Pleco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi RS 5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Happy to receive an email from my dealer regarding ordering procedure today. But there is a paragraph about needing a written commitment to purchase before they will place the order that seems a bit strange. Signing a commitment to buy a vehicle that you can’t test drive or look at before ordering? I want the Bronco but I should be able to back out if there is a problem or something I really don’t like about how the vehicle drives, shouldn’t I?

Here’s part of the email: “In the coming days Ford will tell us how many 2021 Broncos will be allocated to (.....) Ford. Using that number, I will start with the lowest reservation number in our pool and will reach out to each of you in ascending order. I will attempt you first by email and then by phone if I don’t hear back from you. Once we connect I will ask for a couple commitments from you. I will need your written commitment that you will follow through and purchase the vehicle within a reasonable amount of time once it arrives. I will also need to know that you understand our pricing policy. Provided you can make all commitments needed, I will then push your reservation into the order system and will give you instruction on how to submit your build configuration. Please understand that if we cannot reach you within a reasonable amount of time, or if you cannot commit to the purchase, we will be forced to move that allocation to the next reservation in line.”

Is this just normal dealership covering their butt talk or does this sound fishy?
Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can only speculate but it is probably dealer making sure the bronco ordered goes to the specific reso holder as I believe Ford has implemented a system to “discourage” dealers from gaming system to have lot stock. If rolling the dice on an unknown vehicle is too much, and completely understandable, may want to just wait until MY22. My dealer is asking for 10% MSRP deposit, non-refundable.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can only speculate but it is probably dealer making sure the bronco ordered goes to the specific reso holder as I believe Ford has implemented a system to “discourage” dealers from gaming system to have lot stock. If rolling the dice on an unknown vehicle is too much, and completely understandable, may want to just wait until MY22. My dealer is asking for 10% MSRP deposit, non-refundable.
10% MSRP?? That seems very high. I'd consider looking for another dealer. JMHO

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

10% MSRP?? That seems very high. I'd consider looking for another dealer. JMHO
Was always planning to put down that much but sucks that it's non-refundable so I'd better be committed. And from what I understand, us Canadians never had the option to switch dealers :(

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@NurseDan are you buying from a dealer in Canada or in the US? You may want to look into the legality of non-refundable deposits wherever you are purchasing. In California non-refundable deposits are illegal, so our customers have the ability to walk away from their orders even in the final minutes without penalty and they get their deposit back. Just an FYI

Sponsored

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@NurseDan are you buying from a dealer in Canada or in the US? You may want to look into the legality of non-refundable deposits wherever you are purchasing. In California non-refundable deposits are illegal, so our customers have the ability to walk away from their orders even in the final minutes without penalty and they get their deposit back. Just an FYI
Dealer in Canada. Thanks, I'll look into it!

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Dealer in Canada. Thanks, I'll look into it!
Quickly googling, looks like in Alberta, there is legally little to protect consumers regarding deposits. As long as the dealer clearly states that it is non-refundable (which they have), and states a reason (which they have, to ensure committed buyers), they have every right to keep that money (it'll go towards the car on purchase). Again, guess I better be ready. I will be getting a Bronco and the ol' Jetta's wiring is currently a trash fire. I'm currently reasonably happy with MY21 Big Bend options although I'd love a white top and not super jazzed on the current colours. Would also love heated seats. The top and seats I can do for cheaper in the aftermarket, I suspect. The colours? Kinda hard to wait that much longer for MY22 when car is on its' last legs. C'est la vie!

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your call to make. I am not signing a purchase agreement or commitment until I test drive the vehicle. I wouldn’t order with a non-refundable deposit clause. The dealer accepts the risk, I guess that’s why they get to keep the profits... I’ve (factory) ordered several times and never had a non-refundable deposit. This is my 8th vehicle from the same dealership, so we do have a good relationship. I’m also A-Plan, so that shows some level of commitment. Also in Canada if that matters.
I would call the dealership and discuss it with them. Nothing anybody on here can change.
It boils down to doing what you are comfortable with.

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t know. Even if you end up with one, I’m sure you could flip it on the open market REALLY quick with a 10-20% markup.
Sponsored