The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
With everyone complaining about Ford dropping the ball and not being prepared for the pandemic and the ongoing delays with the Bronco it makes me wonder why isn't Jeep taking advantage of this and redesigning the Wrangler?

Ford clearly designed the Bronco based on Jeep owners complaints and would they wish Jeep would fix and make better.

If I were Jeep I'd take advantage of Fords delays and make the Jeep even better!

Some of the things they can at least fix in a simple redesign would be.

1. A better base engine. That 3.6 could be better. More power.

2. Get rid of that stupid B pillar cross bar/sound bar with speakers right down the center. Totally kills the open air experience.

3. Mirror's off the doors.

4. Make 35s available from the factory. Especially on the Gladiator. For God sake. The Mojave and Rubicon should come with 35s.

5. Make lockers available from the factory for other models like the Willys at least. Even if it's just rear.

6. Drop the F-ing price. Jeeps are ridiculously expensive for what you get. Part of the reason I never bought one.

I can name a dozen more things they could do but I won't. If they just do the 6 simple things buy the time the Bronco actually is out in full force they would attract a lot of new buyers and retain Jeep customers looking to switch to the Bronco.

Guaranteed Jeep won't though. They'll just shove a V8 in the dinosaur design they already have and charge you $80k for it and call it better.

For the record I'm not Ford fan boy at all or any brand for that matter and would totally buy a Jeep if they fixed these issues. Part of me hopes they will because they can probably do the redesign and still get them out sooner then the Bronco. Lol.
Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are working furiously to catch up...but it doesn’t happen overnight with vehicle design. Jeep will get way better than it is because of Bronco.
How do you know this for sure? Are you an Insider? I hope they are. I think the Bronco coming along gave Jeep some stiff competition and should give them a swift kick in the ass to improve things. I just haven't seen them improving anything yet. Hopefully they don't take to long. Everything has a window. And the window can slam shut really quick.

The 6 changes I listed are an absolute must. Especially the price. Jeeps are ridiculously expensive. I can get a Basequatch Bronco with 35 inch tires, 2.7 engine with 330hp and 410tq, Auto transmission, front and rear Lockers, Aux switches, and All weather floor mats for $39k. Nothing in Jeeps current line up can compete with that especially with the things that need to be fixed/redesigned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do you know this for sure? Are you an Insider? I hope they are. I think the Bronco coming along Gave Jeep some stiff competition and should give them a swift kick in the ass to improve things. I just haven't seen them improving anything yet. Hopefully they don't take to long. Everything has a window. And the window can slam shut really quick.

The 6 changes I listed are an absolute must. Especially the price. Jeeps are ridiculously expensive. I can get a Basequatch Bronco with 35 inch tires, 2.7 engine with 330hp and 410tq, Auto transmission, front and rear Lockers, Aux switches, and All weather floor mats for $39k. Nothing in Jeeps current line up can compete with that especially with the things that need to be fixed/redesigned.
No, I’m not an insider but it’s not hard to figure out what the reaction will be...they had no competitor in the space and had gotten lazy because of it. The 392 wouldn’t even have happened without Bronco and that is a sign of things to come.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Go ba
Doesn't the 392 address your first point ?
Go back and read it again. "Base engine" I mean if Jeeps wants to throw in a V8 in a $40k model by all means pleas do.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Jeep looks to have some things in the works. There is a vid about their concept wranglers.

And the have a diesel...but yeah...Everytime one more nail gets put in the Ford Coffin, a Rubicon starts looking better.
Sponsored