DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be concerned with what their “pricing policy” is. Did they commit to a price with you yet? If not, then why are they asking you for anything other than your reservation which is a commitment to order? Your commitment is when the vehicle comes in and you decide you still want it after seeing it, touching it, sitting in it and driving it. If you don’t want it, you don’t buy it and they put it on the lot for probably a significant mark up.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Deposit is commitment, but I am not purchasing a vehicle that shows up with the incorrect features or is damaged, etc.
They can't force you to buy a vehicle that has the wrong options or if it was damaged at the factory, during transport or at the dealership.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would laugh and walk out.

Although, it is not clear on that write up what the penalty would be if I didn't come through.

They keep my deposit? They come for me for full price? What is their pricing policy?

Its a pretty shitty written commitment.

Either way 2 points stand:

1. You'd be foolish to agree to buy something you haven't seen in person and test driven. If you're offended by foolish let me rephrase... you'd be brave to.

2. They can easily mark up the bronco i walk out on and sell it to someone that doesn't have a reservation and wants one upon release. So at that point they'd still pocket my deposit? Nah.

Hopefully my dealer doesn't pull anything like that.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I expect ALL dealers want a commitment to buy from you when you order. They're not a huge national chain like Walmart, they're small private companies. It's not a mass-market $35 blender you can just 'return' if you don't like it. It's a $35,000 custom manufactured product built as YOU specifiy. You order at $3000 guitar or a custom home, you can't let them build it then look at it and sniff, "nah....I changed my mind." That's not how contracts work. They are an agreement. They agree to build what you asked for (statement of work), you agree to buy it.

If you did try that you can be sure they'd NEVER let you order another Ford. Tire kickers playing games are the bane of business.

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So the doc appears to be a dealer drafted doc. If you are concerned with a commitment, add a phrase at the end "if the delivered vehicle meets my satisfaction."

You may bounce twice when they throw you out the door, but give it a shot.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I read on one of the forum posts that a dealer will be penalized if the reservation holder is not the final buyer. I think this was to try and prevent dealers from reserving them and putting them on the lot. Correct me if I am wrong.
I think some of the other replies are accurate that the writer of the email could have done it better.

Brew3x

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Deposit is commitment, but I am not purchasing a vehicle that shows up with the incorrect features or is damaged, etc.
Doesn’t that go without saying I’m sure none of us are purchasing damaged vehicles

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the key for the original poster is to get clarification from your dealer. I don't think it is shady business here. Just more poor, or confusing, wording/communication.

Call and talk to them. Ask questions. Stop by and have a chat. Sit down decide on price, etc. get something in writing for price/options/deposit.

Good Communication is key.
Sponsored