Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

http://chng.it/M5s5jYnxDR

Let your voice be heard! Click the link to sign this petition to reverse the X-plan decision.
Sponsored

dougiefresh

Outer Banks
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get a massive response...it may reinforce Ford's decision here. If X-Plan had been normal here with a small percentage using it, then it likely flies. The massive sign ups for Pins through non-suppliers like MCA pushed Ford to nip it in the bud, as the percentage using it would have been way higher than a normal ratio on other vehicles, and Ford saw that coming. The petition should be for Ford to eliminate giving the program out to everyone, and actually limit it to suppliers to put value back into the program.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you get a massive response...it may reinforce Ford's decision here. If X-Plan had been normal here with a small percentage using it, then it likely flies. The massive sign ups for Pins through non-suppliers like MCA pushed Ford to nip it in the bud, as the percentage using it would have been way higher than a normal ratio on other vehicles, and Ford saw that coming. The petition should be for Ford to eliminate giving the program out to everyone, and actually limit it to suppliers to put value back into the program.
I don't see how potential business lost would reinforce their behavior, but please expand on your thinking because I am open to your line of thought.

For me it's the fact the we get told one thing and then they backtrack. Our reservation T&C's said we could switch dealers at order. Then they said only one switch. Things like that.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ask yourself why FoMoCo cares? They don't get impacted by x-plan, dealers on the back end are because they can't drive up pricing above a set price. That's who drove this. Why would Ford care, this wouldn't impact their sales to the dealer at all and the set price dealers pay. Scum dealers have the mindset this is their vehicle and they'll do with it as they please. Those are the entitled asshats everyone should be pissed at.

OP
OP
RednWhite89

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask yourself why FoMoCo cares? They don't get impacted by x-plan, dealers on the back end are because they can't drive up pricing above a set price. That's who drove this. Why would Ford care, this wouldn't impact their sales to the dealer at all and the set price dealers pay. Scum dealers have the mindset this is their vehicle and they'll do with it as they please. Those are the entitled asshats everyone should be pissed at.
To be fair, I believe Ford gives a kickback to the dealer (could be wrong) so it may impact them directly. BUT... It really allows terrible dealerships free reign on ripping off blue oval loyalists.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be fair, I believe Ford gives a kickback to the dealer (could be wrong) so it may impact them directly. BUT... It really allows terrible dealerships free reign on ripping off blue oval loyalists.
I think they call that holdback, if I've learned anything the last 4 months.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't see how potential business lost would reinforce their behavior, but please expand on your thinking because I am open to your line of thought.

For me it's the fact the we get told one thing and then they backtrack. Our reservation T&C's said we could switch dealers at order. Then they said only one switch. Things like that.
I am with you there. Ford has been awful in their backing off of commitments and changes that hurt the consumer. The backing off the reservation order process is inexcusable to me. That said, I think they look at demand here and think they won't lose a dime with this. They'll sell every one they can make.

They do care about price erosion and value of the vehicle. They do care about average sales price to the consumer, and want to keep it high. I know for a fact (from inside Ford higher levels) that this one was driven from the top. I know for a fact that the massive influx of members to MCA and pins generated was a factor.

Sponsored

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They do care about price erosion and value of the vehicle. They do care about average sales price to the consumer, and want to keep it high. I know for a fact (from inside Ford higher levels) that this one was driven from the top. I know for a fact that the massive influx of members to MCA and pins generated was a factor.
So... squawking dealers had zero impact?
giphy.gif

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So... squawking dealers had zero impact?
Ford Bronco X-plan Petition on Change.org giphy
I didn't say that wasn't a factor. I know for a fact dealers drove the decision to change the reservation process to the formula, rather than going by reservation order. It makes sense they had an impact here too. I just don't know all the factors other than that the MCA/large sign ups and interest in X-Plan was a consideration by Ford.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't say that wasn't a factor. I know for a fact dealers drove the decision to change the reservation process to the formula, rather than going by reservation order. It makes sense they had an impact here too. I just don't know all the factors other than that the MCA/large sign ups and interest in X-Plan was a consideration by Ford.
Well, your post stated it was simply from the top. I just didn't think a bunch of suits in the penthouse drove this, but it makes sense, if some squawking dealers have a few of their ears, that they would then care.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, your post stated it was simply from the top. I just didn't think a bunch of suits in the penthouse drove this, but it makes sense if some squawking dealers have a few of their ears that they would then care.
It was a CEO decision. That is a fact that I know. By top, I meant CEO if it wasn't clear.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It was a CEO decision. That is a fact that I know. By top, I meant CEO if it wasn't clear.
Even worse... a CEO influenced by some greased up used car salemen type dealerships is no way to run a company, but it appears they've chosen their path. CEO's shouldn't bow down to squawking from dealerships. Have some damn backbone for goodness sakes. Sweet jesus, this is actually worse in my mind. LOL
Sponsored