JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
...and finally, what would people recommend for interior protectant for the plastic surfaces and seats and what would people recommend for protectant on the soft top?
A lot of folks are high on 303 protectant. Based on my research, I have purchased RaggTopp for my soft top cleaner and protectant. It is recommended by Haartz, the leading manufacturer convertible tops. I think that either one will do you well.
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

colotex

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lexus RC350 F Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of folks are high on 303 protectant. Based on my research, I have purchased RaggTopp for my soft top cleaner and protectant. It is recommended by Haartz, the leading manufacturer convertible tops. I think that either one will do you well.
Thanks!

wyobronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond 2 DR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

AZBronco73

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands SAS, 2015 Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am still in the "quick detailer every spec" phase with my 4 week old Bronco and based on that experience, the front edge of the hood and grille, the windshield, and the mirrors are the most susceptible to bugs. Nothing like stating the obvious. :)
I still believe that the factory ppf is the best $295 I have spent. I would like to add the windshield frame and the mirrors at this point. I plan to call Xpel and see if I can just pick up the mirrors and windshield.
I did the $25 roll bar kit and it was not that difficult. Naturally it is hidden most of the time so the risk to reward was very favorable. I would probably get someone who knows what they are doing to do the other sections.
Amen on getting the Ford PPF. I did. I have a four-plus hour drive from Granger to Kane County, so there will be some protection for the ride home. Later, I would like to get more areas of the Bronco wrapped, like the headlights, door sills and roll bar!

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Spending $6k or whatever it costs to PPF a Bronco is only worth it if the lack of rock chips on your PPFd Bronco cause it to be worth >$6k more than had it not been PPfd when you go to sell it. If you never sell it, the PPF will get damaged and eventually need to be replaced so that’s another $6k+. It’s also no guarantee that you won’t get any dings or scratches. You can’t even remove it and sell it like other mods and recoup some of your money.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

total rip off. basically $750 for one side of the bronco. umm ya NO! I'm sure 3M or another company will come out with a less expensive option.

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have added PPF to 3 cars prior to the Bronco and there is no way I would wrap the entire car. That is why it is $5K. Everyone should save some money and only wrap the areas that need it most. In my experience, that would first be the front grill area, then the mirrors, then the hood (have to decide between full or half hood ), then front fenders and finally, if you going off-roading and have larger tires, the lower portion of the sides. If seeing a faint line bothers you then do the full hood (I have done it both ways and didn't like seeing the line so paid more money for full hood on next car). But I would never, and I mean never cover the back or top of the car.

The most I have paid for the full front protection is $1,500, including install, which is what I am quoted for Bronco as well. For another $350, they will add xpel to lower portions of the sides (which I will likely add). So yes, that gets it closer to $1,900. Whatever you do, make sure you select someone with a lot of experience (aka highly recommended). If not, you may end up with silvering (stretch marks that are visible), air bubbles, and even dirt trapped underneath. Believe me, I learned the hard way concerning that.

Personally, this isn't something I would even attempt to do unless it was for a small area like mirrors. Full hood, forget about it. I would leave that to the experts or be ready for a ton of aggravation.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wish they had a kit for the rear of the roll cage where the soft top can rub while opening / closing.

SPS4

First Edition
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m getting xpel professionally installed on my 4 door. All surfaces except tailgate. $3900. Worth it to me. No way I’m taking time to do this myself, and I would 100% fuck it up.
Sponsored