Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rear gate I assume you're referring to. I don't know if your body shop is the dealer or independent but I looked this up in the parts system. The BS could've called into the dealer and found this out in about 5 minutes.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is t just new Broncos. If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in a collision, your vehicle will spend a lengthy time at the body shop. From lack of parts available to lack of technicians to do the work, body shops are at a snails pace. Every time I see a wreck I think to myself, these poor folks have know idea whats coming.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The rear gate I assume you're referring to. I don't know if your body shop is the dealer or independent but I looked this up in the parts system. The BS could've called into the dealer and found this out in about 5 minutes.
Oh wow. Thatā€™s awesome info. So those locations are where they are being sent to? No idea how to tell this body shop what to do in order to make sure they get it. They are actually the body shop for the dealer here. Same name and everything I would have thought they had an ā€œinā€ with getting information and parts.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone had success getting a wreck repaired. Need a tailgate and a few other parts. The body shop will only say itā€™s on order and has no ETA. So itā€™s basically on an indefinite hold. I have been trying to find out who actually builds the parts for ford but it seems like there is no information anywhere.

8763EA84-F7F6-43BD-97BB-3C51877E618C.jpeg
:eek:
My Bronco was damaged in shipping šŸ˜¢. Both the tailgate and rear bumper needs to be replaced.

I spoke with Ford last week and the bumper is being shipped, but the tailgate is on back order until April 15th.

they are suppose to call me back today with updateā€™s
Wrecked mine 11 weeks ago. Been at body shop about 10 weeks. They were still waiting on the last part as of late last week, before they start repair. My rental coverage under insurance maxed out weeks ago.

May be ready a week or week and a half from now, they said last week, if they were able to get the part Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. Even best-case scenario will have me back in the Bronco a full three months after my wreck.

Wife says can't get frustrated since the accident was my fault, but I pay for insurance, and so far the insurer sucks balls and has screwed me on multiple things.

In the meantime, probably 30 Broncos have appeared in town. And I've made three car payments and three insurance premium payments (which pisses me off to give them more money, since I plan to change insurance once this is settled). While it sits in the same spot the past 10 weeks, same as it was 10 weeks ago.

Edit to add: My dealer doesn't have a body shop, but I'm using the shop they send body work to. However they have to get the dealer to order the parts.
Stopped by the body shop about 2 hrs ago..waiting on new brackets for the bumper. They had what they thought were the correct brackets. They were for the FRONT bumper.

PXL_20220411_182514672.jpg

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a function of being lazy at times. If you're in a loaner or it's drivable, meh. If it's down in shop and you or the insurance carrier is screaming for it there might be more gives a hoot. This would require the estimator asking the parts department what's available, what's back ordered, if there's an off back order date so you, the customer know what's going on. In this case they just order the parts and when everything comes in they schedule the job in the shop.

Those parts are in transit to the corresponding Ford warehouses. Your dealer will likely get it from Memphis or Detroit and will take a handful of days after they are released and cross docked your dealer's facing warehouse. The biggest question to ask the body shop is what other parts are on backorder. They should be able to contact the dealer and have them check availability. Once stuff comes in, it could still be days/weeks before they get it in and through the shop.

I'm not saying hound them every day but they should be able to get the parts availability info from the dealer so you can at least have a timeline.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It's a function of being lazy at times. If you're in a loaner or it's drivable, meh. If it's down in shop and you or the insurance carrier is screaming for it there might be more gives a hoot. This would require the estimator asking the parts department what's available, what's back ordered, if there's an off back order date so you, the customer know what's going on. In this case they just order the parts and when everything comes in they schedule the job in the shop.

Those parts are in transit to the corresponding Ford warehouses. Your dealer will likely get it from Memphis or Detroit and will take a handful of days after they are released and cross docked your dealer's facing warehouse. The biggest question to ask the body shop is what other parts are on backorder. They should be able to contact the dealer and have them check availability. Once stuff comes in, it could still be days/weeks before they get it in and through the shop.

