First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sorry, maybe I stated that too bluntly (didn't mean it to be that way).

I own a Highlander, and I test drove the 4dr Jeep prior to purchasing the Highlander. My two daughters were both in carseats at the same time (both rear-facing for a brief period) and I am 6'3". I found that I couldn't get to a comfortable driving position in the Jeep, and I imagine it will be very similar in the Bronco. If you are tall, AND you have large, rear-facing carseats, then the Bronco (if it has similar interior dimensions to the 4dr Jeep) will be a tight fit. It will be _possible_, but not comfortable.

I also test drove ~25 vehicles (with car-seat in-tow) prior to buying the Highlander, and there were only a few that fit both myself, and the rear-facing carseat. All the minivans ('natch) and the Highlander. That was it.

Hope this adds more color to my comment.

All the best.
Sponsored

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
your kids won't be rear facing forever. Is it really un-drivable for you guys as is?
the kid might be in a booster seat by the time we actually take delivery of this thing :ROFLMAO:

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go for it brother lol. I don't mind entertaining others at my expense. My wife and I both have the same size feet (7.5 in men's shoes, and the pee pee jokes begin) . This makes the scramble looking for shoes to check the mail quite easy if I can't find mine. I can only imagine what the neighbors think of me when I head outside in pink flip-flops to check the mail. No shame!
You know you put on her 4" stilettos too when you're just "kidding around". :giggle:

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Better check the budget again too lol
M
This does help. My wife literally asked me “do u think u can fit three car seats in the back” —- (we only have two kids ?)
Mwuahaha! I just found out that I’m expecting a 3rd as well. So when baby comes in April/May. I’ll have 4.75yo, 3yo and newborn. Really hope I don’t have to get a Raptor, which was my decision prior to Bronco. Bronco just seems more fun. Though Raptor would be a bit more functional for a family of 5 and large dog.

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This does help. My wife literally asked me “do u think u can fit three car seats in the back” —- (we only have two kids ?)
Oh man!

award1492

Black Diamond
First Name
Nalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thats pretty close to the XJ's rear legroom, which is infamously cramped...

but i'd have it no other way.
I was also concerned about the legroom for my big kids. But after comparing what i have now, we are actually gaining 4”+ w the 4-door Bronco from an FJ Crusier (31” rear leg room).

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's doable. I had rear facing and front facing car seats at the same time in a '96 2 dr Cavalier. As an uber driver, I've had rear facing car seat in my focus - 31" of leg room.

Bronco will have plenty of space.

Just wait until you have 3 teenagers (well, one is a preteen) in the backseat.

Ocarwolf

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have never owned a car or truck that had decent leg room in the back seats with the front seats all the way back, and I've owned some pretty nice ones.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know you put on her 4" stilettos too when you're just "kidding around". :giggle:
Luckily my wife doesn't own a pair of high heels. She doesn't like them. Her work dress shoes are fair game though.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have never owned a car or truck that had decent leg room in the back seats with the front seats all the way back, and I've owned some pretty nice ones.
I had one of these and it's the last new car I bought with much rear leg room.
Ford Bronco Wow. Tight rear legroom even on 4 dr - baby seat 90new

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Vasectomy! Go NOW! Or that was her subtle way of telling you it's too late for a vasectomy because she's already pregnant......
There are worse things in life for a man than being doomed to a minivan.......maybe. Your kids bring you joy (I hope lol) though and that is what matters.

mcalpal

Black Diamond
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just flipped my 2 year old to front facing this morning; I'm 6'4" and the wife is 5'11" so we'll be getting minimalist car seats (Cosco APT50, we use these for travel because they're only 11 lbs) for the Bronco since it'll only have the kids in it for trips. We'll use my wife's CX-9 for everyday and that has the crazy big/heavy car seats in it and enough leg room.
Sponsored