Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Many of you need a basic course in contract law. You are committed to buying- the dealer is committed to delivering the ex act vehicle you ordered.
in reality tho, the dealer wants you to be happy ( and avoid negative publicity ). Therefore if you don’t follow thru they might keep your deposit.
it’s funny that buyers don’t want to commit but would be furious if the dealer wasn’t obligated to sell them the vehicle once delivered. Commitment works both ways!
Sponsored

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Please understand that if we cannot reach you within a reasonable amount of time...., we will be forced to move that allocation to the next reservation in line.”
I just don't like the strong-armed lies. They can't just bypass you if they can't reach you as long as you place your order by the March deadline.

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just don't like the strong-armed lies. They can't just bypass you if they can't reach you as long as you place your order by the March deadline.
Not true sir. We are obligated to submit our full allocation by March 19th. It isn't possible for us to wait until the last day to find out if you are ordering or not. There wouldn't be enough time to offer the allocation to someone else at that point. If you value your position in the priority line, I do not recommend playing chicken with your dealership on this one.

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not true sir. We are obligated to submit our full allocation by March 19th. It isn't possible for us to wait until the last day to find out if you are ordering or not. There wouldn't be enough time to offer the allocation to someone else at that point. If you value your position in the priority line, I do not recommend playing chicken with your dealership on this one.
All I know is if I contact my dealer on March 15 to place my order and they refuse, I'm switching dealers.

Secondly, you wouldn't need enough time to offer the allocation to someone else. You'll have more orders than allocations anyway.

Playing chicken? All I'm doing is giving Ford as much time to get their shit together as possible. Maybe by then build & price will be accurate. Maybe late availability will be available. And maybe an option I have to have will suddenly become late availability. I like to know what I'm dealing with before committing $60K.
Sponsored