. This is the screen you will probably be looking at most of the time. Depending on what mode you are in, the rectangles will be different colors. There used to be a video of it but I think it got removed.
Ford Bronco WoW The New F150 Dash/Gauge Cluster Looks so Much Better then the Bronco ----- 1605490986340

Here is the f150s. It seems a bit easier to read to me since it mimics the gauges we are all used too.

I like them both.
Remember the thread where everyone was trying to extrapolate gas mileage from the dash info? I'll take this one with 1048mi to empty on a half tank.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What does that cost? $70-80k?
The Platinum with X plan and most of the options is a little under $60k. Powerboost and the generator options would drive it up more. There are usually good incentives on these, so I expect to buy at about $56k. That's only about $4k more than my Bronco build.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty sure you can configure other things into that space.

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I donā€™t like the fancy cartoons. This is a vehicle, intended to be driven by a human at the wheel. Distractions have no justification. The ideal dashboard should give you all the info you need, none that you donā€™t, and do it with minim distraction from the act of driving.

likewise, I really dislike touch screens instead of tactile Controls. I enjoyed having tunes via my cell phone when I hit the FM radio dead zone in the mountains of central to western Pennsylvania two weeks ago. Thereā€™s absolutely Nothing to be found on the FM dial when using a search function and almost nothing when manually tuning.

But it was downright dangerous to be fumbling with a non responsive touchscreen. ā€œskip, skip, skip this song dammit!ā€ Wouldnā€™t work. Couldnā€™t touch the correct half-centimeter square.

No thanks. Gimme gauges, tactile buttons and physical knobs.

Iā€˜m surprised more people donā€™t crash while futzing with screens or that lawyers havenā€™t sued the touch screens right back out of the automotive world. Stop touching screens, look up, and drive the damned car.

now get off my lawn!

?

toughtoaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why, because its got cartoons on it? I typically try and watch the trail, and just want to know RPMs and temps, anything beyond that is superfluous.
Thatā€™s exactly it. Saturday mornings just havenā€™t been the same.
Sponsored