Sponsored

Xplan is not cancelled at Kearny Mesa Ford *NOT AVAILABLE TO NEW TRANSFERS ANYMORE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep wrangler sport s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What does Xplan look like on a Badlands compared to the Granger deal? Anyone know?
Don't think anyone's going to touch Grangers. There's no pin number needed it is just a simple discount from invoice. The offer you see in this thread is a reasonable offer especially under the circumstances.IMO
Sponsored

66chill

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500, 2017 Raptor, 96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey! There are a few options for out of state purchases. You could pay CA taxes and registration so you can drive it back across state lines, but then you would need to deal with NV registration the following year. We also can do like you described where we don't charge any CA tax, but then the vehicle needs to be flatbedded to the intended state so you take delivery there. We also have a DMV service where we can register vehicles in all 50 states, but I do think there is a couple hundred fee for this. One way or another though we have solutions available.

All options and dealer installed accessories appear on the factory invoice. With that, we know the MSRP of each item and the invoice of each item. Xplan price is calculated as a percentage of that invoice amount (don't know the exact equation right now). But the short answer... math.
Thanks for that information! We'd probably go the 50 state registration route. Completely forgot about that as an option. (y)

We'll be in touch once we decide for sure after "negotiating" with our local dealerships. I've only paid MSRP for 2 Ford vehicles in my life (and we've owned a few ;)), and that was for a GT350 and now my GT500. Not about to do it for a Bronco. Thanks again!

Tiburon

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How many engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

One - because we are efficient and have no sense of humor.

(sorry couldn't resist)

But, I like your thought process. In my "motorcycle life" I have always tried to form relationships with good dealers. It pays off for both parties in the long run. Bummer that San Diego is at the other end of the state for me, but I may jump anyway. There is indeed something to be said for flying into San Diego, picking up my new Bronco, and taking a few days to meander back north. Hmmmm I'm liking this idea....
Always up for a good engineer joke. :D

I started a soap box statement about simple business acumen, but had to catch myself....

Also, it is funny that I was just in Mission Beach this past week. Wish I would have stopped by and spoke to Eric about some particulars.

JesseS

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jayco AY26, Honda F6B, CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was X-Plan I would have no problem making the trek down from Sacramento, but the D-Plan is still a go so I can stick with my local dealer, just want to give a shout out to Eric for such a stand up offer, sorry to say you no longer see that in many car dealers. Good job!

Ciscollector

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 F250 Highboy; 2000 LX470; 2017 JK
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Eric Bunch sent the below in an email update to Bronco reservation holders a month ago regarding upcoming Bronco Sport color selections at their dealership. I appreciate the forethought.

ā€œ Here's something to look forward to though: I have special ordered 5 Bronco Sport display units that should arrive mid-to-late November. Most dealers only picked up 1, but I went big! I went big because I saw this as an opportunity to see the new Bronco colors in person WAY before we start getting full-size Bronco units. Hopefully these will also be here before we start submitting your orders to the factory. Coming in for Bronco Sport display I have:
1 Base in Carbonized Gray
2 Big Bend, one Kodiak Brown and one Cactus Gray
2 Badlands, one Area 51 and one Carbonized Gray

Unfortunately I couldnā€™t order a Cyber Orange or Antimatter Blue.ā€

Should add or help anyone sitting on the fence about switching. He has been going out of his way.

Sponsored

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Eric Bunch sent the below in an email update to Bronco reservation holders a month ago regarding upcoming Bronco Sport color selections at their dealership. I appreciate the forethought.

ā€œ Here's something to look forward to though: I have special ordered 5 Bronco Sport display units that should arrive mid-to-late November. Most dealers only picked up 1, but I went big! I went big because I saw this as an opportunity to see the new Bronco colors in person WAY before we start getting full-size Bronco units. Hopefully these will also be here before we start submitting your orders to the factory. Coming in for Bronco Sport display I have:

Should add or help anyone sitting on the fence about switching. He has been going out of his way.

Great reminder? ā˜

I'll definitely be stopping by to view??

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Glad you remember this! Just FYI the latest ETA shows that only 2 should arrive in Nov, others in Dec. The first will be carbonized gray and the second is Area 51.

gpitman

Badlands
First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-350 Powerstroke, 2019 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you remember this! Just FYI the latest ETA shows that only 2 should arrive in Nov, others in Dec. The first will be carbonized gray and the second is Area 51.
Still no Cyber Orange yet? lol

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Classy move Eric @EricAtKearnyMesaFord, classy move for sure. If only other dealers were the same.(y) Not one dealer in my area have stepped up with an offer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
ā˜ Kearney Mesa giving us some joy to finish off the year???
Today I started talks with Ford about another little surprise before the end of the year. I'll share some details once I have it confirmed ;)

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I started talks with Ford about another little surprise before the end of the year. I'll share some details once I have it confirmed ;)
!!!!

@EricAtKearnyMesaFord don't mess with us! If something wild comes from you and your dealership... my delivery day will look like a new apple product was released and there will be a line down the street just to take ownership?

OP
OP
EricAtKearnyMesaFord

EricAtKearnyMesaFord

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
SoCal Reservation Holders,

Due to the overwhelming popularity shown to Kearny Mesa Ford since the Bronco launch, Ford has asked us to host a live Bronco event on December 1st! I donā€™t have many details to share yet but I do know this: We will have 2door Broncos, 4door Broncos, and Bronco Sports here on the ground for you to see! I do not believe anybody will be allowed to drive these units. I havenā€™t seen one in person yet so Iā€™m extremely excited for this event! Plus this will be a cool opportunity to finally meet some of you. I will share more updates in the coming weeks as I get details on times, units, colors, etc.

Eric
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.