jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All the off-roaders will be laughing here.
But the recent photos over the past day show a super tight rear seat. The dimensions say 36.3” rear legroom which is fairly tight especially for a rear facing baby seat. Personally, I’m looking at the OBX trim for a family hauler, but not sure if this will work. We are as tight as could be in our Subaru Outback and that has 39” of rear legroom. Wrangler owners have similar complaints with upright tight seats and Jeep shows 2” of additional rear legroom over the bronco (surprisingly). Did Ford drop the ball here? Or am I overthinking this?

when do you think we will be able to see a bronco in the flesh to test out the rear space before going hard on bigger deposit (heard November?). This could obviously be a non starter.
Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All the off-roaders will be laughing here.
But the recent photos over the past day show a super tight rear seat. The dimensions say 36.3” rear legroom which is super tight especially for a rear facing baby seat. Personally, I’m looking at the OBX trim for a family hauler, but not sure if this will work. We are as tight as could be in our Subaru Outback and that has 39” of rear legroom. Wrangler owners have similar complaints with upright tight seats and Jeep shows 2” of additional rear legroom over the bronco (surprisingly). Did Ford drop the ball here? Or am I overthinking this?

when do you think we will be able to see a bronco in the flesh to test out the rear space before going hard on bigger deposit (heard November?). This could obviously be a non starter.
Pictures?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Jcl78

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser, 2016 Mustang GT PP1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made it work in my FJ Cruiser with less space and a half suicide door. Not ideal, but the Bronco will do it better. I wouldn't consider it a deal breaker, and the kiddos grow into the booster seat so fast.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Front seats slid all the way back
Ford Bronco Wow. Tight rear legroom even on 4 dr - baby seat FB_IMG_1594823274744
Ok... not the best, but not the worst either. I would hope they designed it to be able to take four grown adults at least 6' up into the mountains for the weekend. If not, that's a packaging fail for sure.

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The part indont understand is when the dimensions were listed the rear leg room was the same for 2 door as 4 door....got to be a typo right?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
2 dr - 35.7”
4 dr - 36.3”

not identical...and concerning how close they are

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Front seats slid all the way back
Ford Bronco Wow. Tight rear legroom even on 4 dr - baby seat FB_IMG_1594823274744
with the front seat all the way back, i think that room isn't bad. we have an uppababy mesa seat on the passenger rear seat of our 2018 volvo xc60. the passenger seat in front has to be moved forward a bit. if you are under 5'10 you are ok. 6' like my self and knees are bent and it's a bit cramped.

it's only for a couple years that they are in a rear facing seat. my daughter has been forward facing for a couple years now and theres much more room to push the seat back compared to the rear facing.

Sponsored

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed this as well. If the 2 door and 4 door have same rear leg room I think it is a flaw. They will turn off a lot of buyers.

I put money down on a four door. If I cannot fit my family of 4 (two teenage boys) somewhat comfortably for a weekend trip. I will cancel my order. I do not want to cancel.

I have had the family in a wrangler and there was more than enough rear leg room. I this wrangle is 38" vs 36" Bronco. I thought Ford would a least match the 4 door rear legroom.

I was disappointed when I saw the pics.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
thats pretty close to the XJ's rear legroom, which is infamously cramped...

but i'd have it no other way.
most Midsized crossovers have between 36-40. Yes the bronco is at the bottom end. But it’s not that much of a difference.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah I don’t know how committed I’d be to drop 55k sight unseen on a loaded obx which would be a downgrade space-wise and physically not enough space for rear facing baby seats. Put trims, packages, etc etc aside, this is kind of a lynchpin in moving forward unless they could prove it wrong.

hopefully, it’s this stupid angle in the rear seat corner (attached) that’s shaving off 3-4” in the official dimension taking
Ford Bronco Wow. Tight rear legroom even on 4 dr - baby seat 7D858684-9A18-4D7F-81AC-B59F1763A5FB

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope you are right about the angle. Maybe if will feel bigger. I just thought on a new design from scratch that would have been a little more room.
Sponsored