Sponsored

Wrangler: Possibly stepping up game for features!

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Like, I enjoy using crabwalk and all when appropriate but I can't imagine it being a good idea on a regular car. You'd need all kinds of liability-proofing like an additional switch you have to hold the entire time.
Interesting! Make sense!
Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've driven lots of vehicles with crab walk. It can be handy though never necessary. It also, inevitably, gets screwed up along the way. I'm sure in a consumer vehicle they'd put more effort into it, but the amount of times I've had to stop and adjust my rear wheels, to get a zoom boom to go in a straight line is too many.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

noliveaxle

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jku rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

New Jeep Wrangler May Get Turn Assist, Four-Wheel Steering, Diagonal Steering
9 January 2021, 00:06 UTC · By Mircea Panait

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-wheel-steering-diagonal-steering-154204.html
Ashley, It's true that a little competition goes a long way. Jeep has rested on their laurels for a long time, and now the Bronco has lite a fire under their butts. With that said we truly enjoy our JL, and we still have conversations as to whether we really want to the trade it for the Bronco. Of course we will, but it's not because of anything bad about the Jeep. It's as fun as a barrel of monkey's, get good mpg's, and rides much better than one would think. We took it on a 5K+ road trip late year, and tried our best to not miss any dirt side roads, or trails along the way. We're looking forward to doing the same in our new Bronco.

OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ashley, It's true that a little competition goes a long way. Jeep has rested on their laurels for a long time, and now the Bronco has lite a fire under their butts. With that said we truly enjoy our JL, and we still have conversations as to whether we really want to the trade it for the Bronco. Of course we will, but it's not because of anything bad about the Jeep. It's as fun as a barrel of monkey's, get good mpg's, and rides much better than one would think. We took it on a 5K+ road trip late year, and tried our best to not miss any dirt side roads, or trails along the way. We're looking forward to doing the same in our new Bronco.
Love that! I always wondered if I would of bought a rubicon stock JL would I have loved it like I did my hummer!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love that! I always wondered if I would of bought a rubicon stock JL would I have loved it like I did my hummer!
I think you would have. Jeep seems to have cured the death wobble in the JL's. But, as you probably know any vehicle with a solid front axle, and a pitman arm is going to have that little dead spot at the top of the steering, but it's very easy to get used too if you don't have the death wobble to deal with. :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
618TRVLWILD

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think you would have. Jeep seems to have cured the death wobble in the JL's. But, as you probably know any vehicle with a solid front axle, and a pitman arm is going to have that little dead spot at the top of the steering, but it's very easy to get used too if you don't have the death wobble to deal with. :)
I to this day never been in a JL. I told my friend though she wants a jeep she should just buy a JL! Bc of exactly what you just mentioned. She wanted that plum crazy purple tho. Told her that beautiful blue was close enough!! Lol

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No reason really. I just thought interesting. Wrangler adds more the bronco add more. The friendly competition facture!
This. The more features Jeep gets the more Ford will have to improve the Bronco. Win win for all

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I to this day never been in a JL. I told my friend though she wants a jeep she should just buy a JL! Bc of exactly what you just mentioned. She wanted that plum crazy purple tho. Told her that beautiful blue was close enough!! Lol
That's true, but if she's happy it's all good. There were still some JK's with great incentives on the lots when we bought. But me being one to research a screwdriver before I buy knew that I should get the JL for the improvement that came with it.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've driven lots of vehicles with crab walk. It can be handy though never necessary. It also, inevitably, gets screwed up along the way. I'm sure in a consumer vehicle they'd put more effort into it, but the amount of times I've had to stop and adjust my rear wheels, to get a zoom boom to go in a straight line is too many.
That too, sucks trying to line the tires back up. Crab is so rarely useful, everyone gets a decent laugh when you actually find a situation where it comes in handy.

Bunch of 30-something electricians like

image_search_1610288638356.jpg