S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know the size of the Yakima LockNLoad Platform on the 2Dr trail rig
Ford Bronco Yakima LockNLoad Platform size 2021-Ford-Bronco-Two-Door-Badlands-Trail-Rig-Concept-Exterior-001-overhead-front-three-quarter
pictured here?
Sponsored

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hard to say. Maybe "Style B" 60x54?

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on the number of slats (6), I believe what is in the photo you included is Platform K, which is 55" x 49". Yakima's web site list shows several platforms, but the Bronco B&P tool offers only 2: small (6 slats) and large (7). Large may be Platform B (60" x 54"), but not sure.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are these worth it versus half the price for a basket? I’m curious to what I would be missing out with going with a standard basket versus getting one of these platforms?

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are these worth it versus half the price for a basket? I’m curious to what I would be missing out with going with a standard basket versus getting one of these platforms?
They are quite a bit different. The locknload is a whole system with tons of attachments and a lot of custom potential. The basket is a basket.

I’m only half joking. If you look at the Australian overland community where this rack originated there are a million little add-in’s and uses.

Sponsored

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are quite a bit different. The locknload is a whole system with tons of attachments and a lot of custom potential. The basket is a basket.

I’m only half joking. If you look at the Australian overland community where this rack originated there are a million little add-in’s and uses.
I think I read that the locknload has T-Slot integration, which is handy.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I read that the locknload has T-Slot integration, which is handy.
I like the low profile when not in use & yes it uses T-slot integration for a variety of tie down points or custom bracketry.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess is the concern that your stuff could shift around in the basket while driving versus the locknload which stays put? I understand it’s customizable and you can put all sorts of custom stuff on it, but I guess I’m just curious if people have used it and find it worth $500-$600 more (plus attachment accessories)

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess is the concern that your stuff could shift around in the basket while driving versus the locknload which stays put? I understand it’s customizable and you can put all sorts of custom stuff on it, but I guess I’m just curious if people have used it and find it worth $500-$600 more (plus attachment accessories)
LocknLoad only really makes sense if you are already invested in Yakima stuff and swap between a few different types of rack attachments. So looking for bikes and kayaks in the summer and skis and skybox in the winter or something.

If you're just looking to put a basket on it or just looking to strap some things to a rack you are better served with another roof rack.

Khayze427

Badlands
First Name
Hayes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone know the size of the Yakima LockNLoad Platform on the 2Dr trail rig
Ford Bronco Yakima LockNLoad Platform size 2021-Ford-Bronco-Two-Door-Badlands-Trail-Rig-Concept-Exterior-001-overhead-front-three-quarter
pictured here?
If those are MaxTrak boards on top; I believe they are 45” long — so maybe the “LockNload K platform (55 x 49) ? The ”B’ platform is (60 x 54).

OP
OP

Nite93

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe the Bronco trail rig has 55" x 49" platform. A guy near me is selling a 60" x 54" on Facebook marketplace. He actually is selling it at a fair price with a bunch of attachments.
Ford Bronco Yakima LockNLoad Platform size Screenshot_20201101-122212
Sponsored