Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious how cleaning this will go. Or how long it maintains before starting to gloss up.

There are some very large downsides to having matte or even semi-gloss clear coats as you've got a moving target that is deteriorating with every touch. And the matte clears tend to do it in horrific fashion.

That is not to say it doesn't look cool, just that maintenance on matte surfaces is generally better for trailer queens and exotics than something that theoretically gets out away from Bell Square.
Way to bring the party down, Rick! :(😜
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In the name of science I'll gladly donate my rapid red bronco just to see what it looks like

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Not sure how long it'll last, but I think Xpel have a 10yrs warranty which covers parts & labors.
Having read a few of the actual reviews (meaning: not from Tesla owners, installers threads or heavily promoted by vendors/retailers associated to the business), you're certainly not looking at 10 years of life.

That being said, and assuming you now go out and buy their branded specialty chemicals for working with matte film and best practice is to go put a $2,000 ceramic coating on your non-permanent surface covering, you won't have glossing issues!

Their wareanty disclaimer is pretty awesome! Pretty much you have the material covered during install and immediately afterward. But ultimately the "stealth" aspect of their stealth wrap has no real-world warranty of any kind. It will all be on your install shop and how much they made on you the first time to eat any costs if they want to do any repair work on your rig. This assumes the shop can prove it used XPEL chemicals during install, otherwise you don't actually have a warranty at all.

• 7. Damage to the wrapped surface due to improper wash techniques, automatic car washes or incorrect wash tools that may cause abrasion or by third parties not authorized by the Company;
  • 13. Use of non-XPEL approved chemicals prior to, during or after installation on the Company's Products. The Company's approved chemical list is as follows: XPEL Ceramic Boost, XPEL Detail Spray, XPEL Iron Remover, XPEL Water Spot Remover, XPEL PPF Sealant, XPEL Rinse Free Car Wash, XPEL PPF Cleaner, XPEL FUSION PLUS Paint & PPF Ceramic Coating. If your chemical is not listed, it has not been recommended for use prior to, during or after installation on the Company's Products.
Source: https://www.xpel.com/warranty-information

I'm genuinely surprised there aren't glossing issues with the film. Of course that could be due to its 5 year lifespan compared to an actually painted surface where you would keep the vehicle longer, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for Xpel stealth.

Keep us updated with how much the extra gear ends up being for maintenance and a longer term reviews!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Way to bring the party down, Rick! :(😜
Sorry, it got worse. I actually read the warranty and posted above.

There's a difference between being a Debbie downer, and having been screwed over by companies enough before to give viable and prudent caution to others.

That being said, 99.9% of the time somebody who just spent a lot on a car mod only wants to hear great things and little birdies singing while petting fluffy puppy dogs and pussy cats. Full-life ownership of vehicles is difficult and companies these days work their "warranty" to essentially be up to the moment you take delivery, not a second further.... as in Xpel Stealth's case.

FWIW, an old buddy going back 20 years owns his own tint/ppf/ceramic coating shop and had good things to say about stealth wraps! Better than I thought I would hear.....

They are also a MASSIVE profit center for him, the wraps tend to be in the $3-6K range, and a month later he gets them back in for a $1.5-3K ceramic coating job. Sooooo the product is awesome, but they aren't cheap/easy/care-free like a regular gloss PPF.

Last edited:
OP
OP
chobit

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One of our canuck members did his for 4500 CND .... dude you should have crossed the border, lol
I've heard it's cheaper up north, but I don't think I can missed 5 days of work with vacation LOL.
Having read a few of the actual reviews (meaning: not from Tesla owners, installers threads or heavily promoted by vendors/retailers associated to the business), you're certainly not looking at 10 years of life.

That being said, and assuming you now go out and buy their branded specialty chemicals for working with matte film and best practice is to go put a $2,000 ceramic coating on your non-permanent surface covering, you won't have glossing issues!

Their wareanty disclaimer is pretty awesome! Pretty much you have the material covered during install and immediately afterward. But ultimately the "stealth" aspect of their stealth wrap has no real-world warranty of any kind. It will all be on your install shop and how much they made on you the first time to eat any costs if they want to do any repair work on your rig. This assumes the shop can prove it used XPEL chemicals during install, otherwise you don't actually have a warranty at all.

• 7. Damage to the wrapped surface due to improper wash techniques, automatic car washes or incorrect wash tools that may cause abrasion or by third parties not authorized by the Company;
  • 13. Use of non-XPEL approved chemicals prior to, during or after installation on the Company's Products. The Company's approved chemical list is as follows: XPEL Ceramic Boost, XPEL Detail Spray, XPEL Iron Remover, XPEL Water Spot Remover, XPEL PPF Sealant, XPEL Rinse Free Car Wash, XPEL PPF Cleaner, XPEL FUSION PLUS Paint & PPF Ceramic Coating. If your chemical is not listed, it has not been recommended for use prior to, during or after installation on the Company's Products.
Source: https://www.xpel.com/warranty-information

I'm genuinely surprised there aren't glossing issues with the film. Of course that could be due to its 5 year lifespan compared to an actually painted surface where you would keep the vehicle longer, but that doesn't seem to be an issue for Xpel stealth.

Keep us updated with how much the extra gear ends up being for maintenance and a longer term reviews!
Thanks, that's good info. Most of my previous cars have been done Xpel Ceramic for around $1K and maintenance with those has been easy. If it turns out the wrap isn't easy to keep up from dirts, I'll probably get Ceramic done on it as well.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've heard it's cheaper up north, but I don't think I can missed 5 days of work with vacation LOL.

Thanks, that's good info. Most of my previous cars have been done Xpel Ceramic for around $1K and maintenance with those has been easy. If it turns out the wrap isn't easy to keep up from dirts, I'll probably get Ceramic done on it as well.
Based on what's been posted about it, turning to a coating now might behoove you. Gotta pay to play!

OP
OP
chobit

chobit

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper SE, MIata ND2 GT, Bronco Badland SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Based on what's been posted about it, turning to a coating now might behoove you. Gotta pay to play!
Maybe... I still have to think about it. The longest I have kept a car was my 2000 WJ (6 yrs), the shortest was my 2016 M235i xDrive (1 yr)

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

How does the warranty work? I recently got a TREX installled on my deck by a TREX Certified Installer. After they were done, they registered my install with TREX and TREX sent me a ”25yr Guarantee Certificate”. If I have any issues, I can contact any TREXs local Certified Installers for a fix. Is it the same for XPEL? I worry that the warranty will out last the installer.

Sponsored

MisterOneTwo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes AMG C43
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the detailed photos buddy, it looks great!

GotWake

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If it turns out this is easy to take care of I’m doing it. If not, I’ll go go the ultimate route.

BDSteelies

Black Diamond
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door Velocity Blue BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks really, really good. Like almost too good. Especially love how the VB character still shines through.

So good that I would probably obsess over every little water spec or bird poo way too much… I think in the sun on an average day after a week since I’ve had a car wash in LA, I’ll be glad to still have the gloss to make it still shine.

Enjoy it OP!!

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

that looks great!
Sponsored