Sponsored

Xplan is not cancelled at Kearny Mesa Ford *NOT AVAILABLE TO NEW TRANSFERS ANYMORE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey All!

I think it's safe to say most of us are disappointed in the news today. I'm sure there are many dealers who are actually pleased with the news, but I'm not one of them. I have been promising Xplan pricing to everybody for months and Ford's latest announcement made me feel foolish. Well too bad Mike Levine, we at Kearny Mesa Ford are still going to stand by our commitments despite your policy change.

Anybody who orders their Bronco from us and has a valid Xplan PIN at time of delivery will still be honored with their due discount.

How? We will use similarly priced Fords that do have Xplan to figure out what the discount should have been. It's rough and dirty and won't be exact, but it's much better than nothing. We as a dealership won't be reimbursed by Ford for these discounts anymore, but that's no longer the point of this.

**EDIT** Ford has an equation to calculate the Xplan price based on the invoice. We'll be using this to calculate the exact discount. **

If you are interested in taking me up on this, please email me before you make the switch. I should note, this will ONLY apply to your individual special order and will not be offered on any other dealer stock Broncos. Non-expired Xplan PIN in your name is still required.

Respectfully,

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
[email protected]
Sponsored

Last edited:

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey All!

I think it's safe to say most of us are disappointed in the news today. I'm sure there are many dealers who are actually pleased with the news, but I'm not one of them. I have been promising Xplan pricing to everybody for months and Ford's latest announcement made me feel foolish. Well too bad Mike Levine, we at Kearny Mesa Ford are still going to stand by our commitments despite your policy change.

Anybody who orders their Bronco from us and has a valid Xplan PIN at time of delivery will still be honored with their due discount.

How? We will use similarly priced Fords that do have Xplan to figure out what the discount should have been. It's rough and dirty and won't be exact, but it's much better than nothing. We as a dealership won't be reimbursed by Ford for these discounts anymore, but that's no longer the point of this.

If you are interested in taking me up on this, please email me before you make the switch. I should note, this will ONLY apply to your individual special order and will not be offered on any other dealer stock Broncos. Non-expired Xplan PIN in your name is still required.

Respectfully,

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
[email protected]

Well played. We, as the consumer, will determine the price of our trucks!! Supply, yes, mandates demand. But by moving to those dealerships that "get it", we will control pricing to some degree.

Chris

bronco38

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee KL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Eric!

Can you explain the quote below in more detail? From my understanding X plan = Dealer Invoice - (0.4% Dealer Invoice) + $275 administrative fee

Why not just use the Invoice Price of the Bronco itself why a similar vehicle?

...similarly priced Fords that do have Xplan to figure out what the discount should have been

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks Eric!

Can you explain the quote below in more detail? From my understanding X plan = Dealer Invoice - (0.4% Dealer Invoice) + $275 administrative fee

Why not just use the Invoice Price of the Bronco itself why a similar vehicle?
Honest answer, because I haven't looked up the math like you have. If I can find that as a reliable equation from Ford somewhere then hell yeah that's how we'll do it. I'll look into it tomorrow thanks for the suggestion.

Sponsored

Mdemieville

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Lincoln MKZ hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I'm making a trip down south. Whats the easiest way to get from the airport to the dealership? If I rent a car from the airport can it be dropped off at the dealership? Thanks Eric for doing this for us. I will be in contact this week to transfer my reservation.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I'm making a trip down south. Whats the easiest way to get from the airport to the dealership? If I rent a car from the airport can it be dropped off at the dealership? Thanks Eric for doing this for us. I will be in contact this week to transfer my reservation.
I’ll pick you up in my Bronco that I got from Kearny Mesa Ford ?

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All!

Respectfully,

Eric Bunch
Internet Director
Kearny Mesa Ford
858-560-5544 ext 1013
[email protected]
Very honorable to stick to your word regardless of what Ford says. If only every dealer played by these rules..

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
KM Ford is about 15 minutes from the airport. Easy Uber ride and your there.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is very thoughtful. Does that still include only the $275 admin fee and doc fees capped out at $100?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.