First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It cost me $4500 for my four door Bronco to have XPEL PPF installed on everything but my bumpers and hard top roof. I had it done at Wild Wrapz and they do fantastic work.

https://www.wildwrapz.com/
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Spending $6k or whatever it costs to PPF a Bronco is only worth it if the lack of rock chips on your PPFd Bronco cause it to be worth >$6k more than had it not been PPfd when you go to sell it. If you never sell it, the PPF will get damaged and eventually need to be replaced so that’s another $6k+. It’s also no guarantee that you won’t get any dings or scratches. You can’t even remove it and sell it like other mods and recoup some of your money.
At some point you have to look at reasonable cost, the Bronco has all the external panels removeable which can be replaced and/or easier to paint. I was originally going to go full wrap, but now most likely I will just do doors / top bar.

De Brus

First Edition
First Name
De Brus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 HD 1200, '66 IH, '62 VW
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Total quote was $9500 from the authorized installer here in Austin... I agree, insane.
That is overpriced, but you’re comparing 2 different things. Stealth is a different film from the clear ppf, and the wrap installer buys in bulk rolls and cuts it themselves. These precut pieces don’t have enough material to roll over the panel edges like a professional installer would do. A reasonable price for stealth install would be 3500-5500 depending on location and complexity of install options. I’ve gotten a quote for 4k with max stealth coverage here in Washington.

mj21_OBBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice to see all the pricing on this, makes me even more irritated at the install quote I got for the stealth film... looks like ~$3500 for the pre-cut pieces which means they wanted $6000 for installation :mad:
I also got a quote to do a full install. $4,500 but at least it included the film and labor to install.

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At some point you have to look at reasonable cost, the Bronco has all the external panels removeable which can be replaced and/or easier to paint. I was originally going to go full wrap, but now most likely I will just do doors / top bar.
Gotta do the crossbar between the a-pillars at the top of the windshield. In my first week and 500 miles in, it had the biggest chip than anywhere else. I'm getting full Stealth done this week.

Sponsored

sasquatchrox

Badlands
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, Audi Allroad, Bronco-II (past)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great discussions, thx! I'm taking a hybrid approach with some xpel PPF on area's recommended by a good friend of my who fully wraps his museum piece BMW's ;-). He recommends and I agree with lower rockers, A-Pillars/across windshield and head-lights. He also recommends the hood edge but I've gone hybrid with the heavy duty Ford Trail Armor accessories. I also got and installed for the LH/RH fenders.

Some people may not like the extra plastic cladding look, but I like it and it's more rugged than the PPF.

https://accessories.ford.com/products/bronco-2021-front-corners-exterior-trim-trail-armor-1

https://accessories.ford.com/produc...-ii-black-textured-trail-armor-hood-deflector

Install is all 3M auto adhesive and you need to ensure the temp is 60F or above.....in Michigan, just got it done prior to the downfall in temp to Winter ;-).

Ford Bronco XPEL PPF film pre-cut kits now available for 2-door and 4-door Bronco Photo_6554327_DJI_727_jpg_4378114_0_20211031125716_photo_original

Sikinboat

First Edition
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m getting everything but tailgate done for $2500 from reputable shop in Kansas City area. Didn’t PPF my raptor and hated seeing all the scratches from branches

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here. I took one quick scroll through and kept on going. I'll probably get the screen protector though.
I thought the same thing too. Make the factory PPF look cheap by comparison. I am pretty sure the Ford material is not as good as this but still, for it to be intalled vs DIY, look like the Ford option is a much cheaper way to go.

I will get the headlights and touchscreen ones from XPEL though as they are pretty inexpensive.

theserg

Big Bend
First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I thought the same thing too. Make the factory PPF look cheap by comparison. I am pretty sure the Ford material is not as good as this but still, for it to be intalled vs DIY, look like the Ford option is a much cheaper way to go.

I will get the headlights and touchscreen ones from XPEL though as they are pretty inexpensive.
Do they offer headlights?

Sponsored

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mybbackpacker

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 FJ cruiser (just sold), 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try buying for a bulk install and the cost is about $1,500. It is also the best way to do the install on the Bronco.
Good call. I mainly care about the sides as thst us what tends to get scratched. I am thinking of doing it myself.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The IAG roll bar PPF kit is on sale right now. ($22.49 for a set and free shipping) I did it a few weeks ago and it was a breeze. Highly recommend for anyone with a soft top to provide that extra protection from the top mechanism potentially scratching.

I just got my Element E50 fire extinguisher with magnetic mounts and plan to put some ppf on the side of the roll bar to keep the magnets from potentially scratching the paint. Element | E50 – Element Fire Extinguishers

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Order from XPEL, your going to go to the precut section and then go through a select your vehicle and trim and then you should have full access to all the precut pieces of PPF they have for the selected vehicle including interior pieces like Synch 4 screens. These pieces are extremely affordable including the headlights and I will order the precut for these small pieces. All large painted surfaces though, buy the size in bulk for better pricing and fitment. https://www.xpel.com/paint-protecti...-Trucks/2021/Ford/Bronco/4-Door/First-Edition
Hey, I can't find the PPF for the headlights, 8" screen, or even the door cups! I have the Signature light and I want to try to keep them pristine!!

Defyfate11

First Edition
First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hey, I can't find the PPF for the headlights, 8" screen, or even the door cups! I have the Signature light and I want to try to keep them pristine!!
Click on Shop and then select vehicle kits, which will populate the vehicle description drop boxes. Be sure to indicate how many doors and the trim so that you get the right pieces. The Headlight kit was a good experience learning how to apply PPF for the first time. I learned after my first one to remove the front grill so that you can wrap the PPF easier around the corners. Also lining up the centerpiece you got to look at the slits in the PPF as lines and have it look straight as an arrow.
Sponsored