Sponsored

WWYD - fly to pick up or put on a transport?

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i would fly out.
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you bought it to drive it, drive it home.
I would not rush either. Make a vacation of it and have story to remember and to tell.

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got the call today from Granger that the FE is in, accessories and add-ons complete and ready to go. Now to make a decision.....

What would you do?

1) Fly out and drive back to Vegas, burn 1200 miles in 2 days,

or

2) Load it up on a truck and have it brought out and keep the miles low?
The manufacturer would prefer you to truck it back, so the break-in period doesn’t happen at only one consistent RPM.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Good analysis above. I am in same position, Granger to AZ. I have just asked for a quote. You need also to consider the weather, snow, salt... If I would have it shipped, I would ask for no prep.
Lastly, there is reportedly also an option to have it drop shipped to (for you LV) close dealer directly from factory, but the original dealer still does the processing. I need to find more about this.

Bronkoooo

First Edition
First Name
Perry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I flew out from NY to WV to drive mine home, about 600 miles in one day. It was worth every effort! I got to meet the wonderful people at Stephens Auto Center, and make a face to face handshake with the men and women who made my purchase a breeze and bargain. A memorable and enjoyable experience that I’ll tell for years to come in my “Bronco life”. The pickup cost $180 for my airfare, $120 in gas, and about $50 in tolls. Shipping started at $800.

Sponsored

ATLUTDFAN

First Edition
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Got the call today from Granger that the FE is in, accessories and add-ons complete and ready to go. Now to make a decision.....

What would you do?

1) Fly out and drive back to Vegas, burn 1200 miles in 2 days,

or

2) Load it up on a truck and have it brought out and keep the miles low?

I am having mine shipped home. In the process of going though UShip.com now to get bids.

HideoutBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Defender / 1985 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove MN to UT with mine. Was fun.

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm gonna fly and drive (slc) and take the long way home.

Backroads up though the badlands to Mt Rushmore, devils tower, then slc.

I bought a new Subaru in 96 and immediately packed up the family to visit my family in Denver. I made a halfhearted effort to vary rpm on I80 through wyoming, engine was still good when I gave it away with 190000 miles.

My only problem with my plan is I initially figured it was a september trip, not dark, cold ass January or february trip.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am not a fan of jumping into a brand new vehicle and driving it a long distance for hours at high speed. Not sure what the proper break in procedure is but for the first 500 miles I varied the RPM and didn’t beat on it to hard. I’m at 600 miles now with zero issues. Drove 400 miles yesterday to the parents for Thanksgiving. 55 to 75 mph for a 3 hour trip one way. 1500 rpm to 2200.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you driven on the interstates lately? Not much steady to it anymore. On the long stretches it should be fairly low rpms at 75 or 80 and then a little more aggressive when you go thru the cities to round it out. Not worried a bit when my turn comes to pick up and bring it home.
I’ve driven the interstates that he would drive back to Las Vegas. The first 700 miles from Granger to Denver is flat, straight and you can set the cruise control and not touch the pedals for a 100 miles at a time.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Depending on what's in between where you live and the dealership - I'd probably drive. Take the opportunity to see some sights, get some cool photos in places you might not normally go to, and get to know your new Bronco. I'd venture to guess that the costs associated with one-way airfare + 1200 miles of gas (estimating 17 mpg and $4.50/gallon = roughly $315) plus a night in a hotel, would be less than the fee to have it delivered, but you'd also have to take some time off work - that's up to you to determine the 'value' of - so cost-wise, I think it makes sense... but that's truly only a decision you can make based on the other factors. I bought a car back in 2012 from a dealership in Las Vegas (I live in Sacramento)... timing worked out great, as I was being paid to do a photo shoot at SEMA that year, and the dealership held onto the car for me for a month until I was in town.. so I flew to Vegas on someone else's dime, did the photo shoot for DeeZee truck accessories at SEMA, called my dealership - they came and picked me up from my hotel - I got my car, and drove it home - it was a blast. Stopped in Death Valley and Red Rock canyon on the way home for some great photos, and the memories alone were worth the miles!

IMG_0480.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

untitled shoot-013.jpg

untitled shoot-023.jpg

untitled shoot-035.jpg

untitled shoot-037.jpg

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if you have the time, check the weather reports for the next couple days, check the way you'd drive home and look for some fun diversions and off highway options (better to not drive at a constant speed with a new engine - or so they say).
If weather looks good and the drive looks fun/interesting with a couple things to explore, make the drive.

If all that looks more like a chore, have it shipped.

That's how I'd look at it. Before I decided to stick with my dealer (after they told me they'd allow xplan even w/o Ford doing so) I had mapped out my route from Granger to the Bay Area with the intent of making it a two or three day road trip. Chances are slim to none that I'll ever drive to their state otherwise (unless I'm on my way to somewhere East).

So, I'd do the drive but make it an old fashioned road trip, find good local lunch/dinner spots or what ever other interesting things there might be along the route.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
whatever you decide, is it not a complete pleasure to not worry in the slightest about showing up and having them drop an ADM or unwanted overpriced accessorizing that you did not want?

That is why I went with and am staying with Granger right there.