First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the dealer is just covering themselves, Ford's threats were pretty severe on the reservations not going to the correct name. In yesterdays documents they released the policy and criteria, and its got a reasonable amount of wiggle room so I'm not nearly as afraid of it as I was 2 days ago.
Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Happy to receive an email from my dealer regarding ordering procedure today. But there is a paragraph about needing a written commitment to purchase before they will place the order that seems a bit strange. Signing a commitment to buy a vehicle that you canā€™t test drive or look at before ordering? I want the Bronco but I should be able to back out if there is a problem with it or something I really donā€™t like about how the vehicle drives, right?

Hereā€™s part of the email: ā€œIn the coming days Ford will tell us how many 2021 Broncos will be allocated to (.....) Ford. Using that number, I will start with the lowest reservation number in our pool and will reach out to each of you in ascending order. I will attempt you first by email and then by phone if I donā€™t hear back from you. Once we connect I will ask for a couple commitments from you. I will need your written commitment that you will follow through and purchase the vehicle within a reasonable amount of time once it arrives. I will also need to know that you understand our pricing policy. Provided you can make all commitments needed, I will then push your reservation into the order system and will give you instruction on how to submit your build configuration. Please understand that if we cannot reach you within a reasonable amount of time, or if you cannot commit to the purchase, we will be forced to move that allocation to the next reservation in line.ā€

Is this just normal dealership covering their butt talk or does this sound fishy?
Fishy.
I talked to my dealer who assured me that I can back out as late as the test drive of the specific vehicle that I ordered and I would owe nothing more than the $100 that I already gave and even that will be refunded if I back out.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Please understand that if we cannot reach you within a reasonable amount of time, or if you cannot commit to the purchase, we will be forced to move that allocation to the next reservation in line.ā€

The above statement is spurious. I don't believe dealers can move your allocation to the next reservation. Not even sure what that means? If you order by the March deadline, your build date is based on timestamp, vehicle options and dealer allocation. This guy alludes to being able to move your position and that's b.s.

As for commitment or deposit, it should be expected. If you want a $40k, $50k or $60k vehicle built to your exact specification, then you need to commit. If you are not comfortable buying a vehicle you have not driven, etc, etc, then wait and buy a Bronco a year later.

There are plenty of people, myself included, that have enough information to commit to buying now and paying whatever deposit necessary. I put a deposit on the Porsche Boxster 2 years before it came out. I bought it without driving it and I was maybe the first guy in Boston to have one. Based on many comments I've read on this forum, many people here are NOT serious buyers. Ford and the dealerships want to weed out the Lookie Lou's and build Broncos for genuine, committed customers!

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm with @Drex. Your Bronco could arrive anytime between June and December or even later. Your life could be completely different a year from now and a $50K commitment is absurd.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well said- What is being overlooked on the OP post is that this dealer may PAST you over regardless of your time stamp. @XCR440 is this correct? If a buyer does not to respond right away or chooses to convert later in the process could the buyer loose their spot in MY21 builds? Thanks
if you cannot commit to the purchase, we will be forced to move that allocation to the next reservation in line.ā€

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In my opinion itā€™s just cya. No way theyā€™d hold you to that signature of commitment. Nor would they go after you to buy it. Theyā€™d be able to raise the hell out of that price and sell it off the lot for way more. Nothing to worry about. Donā€™t over think it. KISS theory.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's absurd. I wouldn't sign or write anything like that. Just move your reservation to another dealer.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have not seen anything like this . . . but if my dealership throws something like this at me I will not be ordering. I am not committing to a 61k vehicle that I have never driven or laid my eyes on. Furthermore I will be trading in my Raptor and this gives them carte-blanche to totally screw me over on the trade . . . I am happy to put down a (refundable) deposit - no question - but I am not committing unless they want to also commit to what the final - after trade - number will be . . . and even then it needs to be exactly what I order.

I have ordered two of my last three Raptors and did not have to sign anything like this.
So vary true, my wife and I just ordered a new 2021 ford Explorer that she custom built, 60 + after all said and done, and we were never asked to sign anything like that, hell we didn't even have to put down a deposit.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So vary true, my wife and I just ordered a new 2021 ford Explorer that she custom built, 60 + after all said and done, and we were never asked to sign anything like that, hell we didn't even have to put down a deposit.
Exactly. I was asked to put down 500.00 when I ordered my 14 Raptor but have since ordered a 17 Raptor and 19 Ranger for my son. No deposit or language / signing any guarantee to purchase ...

And I am actually fine with a deposit if requested - which should be all the ā€˜commitmentā€™ necessary.

Sponsored

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well said- What is being overlooked on the OP post is that this dealer may PAST you over regardless of your time stamp. @XCR440 is this correct? If a buyer does not to respond right away or chooses to convert later in the process could the buyer loose their spot in MY21 builds? Thanks
The dealer does not control the order allocation of their converted reservations. That's Ford's big algorithm's job. Just get your order in by March 19th.

I think most dealers know this - they just are using scare tactics to hurry and get your order/deposit/etc.

FTBronco9

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Comparing ordering an already available vehicle like the raptor, explorer or ranger is not comparable. Cmon people. This is not a big deal. If the OP is worried then feel free to move dealers, thatā€™ll move the rest of us closer if youā€™re an early reservation holder. āœŒ?
Sponsored