First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard top people, get something for the top front corners of the a pillars. When you are putting the front panels back on, it's easy to hit that area and scratch it.
Sponsored

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try buying for a bulk install and the cost is about $1,500. It is also the best way to do the install on the Bronco.

I wouldn't ride in anything *I* wrapped . . . :ROFLMAO:

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not all that familiar with these products. Would this product have any impact on cleaning or dirt showing? Easier to clean? Harder? Will dirt show more or less or no difference?

Bert20000

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to give people a heads up the DIY kits do not wrap around the edges and thus you will have dirt/grime build-up unless you call them and tell them to extend the edges by 1/4" or so. Also if your not a verifiable detail\Wrap business XPEL don't provide tips or tech support for us DIY. My advice is save a $1,000 if doing a full PPF Wrap and buy bulk. Meaning measure the pieces out and order a sheet large enough to cover that area. For instance the hood is 60in width and 4' length and costs $255. I am not sure how the body contours may affect the measurement yet, but in the next few weeks I will be able to provide my own experience with XPEL PPF. Watch a lot of YouTube PPF install videos.
This is my plan as well. Plan to order bulk material the week my bronco is being built, starting with hood, roll bar and doors. Then order more for the rest.

I used the work here to estimate the amount of material for the sides. Ford Bronco Cargo Space Calculation with Rear Seats Folded Down | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

Sponsored

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What and where did you order the screen?
Order from XPEL, your going to go to the precut section and then go through a select your vehicle and trim and then you should have full access to all the precut pieces of PPF they have for the selected vehicle including interior pieces like Synch 4 screens. These pieces are extremely affordable including the headlights and I will order the precut for these small pieces. All large painted surfaces though, buy the size in bulk for better pricing and fitment. https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...-Trucks/2021/Ford/Bronco/4-Door/First-Edition

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for posting! Looks like free shipping on all orders too. Just ordered a 12" screen kit for $20 while I sort out my PPF plans
Is this just a clear screen protector of does is make the screen a matted finish to kill glare? Let us know when you get yours please, very interested in this... Thanks

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A couple of questions on this topic…I know some of this has been dressed sporadically elsewhere but I’d love to see some recommendations for these issues.

Has anybody done any kind of a windshield film or protector to cut down on rock damage? Does EXOshield work? How much is that?

also, I’m planning on applying PPF to the hood, a pillars, crossbar above the windshield, rocker panels, and wear and tear areas… I’d also like to do the headlights. Will PPF or something similar be able to be applied to the grill? I have a Badlands if that matters.

what is the best option for protecting the side mirrors from impact, bug staining, etc.?

and finally, what would people recommend for interior protectant for the plastic surfaces and seats and what would people recommend for protectant on the soft top?

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice to see all the pricing on this, makes me even more irritated at the install quote I got for the stealth film... looks like ~$3500 for the pre-cut pieces which means they wanted $6000 for installation :mad:

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice to see all the pricing on this, makes me even more irritated at the install quote I got for the stealth film... looks like ~$3500 for the pre-cut pieces which means they wanted $6000 for installation :mad:
Was it $6000 for the install and film? If so I would hope they covered the whole vehicle and wrapped the edges. If it was $9500 then that’s insane. Most of those precut kits will take it close to the edge but not over the edge. I’m sure these jobs aren’t done in a single day unless they have a few people working on them.

Sponsored

Meandeane

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4 Door Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was it $6000 for the install and film? If so I would hope they covered the whole vehicle and wrapped the edges. If it was $9500 then that’s insane. Most of those precut kits will take it close to the edge but not over the edge. I’m sure these jobs aren’t done in a single day unless they have a few people working on them.
Total quote was $9500 from the authorized installer here in Austin... I agree, insane.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Total quote was $9500 from the authorized installer here in Austin... I agree, insane.
I fall firmly into the category of "no paint protection film should cost more than a complete respray from a reputable paint-shop", and it definitely should not cost the price of 2 resprays.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
These things are expensive! to spend $5000 to protect the paint on a $40k or $50k car is crazy!
dumb that $5000 on cryptocurrencies, by the time your paint wears out, you should have enough money to replace the whole Bronco with a new one, a new fleet if you were lucky enough!

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am still in the "quick detailer every spec" phase with my 4 week old Bronco and based on that experience, the front edge of the hood and grille, the windshield, and the mirrors are the most susceptible to bugs. Nothing like stating the obvious. :)
I still believe that the factory ppf is the best $295 I have spent. I would like to add the windshield frame and the mirrors at this point. I plan to call Xpel and see if I can just pick up the mirrors and windshield.
I did the $25 roll bar kit and it was not that difficult. Naturally it is hidden most of the time so the risk to reward was very favorable. I would probably get someone who knows what they are doing to do the other sections.
Sponsored