jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford website shows identically at 36.3 for 2 dr and 4 dr. Other external sources show the 2 dr being undercut from 36.3 to 35.7 such as motortrend. But what’s concerning is that in all cases it shows 36.3 for the 4 dr, and there is evidence of the 2 dr being slightly different. If I didn’t see that there would be more hope that fords website is wrong at listing the 4 dr at only 36.3

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...-wrangler-toyota-4runner-spec-comparison/amp/
Sponsored

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just an FYI !!!!!!

Jeep Wranger leg room (F/ R /combine)
41/38/79
Bronco
43/36/79
Edge
43/40/83
Escape
42/39/81

so the Bronco just has more front leg room than most.
meaning move the front seats up to match the rest, your talking about less than 2” difference.

As for width

Bronco 55”
jeep 57”
edge 57”
escape 54”

once Again less than 2” +/-

I think your fine
That’s good to know. The link I listed below from motortrend has 41.6 front leg. But if fords site is showing 43.1 / 79.4 combined that helps

I am seeing my outback as 42.9 / 38.1 / 81.0 combined. So some loss there. Not a big loss but was certainly hoping for a gain (similar to Ford Edge at 83”+)

Last edited:

JH1026

Black Diamond
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Yaris, 2016 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
All the off-roaders will be laughing here.
But the recent photos over the past day show a super tight rear seat. The dimensions say 36.3” rear legroom which is fairly tight especially for a rear facing baby seat. Personally, I’m looking at the OBX trim for a family hauler, but not sure if this will work. We are as tight as could be in our Subaru Outback and that has 39” of rear legroom. Wrangler owners have similar complaints with upright tight seats and Jeep shows 2” of additional rear legroom over the bronco (surprisingly). Did Ford drop the ball here? Or am I overthinking this?

when do you think we will be able to see a bronco in the flesh to test out the rear space before going hard on bigger deposit (heard November?). This could obviously be a non starter.
You'll be just fine if you're not super tall. You should also take the additional front legroom into account. My wife's Camry has 41.6" of front leg room and 38.9" of rear leg room and we had zero issues with rear facing clip-in car seat or the rear facing convertible car seat. The Bronco has 43.1" front legroom and 36.3" rear legroom which doesn't have me concerned at all with having car seats and being 5'10" tall.

lrtexasman

Black Diamond
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL traded for 23 Tundra waiting on BD Order
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've found if the back seat can fold flat with the front seats in a comfortable position there is enough room for adults 6'0" or less in the back. Published rear leg room is flawed. Publications take into account the max room with the front seat all the way back for front legroom and the front seat all the way forward for rear legroom. True riding distance varies by seat position relative to the steering wheel and pedals, seat height, and the angle of leg from from seat to pedal. The Bronco has an elevated seat, you will need less legroom due to the angle, thus, increasing legroom for rear passengers. IMO, a fixed drivers seat position with a person with 30" inseam should be used for legroom measurements front and back. For instance, in a Tacoma the seat position is low to the floor and to lay the rear seats down you have to remove the headrest and lean the front seat forward a bit. In the JT the front seat is elevated, to get the seat flat you just lean the rear headrest forward and your are pretty much good to go. I like the that the back seat lays flat in the pic above with plenty of incline on the front seat to be comfortable. I have also found the tunnel well can significantly impact comfort for the rear center seat for those looking to ride 5. As far as back seat comfort the Gladiator JT (leather int) and the Honda Ridgeline/ Passport did an excellent job. What criteria do I use?
1. Leg room (inc footwell), rear seat incline, hip room. Allows for 3 forward facing car seats.
2. Seats fold flat and up
3. AC Vents and charging stations
4. Armrest with cup holders

Last edited:

SFNMutt

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon, 2012 Mustang GT vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
the rear seat really reminds me of my JKU. w/ that, the rear facing baby seat had to go in the middle so it was sort of between the front buckets.

I don't have to worry about the baby seat anymore but I'm still very disappointed in the rear set on the 4door. it's 1 checkbox I have to give to the Gladiator over the Bronco. Gladiator has a real full sized backseat.

Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting a 4dr Bronco.....
My little guy is in a booster seat (7yrs old). The Odyssey is still going to be the main method for the kids but we will be taking this on beach trips.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It makes me wonder if the reason why the 4 door doesn't have more leg room than the 2 door is because they wanted it as small as possible while giving just enough space for the 4 doors to ride in the back.

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

plus aren't the bronco dimensions listed to the back of the spare? I'm looking at the 2 door and am hoping the room is similar to the wife's fiesta.
I’d like to know that as well, I thought they did measure to the back of the spare but nothing on Ford’s website confirms it yet. That will be the difference between it fitting inside the garage or being parked outside...

47x

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the off-roaders will be laughing here.
But the recent photos over the past day show a super tight rear seat. The dimensions say 36.3” rear legroom which is fairly tight especially for a rear facing baby seat. Personally, I’m looking at the OBX trim for a family hauler, but not sure if this will work. We are as tight as could be in our Subaru Outback and that has 39” of rear legroom. Wrangler owners have similar complaints with upright tight seats and Jeep shows 2” of additional rear legroom over the bronco (surprisingly). Did Ford drop the ball here? Or am I overthinking this?

when do you think we will be able to see a bronco in the flesh to test out the rear space before going hard on bigger deposit (heard November?). This could obviously be a non starter.
Its better than the 32.6” in a double cab Tacoma so it’s an upgrade for me. I managed to have a rear facing and a front facing for my kids in my Tacoma, but that’s one of the advantages of being a shorter guy.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
By the time I'm ready to buy my granddaughter will be in a forward facing seat so I'm good.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've always been curious how accurate these measurements are, and if they are standardized across manufacturers. I've been in the new vehicle market for 2-3 years now, so I've sat in a lot of different vehicles across all segments and looked at a lot of different spec sheets. I'm 6'4" with a long torso so every millimeter of headroom is important.

All of this is to say that the vehicles I had the most headroom in, didn't always match up to what the spec sheets said. ?‍♂

Mike978

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I looked at the specs and was surprised to find that the Bronco 4door is not really any bigger inside than the Bronco Sport. For example combined legroom is 79.3 in sport vs 79.4 in Bronco, passenger volume is 105.7 vs 103.7 cu ft sport vs bronco (partially attributed to greater headroom in sport). Cargo capacity is within 10% too. The 4door is 17 inches longer but only has marginally benefit (1 inch greater shoulder room for example).

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it's so funny seeing giants complain about legroom. With my wife and I both comfortably at 5'3", the 2-door model will be fine for us, even with 2 rear-facing car seats for the little ones. Marry short women or men, and convince your children to marry short people folks. Shorter people tend to live longer too. After a couple generations, your family won't have these big people problems anymore. You can then buy any vehicle you like regardless of space.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it's so funny seeing giants complain about legroom. With my wife and I both comfortably at 5'3", the 2-door model will be fine for us, even with 2 rear-facing car seats for the little ones. Marry short women or men, and convince your children to marry short people folks. Shorter people tend to live longer too. After a couple generations, your family won't have these big people problems anymore. You can then buy any vehicle you like regardless of space.
can you go get me a glass in the top cabinet? oh, i need to wait for you to get a stool? jk.

Regarding car seats, we just changed my son went from an infant seat to a forward facing seat over the weekend. the amount of space my wife gained behind her passenger seat was immense.

Rear seat legroom in our Volvo xc60 the rear leg room is 38in. i think it's a fair bit amount and 36in shouldn't be too bad. if you have an infant seat, you'll just have to deal with it for the first year or two. our son is 14m old and has outgrown the infant seat and rear facing convertible seat. now in a forward facing we don't have any issues. and adults have sat in the back as well with no issues.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can we dunk on this guy? JK.
You’re killing me Tony!
I’m 6’ 3” and the wife is 6’...that being said my awesome daughter doesn’t pay the bills. So she will climb into the back of my 2 door and study hard at school so she can buy her own toys when she’s older.
Sponsored