Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have res for FE and probably going Lightning Blue to be a super special snowflake.

Really want white accoutrements with it though...

Thinking about the viability of getting the MIC top, posts, and flares wrapped in white to at least try out the look.

I have no personal experience with getting a car or stuff wrapped so don't know if it would work or not.

Anyone with more experience have any thoughts?
Sponsored

Last edited:

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don’t think you can wrap a textured top.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have res for FE and probably going Lightning Blue to be a super special snowflake.

Really want white accoutrements with it though...

Thinking about the viability of getting the MIC top, posts, and flares wrapped in white to at least try out the look.

I have no personal experience with getting a car or stuff wrapped so don't know if it would work or not.

Anyone with more experience have any thoughts?
Since it is a textured top wrapping prob isn't going to adhere to the material, whoever does it is probably going to need to sand it down and paint it or spray it with something. I'm in a similar boat, Velocity blue 2dr (not sure on trim yet), but that top is gonna be white damnit!

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since it is a textured top wrapping prob isn't going to adhere to the material, whoever does it is probably going to need to sand it down and paint it or spray it with something. I'm in a similar boat, Velocity blue 2dr (not sure on trim yet), but that top is gonna be white damnit!
I definitely know that some places won't do plastic.

But I talked to a place here in Pittsburgh and he said he thinks he could do it and it would hold up.

He did a hard bed cover for a customer that had texture and it has held up well.

He wouldn't go so far as to warranty it for a certain amount of time. But the bed cover is going on 2 years. I asked about holding up to the sun and he said white was the best option in that regard.

But like I said I have no direct experience and was looking for other's opinions.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely know that some places won't do plastic.

But I talked to a place here in Pittsburgh and he said he thinks he could do it and it would hold up.

He did a hard bed cover for a customer that had texture and it has held up well.

He wouldn't go so far as to warranty it for a certain amount of time. But the bed cover is going on 2 years. I asked about holding up to the sun and he said white was the best option in that regard.

But like I said I have no direct experience and was looking for other's opinions.
He might be able to do it.. but like he even said, no warranty on it so depending on cost it might be worth it or might be better to look at paint options.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He might be able to do it.. but like he even said, no warranty on it so depending on cost it might be worth it or might be better to look at paint options.
Thats my next step. Got a buddy thats a painter. Was looking for potentially cheaper options but the wrap guy is at $1500 sight unseen (he said the flares are a huge pain in the dick) so it might start to make sense.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats my next step. Got a buddy thats a painter. Was looking for potentially cheaper options but the wrap guy is at $1500 sight unseen (he said the flares are a huge pain in the dick) so it might start to make sense.
I am waiting for aftermarket to remove the flares with something a bit more appealing so i am not even worrying about flares but yea, vinyl wrapping a flare that is going to get rocks and what not kicked up (to me) is kinda lighting money on fire. Unless you're driving on pristine roads, i don't know how long that would hold up. Did he have examples of jeep flares wrapped? Any experience on wear & tear there? You might want to scratch getting the flares to match, i just see it getting ruined quick.

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you can get Linex on the top and it would probably work well.
Whoa... I think this might be a winner!

The Linex Ultra sounds like just the ticket.

Thank you!!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whoa... I think this might be a winner!

The Linex Ultra sounds like just the ticket.

Thank you!!
I wouldn't want it in white seeing how dirty my black linex in my truck bed that's covered shows. I've had to deep scrub it with chemical and brush a couple times a year to get it back to black.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn't want it in white seeing how dirty my black linex in my truck bed that's covered shows. I've had to deep scrub it with chemical and brush a couple times a year to get it back to black.
Is your bed liner Linex or Linex Ultra?

My plan as of now is to use the thinner, finer grained ultra. But point taken for sure!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is your bed liner Linex or Linex Ultra?

My plan as of now is to use the thinner, finer grained ultra. But point taken for sure!
I have the regular line-x on my truck bed and ultra on my jeep bumpers and steps.