First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, AMC AMX, DF Goblin
Your Bronco Model
Base
My Black Diamond shows both rear AND front lockers. Not sure if it is part of the Sasquatch package but check your window sticker. It should be listed. Anyway, take the BD and enjoy all the stuff without the fluff for now.
If you optioned your BD with Sasquatch it will have front and rear lockers. Non-Sasquatch Badlands will only have the rear locker.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep BD a couple years then buy a Badlands off the lot or order it later. A BD can do 99% of what a Badlands can do. It does suck about high package loss but that's the worst of it

pimpjuice

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sucks to not get exactly what you want but with the top and doors off, nothing else will matter....plus you're finally getting a Bronco!!! On top of that, you get feel the joy of getting a new Bronco twice if you later sell and upgrade!!!
You, my friend, are the real winner in this! Make sure you post pics when you pick it up.

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what it’s worth. I regret not taking a customer reject for $5k over sticker from my dealer on principle about a year ago. They had an A51 Badlands with zero options 4 cyl, stick shift, softie. My configuration is the other end of the spectrum since I plan for this to be my ultimate keeper rig. I could have been driving a basic badlands for the last year and any parts would have moved over to my build when it finally showed up.

take The build that you initially thought you wanted. Try it out and configure the next one based on that two years of hands on research.

68 galaxie

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 galaxie /2017 f450 /2021 f150 / 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just experienced the same thing. I contacted my dealer by the next day it was corrected

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeah, sounds like dealer flubbed it. That's why lot of dealers will have you sign a confirmation sheet every time you place/update an order... to ensure the order is correct in the system.

100% agree with the others, stick with the Black Diamond, you'll love it.

I would argue that the Black Diamond would make a far superior "lifetime vehicle" than the Badlands anyway. That front disconnect system is a hydro-mechanical system that won't last forever. There are solenoids, seals, sensors, fluids, etc. that will all need to be serviced at some point. And if I were to guess service will not be cheap. No such complexities on the Black Diamond.

Plus if you end up really missing the extra features, just order a 2023/2024 and trade in your Black Diamond.

---

Truth be told the Black Diamond was my preferred trim, but Ford priced the manual transmission in such a way that it just makes more sense to buy a Badlands. Not looking forward to that day 10-15 years from now when that stabilizer bar system breaks.
This post made me smile massively!

The concept that any modern space ship is a "lifetime vehicle" is hilarious.

All of these modern cars will brick themselves within 20-30 years. Base, Badlands, wildtrek, any of these things will be bricked.

Heck, even my current daily driver is only 61 years old and at risk of becoming bricked if the world moves away from petrol in my lifetime. But she runs fine now but I can't figure out how to turn on the start/stop function without burning through starter relays. Good thing they are mechanical so I can fix it without a computer!

Ford Bronco Wrong order being built Screenshot_20220523-202411_Gallery

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The fact your dealer believes you can order in October is a red flag. This coming August is the slotted time for Bronco orders. Any decent dealer would know this info. So you do have a VIN? A production week schedule? I don’t know how your switch to BL order actually transpired, but there should be know way in hell the order change wasn’t initiated while you sat in the dealership. Then an order change confirmation from Ford. If I were in your shoes I would pursue this to the bitter end. If the BD remains the build, I would accept it all the while giving the dealer grief in order to get some customer restitution from them. Lower price, more Ford points, free extended warranty. The BD will be great if it comes to that.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Black Diamond shows both rear AND front lockers. Not sure if it is part of the Sasquatch package but check your window sticker. It should be listed. Anyway, take the BD and enjoy all the stuff without the fluff for now.
Yes. BD only comes with one locker. Squatch and Badlands come with two.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel your pain. Same thing happened to me. Dealer put in the wrong order and unfortunately the VIN was assigned the next day. Was told they couldn't do anything once the VIN was assigned. It was built in January and I have a nice picture of the wrong Bronco rolling off the line.
Had to place a new order and still waiting to get a build date. With 2 door allocations and the number of orders ahead of me, I might be assigned a build date sometime this year to be built next year.

Sponsored

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Take delivery, order with new dealer, trade in when new order is built. At least you will have a Bronco to drive around until you get what you want.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

"The update didn't stick".......Dayum, just when you think you've heard it all. Good luck, I hope you can get it straightened out.

NaturalFlorida

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 4Runner SR-5 / 7" lift / 5.29 Gears / Lockers
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you optioned your BD with Sasquatch it will have front and rear lockers. Non-Sasquatch Badlands will only have the rear locker.

www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/features/off-roading
Electronic front locking differentials are standard on Badlands ™ and included in the Sasquatch ™ Package.

Tallday

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have been dealing with the same thing! My dealer changed my order. I got an email from form stating this. When I looked my order was a color change and non Sasquatch. When I first talked to the dealership they said it was changed because the shadow black was discontinued. I called ford to confirm and obviously the color was not discontinued. I called the dealership back to inform them of the problem. They danced Artie fact they just lied to me about the color. They then said it was fords fault that on the dealership end my order is still correct. A few days later the manager called me to say he would have his “Bronco” team at his other dealership look into adding my reservation number to the new order they placed to fix the issue! They tried to make me feel better by giving me a priority code 10 over my 19 on the previous order. I have nothing I can do at this point except placed an official complaint with ford. Still today when I log in it’s not my order. And now I lost 4 months in my appt in the cue. To be honest if this bronco doesn’t show up in a few months I am buying a Jeep or any other brand except ford. Will never ever give ford a penny for my entire life. Don’t get me wrong I will take the bronco they ordered in my name and find someone to take it off my hands for my exact out of pocket. The F in Ford stands for The F$&kd
Sponsored