First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan 350z, Mitsubishi Lancer, Range Rover LR3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys! I have a 21 Badlands Sasquatch and as many of you, I was not able to configure the bronco with a roof rack due to engine and SAS back in January 2021 when I ordered . It gets tiresome trying to fit 3-4 snowboards in the back and take two cars since I have to fold half the second row to make it work. (No truck in my life sadly) So I decided to look into a hitch mount cargo system in the meantime, in that search I came across the EXO system. Through trial and error, these are the parts I used while retaining the spare with enough clearance, I hope this helps some of you on the fence of buying the EXO or looking for options aside from a roof rack system.
This is how it turned out!
Draw tite trailer hitch 76527
Yakima straightshot 8002739
Yakima EXO swingbase 8002715
Topshelf 8002716
Snowbank 8002723
(Not pictured Gearlocker 8002718)

Hitch extender cuts the weight in half of the Draw Tite which comes out to 337 1/2 lbs, the entire system I plan to run weighs a total of 142lbs so in my scenario I have more than enough weight to play with.
Ford Bronco Yakima EXO System on a Sasquatch Badlands 2D576EA3-A23D-40A3-931C-8B1078C21753
Ford Bronco Yakima EXO System on a Sasquatch Badlands 0AE308FC-0D37-4A54-A45B-A18BB045EAC3
Ford Bronco Yakima EXO System on a Sasquatch Badlands 67339993-4BCD-45D5-96AF-569F44ADC5BD
Ford Bronco Yakima EXO System on a Sasquatch Badlands 3D0D9FD9-D11D-4BA8-A527-1E1A1253C71B
Ford Bronco Yakima EXO System on a Sasquatch Badlands 5C002DF8-A4BE-49D6-9E91-C317D1D74819
Sponsored

GRIFFINCONWAY

Badlands
First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have a badlands Sasquatch and have been considering this setup as well.

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks awesome. Thanks for sharing. I have a badlands Sasquatch and have been considering this setup as well.
It’s worth it in my opinion! Love the modularity and ease of use

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Read the title and had to look, praying it wasn't one of those stupid Exoskeletons found on some Jeeps. Carry-on.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

backup sensor functionality?

Sponsored

Creeker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you weren’t able to configure your build with a roof rack originally but why not just order and install the roof rack after the fact?

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know you weren’t able to configure your build with a roof rack originally but why not just order and install the roof rack after the fact?
Eventually I will but as of now this works. I am waiting for the aftermarket world to release roof rails :) Trailpax mounts are promising as well, waiting for those!

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
backup sensor functionality?
The parking aid assist? I’m pretty sure it will be going off but mine is faulty. I’m having a tech check it out today actually to help me. I get a “park aid fault” error on my cluster, I disconnected a harness and can’t get it back into the slot for some reason.

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks like it hangs really far back.... I'd measure your longest overhang and make the adjustments before the chippys do. They're kind of sticklers for their vehicle code domain.

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks like it hangs really far back.... I'd measure your longest overhang and make the adjustments before the chippys do. They're kind of sticklers for their vehicle code domain.
I tried to just use the factory hitch and straightshot. The swingbase cleared but nothing else did. Another option I thought of is I could run the drawtite alone and remove my spare entirely. That will give me ample space, the setup I was going for was to keep the spare in place. I’ll definitely look into the codes and the length allowed though thank you for that! Worst case I’ll just have to remove the spare and extension

Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried to just use the factory hitch and straightshot. The swingbase cleared but nothing else did. Another option I thought of is I could run the drawtite alone and remove my spare entirely. That will give me ample space, the setup I was going for was to keep the spare in place. I’ll definitely look into the codes and the length allowed though thank you for that! Worst case I’ll just have to remove the spare and extension
I'll spare you, the hunt. It's 4 feet from the rear. Whether that encompasses the spare tire into the equation is up for debate as I don't do VC in CA, I do firearms. I would just find a place on the longest extension to mount a permanent flag to be compliant. That way it's always with it and your not trying to find random things laying around to make one.

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll spare you, the hunt. It's 4 feet from the rear. Whether that encompasses the spare tire into the equation is up for debate as I don't do VC in CA, I do firearms. I would just find a place on the longest extension to mount a permanent flag to be compliant. That way it's always with it and your not trying to find random things laying around to make one.
Thank you for that! What I found was 4m from the rear axle but it sounds like it comes out to the same as your measurement. I did see something about mounting a flag for visibility but didn’t get a chance to read the article fully.

PJAnnon

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks, 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does the tailgate swing all the way open when the EXO is swung open?

Thanks

OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Hazard

Hazard

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here are daytime pictures with the gearlocker installed as well. I don’t have an image of it with the gate swung open fully but when it is in the locked position outward I can open the gate fully

F9AFBDF1-C36C-47B8-82CE-B7CFA4015CD5.jpeg

5F3703C5-FF52-48B5-811B-B310371F620D.jpeg
Sponsored