Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Part of me understands why Ford denied the x-plan, but if it's solely about the numbers.... why even have an x-plan system to begin with? It costs money to maintain the system and website. How many Fusion sales were really 'stolen' from Malibu because x-plan dropped the price?

We're the ones who put down a deposit saying we have an earnest interest in purchasing a $30-60,000 car, sight-unseen, and are the ones drumming up the excitement. When Joe down the street sees a news article saying "Highly Anticipated Bronco Exceeds 150,000 Reservations", it's our reservations that helped created that headline, generating even more interest and getting more people to say "hey I should check that thing out".

And then we're told "you can't use that benefit the way it's intended".

---

My dealer won't charge above MSRP but likely won't discount MSRP either. Going to see if they can at least cut me a good deal on replacing the stock OBX tires before I start looking at moving my reservation.
What makes the X plan situation even worse is they kept plan pricing for themselves but not the customer. They should keep it for all or nobody.
Sponsored

OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

41st vehicle!!???
Are you a car dealer?
Or are you 500 years old?
I’m 40 and have owned 2 vehicles. Have been married for 10 years and my wife has owned 2 since then.
How do you get to 41?

just curious really. Seems like several cars per year.
both of you are at the extreme ends of the scale. I'm 50 and am on my 14th vehicle - I've had some cars that I've kept as long as 7 years, others that I got rid of within a month (actually, that was a Jeep of all things) .. .

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
to some cars are a drug to others cars is a tool that is used until it breaks and when it breaks you buy another tool.

41st vehicle!!???
Are you a car dealer?
I’m 40 and have owned 2 vehicles. Have been married for 10 years and my wife has owned 2 since then.
How do you get to 41?

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

41st vehicle!!???
Are you a car dealer?
How do you get to 41?

How do you feel about my just at 200 starting at 14 years of age now 59? ?

had 4 by 16 years old...wrecked 2...?

Being in the business has not helped the addiction...:cool:

Bought 6 in one day from one guy, trailer park (2 Firebirds and 3 T/A's imagine that):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Gladiator only lasted 4 months, just did not like it...

I just cannot get use to the same seat for long, Zach has seen my habit first hand...?

I do not recommend it to the faint of heart, the money you lose will make you sick if you think about it...

I need sleep now that I am thinking about it...:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Sponsored
OP
OP
calgecko

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update.... fingers crossed... . not gonna hold my breath, but his response to my Twitter conversation gives me some hope.
Ford Bronco X-plan. Jim Farley is listening, at least Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.53.30 PM

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
?? Hi, sorry to intrude here on xplan (though, I want it too), but can he also listen to the
Bronco Base needs the tow package like the other trims.

:unsure: Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the (Base) Ranger XL have a tow package option.

? Why is it listed ... sway control, a standard feature for the Base trim and we get no option for tow package.

? What swaying are we controlling back there on the Base trim with no tow optionâť”

:cool:(y) Why can't the Bronco Base trim (or pretty much the Bronco model line) also have the tow packageâť”

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dealers have the option participate or not in the X-Plan, they could of just said no. There are some greedy mofo's out there.
If the big dealerships just say no, then they put themselves at a disadvantage to the smaller dealerships. Why bother getting your Bronco from the guy who won't sell it at a lower price? It's better for the big dealerships to not have X-plan available at all, than to have it and not accept it.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is how my dealer replied when I asked him about X-plan

My email to him

Now that Ford is saying Bronco is not eligible for X-plan, is MSRP the best you can do for pricing? There are dealers out there still offering X-plan pricing if you provide a PIN and others offering below invoice with no ADM or dealer add-ons and limiting document fees, etc

His response

Yes, you are correct that Ford announced that they will not honor
XPlan pricing. That being said I did let you what our pricing is
going to be if XPlan pricing was or wasn't available. I understand if
you want to move your reservation but from what dealer council
meetings I have been in these dealers could face repercussions for
saying they would honor plan pricing that is not available on the
Bronco such as lost allocations. Thank you.
My dealer told me X-plan was available, and they would accept it. When news broke it was no linger available, I asked if they would work with me on the price, so that it would be close to what X-plan would have been. They said Ford was not allowing anything but MSRP, because "specialty vehicle." I laughed about that nonsense. It took me a good fifteen minutes talking with the manager, before he finally admitted that it was the dealership's choice to not negotiate and only sell at MSRP. He and the internet sales person lied to me several times about allocations and the reservation system (if I move my reservation, I go to the back of the line, etc). I called them out on every lie. I have a twenty year relationship with this dealership. I have bought, among other vehicles, a 2002 F250 KR, a 2012 F150 Platinum, and a 2018 F150 KR. They were more than willing to lose me as a customer over ~$1000, so I have no problem moving my business somewhere else. The awesome thing about the internet is that every dealership is a competitor to my local dealership, and COVID-19 has taught everybody that remote sales of vehicles is easy.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Update.... fingers crossed... . not gonna hold my breath, but his response to my Twitter conversation gives me some hope.
Ford Bronco X-plan. Jim Farley is listening, at least Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 10.53.30 PM
I wonder if he is talking about delineation of the X-Plan? Maybe they will consider that for those of us that are eligible for X-Plan through our employers, the "Partner Companies and Suppliers", we would continue to be eligible for X-Plan on the 2021 Bronco, lets call it the X1 plan.

For those that get X-Plan through one of the many eligible Associations, such as MCA, those people would not eligible for X-Plan on the 2021 Bronco, lets call it the X2 plan.

Sponsored

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder if he is talking about delineation of the X-Plan? Maybe they will consider that for those of us that are eligible for X-Plan through our employers, the "Partner Companies and Suppliers", we would continue to be eligible for X-Plan on the 2021 Bronco, lets call it the X1 plan.

For those that get X-Plan through one of the many eligible Associations, such as MCA, those people would not eligible for X-Plan on the 2021 Bronco, lets call it the X2 plan.
Soon enough meaning when Broncos are on the lot for sale ...

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wouldn't that open them up to lawsuits though? You know, America... King of the lawsuits. ? I really hate all these bogus suits as it is.. But doesn't that say why with this xplan but not with other xplan?

Anyways, back to OP's post.. Getting there soon could also mean next MY. I wouldn't put too much into them listening on this. On a side note though, since B&P we've had a few dealers say invoice.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I think it is separated anyway administratively, as the memo that went to dealers said the vehicle is not eligible for “X-Plan or X-Plan partner” do two separate programs, even if the historically give access to both equally. The regular X-Plan is more just marketing, as it makes people think they are getting a good deal, when in reaiity on a stock vehicle you could walk in and do better. That’s why dealers like X-Plan on vehicle other than higher than normal demand trucks like Bronco.

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ve gotten over the x-plan nonsense. If I can’t afford this vehicle without the xplan discount I shouldn’t be buying this to begin with. I do agree it’s shitty that we were told it was eligible and now it’s not, and wish I could use my xplan. But, my current biggest grief is the interior options. I’m sold on a Wildtrak and love the A51 accent trims and the hood graphic, but hate the interior and the mix matched black and grey gloss/matte/satin colored grill/flares/roof/bumpers. That’s the larger issue to me. A tan dash is a reflective nightmare. How about just black leather or that cool brown saddle leather. Options. That’s what I want. Options.

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the big dealerships just say no, then they put themselves at a disadvantage to the smaller dealerships. Why bother getting your Bronco from the guy who won't sell it at a lower price? It's better for the big dealerships to not have X-plan available at all, than to have it and not accept it.
That is my exact point. Why accept AZ&D plans then?
Sponsored