james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When do you have to have your X-plan PIN? Trying to decide to buy 100 shares of F (6 months) or join mustang club (2 months).
Sponsored

ericmario

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No you need to present the PIN at time of order since that's when you negotiate the price/payment options etc.

OP
OP

AustinRunner

Base
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks - the forum suggested a thread that had the answer right after I posted. I thought I did a good job of searching - NOT.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So for the MCA route you pay $25 (Associate member per MCA gets xplan) and have to wait 2 months to get Xplan access? Why would anyone buy stock for MUCH more AND have to wait longer? Am I missing something?

JK

Sponsored

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So for the MCA route you pay $25 (Associate member per MCA gets xplan) and have to wait 2 months to get Xplan access? Why would anyone buy stock for MUCH more AND have to wait longer? Am I missing something?

JK
Some folks have suggested owning Ford stock will net them profit down the road because Bronco will help push the stock price higher. Some have said it's good to show their support Ford. All that may be true.

But there's no way to know for sure what will happen in the markets even if Bronco performs well for Ford. Viruses, elections, international incidents, etc. all have a way of suddenly tweaking the markets in unpredictable directions. I guess you could commit to hold the stock long, which reduces your cap gains tax as well. But there are usually brokerage fees higher than $25. So I tend to agree, the MCA is the least amount and effort ventured with the least amount of risk attached and the fastest result time.

OP
OP

AustinRunner

Base
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just seeing it as an investment. If you buy it in an IRA there are no taxes (none for ROTH and deferred for traditional) and most brokers no longer charge a transaction fee. Basically you have up side (and downside) for $700ish and you get a PIN every year.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just seeing it as an investment. If you buy it in an IRA there are no taxes (none for ROTH and deferred for traditional) and most brokers no longer charge a transaction fee. Basically you have up side (and downside) for $700ish and you get a PIN every year.
Yeah, long term is the smartest, IMO.

C_Copperpot225

Badlands
First Name
Chester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought 175 shares in my roth back in March knowing that the new F-150 and the Bronco were coming out this year. Price was $5.01 at the time that I purchased and I think that was down from somewhere near $10 per share just a year before. I had never heard of x-plan until joining this forum, so I was excited to see that I might qualify. I think the stock price still has some room to grow as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP

AustinRunner

Base
First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I invest $XXX amount every month in a ROTH retirement fund - I just thought that one month I would set a side some for 100 shares instead of throwing all of it in an index fund. Sure, I could lose it all but I know $25 towards mustang club provides me no value.

But to circle back - only need the PIN for delivery - easily 6 months away.

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I invest $XXX amount every month in a ROTH retirement fund - I just thought that one month I would set a side some for 100 shares instead of throwing all of it in an index fund. Sure, I could lose it all but I know $25 towards mustang club provides me no value.

But to circle back - only need the PIN for delivery - easily 6 months away.
Sure, this makes sense if you've already bought, nearer the recent lows. Well played. For most people, $25 in the MCA is easier and a low-cost play. Glad to know some people still believe in saving for retirement :cool:

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've owned stock in Ford for a few years now and I know it's not worth very much but it has been paying good dividends. My dealer said to have a pin number when I come in to order in December, if I didn't have one they could get it for me

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This seems to be a VERY gray area.
From what I have read, and from the dealer I have spoken with, you only truly need it when you are in a finance office handling payment at the very end at the time of delivery. The dealer is not going to stop you from ordering it in December, whether you have a PIN then or not, because they will be happy to take it off your hands at delivery and put on their lot above MSRP. My local dealer has already dared me (in an email) to walk away because he says he has a "long list" of people waiting to buy my Bronco off their lot if I back out.

It takes 2 months to get a PIN through the MCA at $25, and 6 months to get a PIN through ownership off 100 shares of Ford stock at ~7/share (today's closing price). Plenty of time either way. Options are good.
Sponsored