I'm not saying hound them every day but they should be able to get the parts availability info from the dealer so you can at least have a timeline.
I think I understand now. It comes off the back order on 4/15 then itā€™s logistics of getting to a warehouse and then to a body shop. So itā€™s conceivable it would be to body shop by end of April.

Really appreciate the information !

Mines drivable as long as itā€™s not raining. So Iā€™m lucky in that regard. Just sucks having a new vehicle that is wrecked.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I understand now. It comes off the back order on 4/15 then itā€™s logistics of getting to a warehouse and then to a body shop. So itā€™s conceivable it would be to body shop by end of April.

Really appreciate the information !

Mines drivable as long as itā€™s not raining. So Iā€™m lucky in that regard. Just sucks having a new vehicle that is wrecked.
Yes and I completely agree. We have a Navigator Reserve that got hit in the back and pushed it into the vehicle in front of it, just saw the email that it totaled with $60K+ damage. As bad as that is, getting a replacement before a repair would be done is next to impossible right now.

FrankyHotdogs

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Long time lurker, but Iā€™ll try help.
Iā€™m the parts manager at a Midwest dealership and weā€™ve replaced three rear gates in the last two months. I was actually surprised how easy they were to get.

MY21/22 are the same. Part No M2DZ-7840010-A shows X09, which is 2 days delivery for me. It might be a few days longer depending on your location. There are 68 at the local depot. To get the part delivered all they would have to do is upgrade to ā€œemergencyā€œ after the daily order cutt-off. There is no additional cost on their end to do this.

As flip said, this is all pretty basic stuff. If your vehicle is at a dealership and they canā€™t provide this type of information Iā€™d probably look elsewhere for future service.

image.jpg

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Long time lurker, but Iā€™ll try help.
Iā€™m the parts manager at a Midwest dealership and weā€™ve replaced three rear gates in the last two months. I was actually surprised how easy they were to get.

MY21/22 are the same. Part No M2DZ-7840010-A shows X09, which is 2 days delivery for me. It might be a few days longer depending on your location. There are 68 at the local depot. To get the part delivered all they would have to do is upgrade to ā€œemergencyā€œ after the daily order cutt-off. There is no additional cost on their end to do this.

As flip said, this is all pretty basic stuff. If your vehicle is at a dealership and they canā€™t provide this type of information Iā€™d probably look elsewhere for future service.

image.jpg
Wow. What an issue. No one is very helpful anymore with anything you do these days Iā€™m sure if I gave him this information they would just pretend it doesnā€™t exist and not help me. I suppose I could change to a non-Ford body shop and see what they say. Do you guys think that would impact me availability not being able to claim an emergency.

Last edited:

FrankyHotdogs

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow. What an issue. No one is very helpful anymore with anything you do these days Iā€™m sure if I gave him this information they would just pretend it doesnā€™t exist and not help me. I suppose I could change to a non-Ford body shop and see what they say. Do you guys think that would impact me availability not being able to claim an emergency.
Ford has an internal service hotline called COPIS we are supposed to use to escalate parts and service issues. Tin foil hat time. I think they designed it so terribly on purpose that almost no one uses it, then when customers get angry they come back with ā€œWell did you file a COPIS case?ā€and throw problems back on the dealer.

It is sometimes possible to get parts shipped direct from the vendors to improve customer satisfaction on downed vehicles. However, Ford will only do that with vehicles being repaired (Service or Body Shop) at a Ford franchised faculty.

In your case since there is stock for both the side gate and the latches as Ford depots, COPIS is irrelevant to the situation.

Your repair faculty sources their partyā€™s from a local Ford or Lincoln dealership. Someone just needs to make a few mouse clicks at end of day to get the parts rolling.

Whether the fault lies in the body shop not communicating to the dealer, the body shops not having a free bodyman/paint booth/stall to work on your vehicle, or dealership incompetence I canā€™t say. People often throw out ā€œsupply chainā€ excuses to cover laziness or human error.

