JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if he'll let us spec out the AR? I don't want none of that usual dealer added on junk...
yeah, we need a la cart options on the AR. I don't want to have to get some space titanium quad-rail or bayonet mount just to get the Geiselle trigger that I want. but I do like that 15 direction positional stock....

I may have to go with the King Ranch AR-15 though in order to get that Castano leather cheek rest and shoulder pad though.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, we need a la cart options on the AR. I don't want to have to get some space titanium quad-rail or bayonet mount just to get the Geiselle trigger that I want. but I do like that 15 direction positional stock....

I may have to go with the King Ranch AR-15 though in order to get that Castano leather cheek rest and shoulder pad though.

Do I get chairs thrown at me for starting a AR15 / AR10 debate? ....or are we saving that for the AK crew? LOL

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Do I get chairs thrown at me for starting a AR15 / AR10 debate? ....or are we saving that for the AK crew? LOL
AR-10... smells like BROKE in here

this post made by FN SCAR-H gang

(no I don’t own one just a dream gun.)

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have both. A store bought 15 and built 10

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would have recent graduate, also Military, Texas Farm Bureau, and possible the flooding one depending on research.... I guess it’s one of those “the highest price counts” and the others don’t, that’s what I’m asking. Would I get a grand or so off for each one depending on my area?

securitysix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's possible to purchase a Ford vehicle with the X plan if you own a certain amount of Ford stock. I think it's only 100 shares. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'm figuring it might be a good option since I doubt they will be offering rebates initially.
It exists, and I have enough Ford stock to take advantage of it, although I haven't tried to use it yet.

There is a math problem here, though.

Ford's stock is at $7.89/share right now (which is, naturally, lower than what I paid for mine, because f%&$ me), which means that 100 shares would set you back $789.

I'm not sure what the savings would be on the Bronco, but if you take a base, XL 4x4 Ranger, MSRP is $24,410 (without accounting for destination, doc, tag, tax, title, that raise the price, or any incentives that would lower it) and the X-Plan price is $23,904 (again, without accounting for any of that other stuff). That's a difference of $506. You're still $283 in the hole there, although you should get a couple of shots of dividend payments, which will chip away at that a little bit.

Point being, buying Ford stock just to get X-Plan is dumb. If you want to buy Ford stock for other reasons (long term investment based on dividend payments or expectation that the stock price will go up enough to make money on the sale), then there's absolutely no reason not to take advantage of X-Plan anyway.

But if you want to get X-Plan cheaper, there are other ways to do it. Joining Mustang Club of America is one way. I believe you can get a membership for $60, and the only other catch there is that you have to have at least 60 days remaining on your membership when you request your PIN.

I think there are other ways to get X-Plan, too, but I don't know what they are.

As near as I can tell, they won't contact you, but it is available for shareholders. It's buried at the bottom of the FAQ on the Investor Relations page.

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good to know. I too have enough stock to take advantage of this incentive but was disheartened when I read the exclusions apply to “certain vehicles in short supply” clause. To me that means in “ high demand “. It may be my only option on saving a few bucks however since Ford has yet to offer the “Poor bastard still drives his Mother in laws hand me down minivan” incentive. The only other one I would qualify for unfortunately.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It exists, and I have enough Ford stock to take advantage of it, although I haven't tried to use it yet.

There is a math problem here, though.

Ford's stock is at $7.89/share right now (which is, naturally, lower than what I paid for mine, because f%&$ me), which means that 100 shares would set you back $789.

I'm not sure what the savings would be on the Bronco, but if you take a base, XL 4x4 Ranger, MSRP is $24,410 (without accounting for destination, doc, tag, tax, title, that raise the price, or any incentives that would lower it) and the X-Plan price is $23,904 (again, without accounting for any of that other stuff). That's a difference of $506. You're still $283 in the hole there, although you should get a couple of shots of dividend payments, which will chip away at that a little bit.

Point being, buying Ford stock just to get X-Plan is dumb. If you want to buy Ford stock for other reasons (long term investment based on dividend payments or expectation that the stock price will go up enough to make money on the sale), then there's absolutely no reason not to take advantage of X-Plan anyway.

But if you want to get X-Plan cheaper, there are other ways to do it. Joining Mustang Club of America is one way. I believe you can get a membership for $60, and the only other catch there is that you have to have at least 60 days remaining on your membership when you request your PIN.

I think there are other ways to get X-Plan, too, but I don't know what they are.

As near as I can tell, they won't contact you, but it is available for shareholders. It's buried at the bottom of the FAQ on the Investor Relations page.
There are different levels of membership to MCA with the associate membership starting at just $25 for one year.

https://mustang.org/membership-account/levels/

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A moment of silence for me, Chrispy, and any other 401k's after the last earnings report. Oh and also another moment of silence for Joe Hinrichs

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yea, at these prices Ford stock is a very safe option. However if I am being totally honest there are other safe investments that will probably out perform in the short term. But the dividends are nice!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yea, at these prices Ford stock is a very safe option. However if I am being totally honest there are other safe investments that will probably out perform in the short term. But the dividends are nice!

I don’t think many investments are going to be a good bet from here until November. I’m 100% $GLD right now.
Sponsored