In general though everyone involved should want to fix your vehicle as quickly and correctly as possible. For one, it is how we get paid. More importantly, it is both expensive and inconvenient to service vehicles at dealerships. I try to go out of my way to be as honest and open as possible with customers. Sometimes it means admitting I made a mistake, sometimes it means letting them know a competitor across town stocks the part they are in a rush for. If you donā€™t feel your service faculty is offering you the same courtesy my advice would be to shop around the next time you are in need. There are lots of good repair facilities out there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford has an internal service hotline called COPIS we are supposed to use to escalate parts and service issues. Tin foil hat time. I think they designed it so terribly on purpose that almost no one uses it, then when customers get angry they come back with ā€œWell did you file a COPIS case?ā€and throw problems back on the dealer.

It is sometimes possible to get parts shipped direct from the vendors to improve customer satisfaction on downed vehicles. However, Ford will only do that with vehicles being repaired (Service or Body Shop) at a Ford franchised faculty.

In your case since there is stock for both the side gate and the latches as Ford depots, COPIS is irrelevant to the situation.

Your repair faculty sources their partyā€™s from a local Ford or Lincoln dealership. Someone just needs to make a few mouse clicks at end of day to get the parts rolling.

Whether the fault lies in the body shop not communicating to the dealer, the body shops not having a free bodyman/paint booth/stall to work on your vehicle, or dealership incompetence I canā€™t say. People often throw out ā€œsupply chainā€ excuses to cover laziness or human error.

In general though everyone involved should want to fix your vehicle as quickly and correctly as possible. For one, it is how we get paid. More importantly, it is both expensive and inconvenient to service vehicles at dealerships. I try to go out of my way to be as honest and open as possible with customers. Sometimes it means admitting I made a mistake, sometimes it means letting them know a competitor across town stocks the part they are in a rush for. If you donā€™t feel your service faculty is offering you the same courtesy my advice would be to shop around the next time you are in need. There are lots of good repair facilities out there.
Your a rare breed for sure. I really appreciate the info and advice. I think I might just punt and head elsewhere. Itā€™s not like I should need to argue to get them to do the right thing. Itā€™s like complaining before you get your food at a restaurant just not a good idea. I donā€™t want them to do half ass work on my brand new ride. Thanks again!

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Youā€™d think as they send them out into the world there would be a mechanism to provide some amount of replacement parts. The first day they out out in the wild there is risk of wrecks. 4 days in my case thanks to a drunk driver. So livid.
Get him on liability. Go get checked out by a dr. If you were in the car and get treated. (Hope youā€™re ok if you or family were in the vehicle) Insurance could give up the whole policy to you if you get a lawyer, ($50k or more) to avoid punitive damages in court. This will take the edge off your inconvenience and it will cause further punishment to the drunk driver hopefully keeping him from doing it again.

Iā€™m not a call the lawyer type, but in this case anything to punish a drunk driver is important. I know this from experience.

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Get him on liability. Go get checked out by a dr. If you were in the car and get treated. (Hope youā€™re ok if you or family were in the vehicle) Insurance could give up the whole policy to you if you get a lawyer, ($50k or more) to avoid punitive damages in court. This will take the edge off your inconvenience and it will cause further punishment to the drunk driver hopefully keeping him from doing it again.

Iā€™m not a call the lawyer type, but in this case anything to punish a drunk driver is important. I know this from experience.
Oh yeah I am working that side of it and have a lawyer. Not sure whatā€™s worse the repair or the restitution. Ha

OP
OP
Pdshepherd

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No chance i can buy one some other way and show up with it at dealer? :(

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Has anyone had success getting a wreck repaired. Need a tailgate and a few other parts. The body shop will only say itā€™s on order and has no ETA. So itā€™s basically on an indefinite hold. I have been trying to find out who actually builds the parts for ford but it seems like there is no information anywhere.

Ford Bronco Wrecked Bronco Repair image
:eek:
Maybe you can get a tailgate from one of the two underpass Broncos on the front page
Sponsored