Sponsored

Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll

Are you going with the Yakima, an after market, or waiting until later?

• Total voters

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious if most of you will go with the Yakima roof rack or an after market product. Trying to gage in on what potential roof racks are out there. I've read about and seen roof racks for Rhino Rack, ARB, and Front Runner. I understand it will be easier to go with the Yakima and it may take some time for the after market to develop roof racks for the Bronco, but still curious if something else may be out there. What are your thoughts and do you prefer a particular roof rack? Thanks for the help!
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF I get a rack, that's a big IF, I would want the rear only rack like this. I don't care for the front to back bars that attach to the windshield frame, and want to be able to take the 1st and 2nd row tops off and not have a rack above my head.
Ford Bronco Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll 1600883859915

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

IF I get a rack, that's a big IF, I would want the rear only rack like this. I don't care for the front to back bars that attach to the windshield frame, and want to be able to take the 1st and 2nd row tops off and not have a rack above my head.
Ford Bronco Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll 1600883859915
I want this to be an option.

The Yakima Lock n Load is a cool system but you sort of need to get into the whole ecosystem. But anything you can mount to roof rails you can mount to the Lock n Load

Traditional racks are better if your attaching "stuff" instead of specific things like bike racks, ski racks, etc. They're easier to slap some bungees or ratchet straps onto.

Also... No matter what... I'm never going to hoist a damn Yeti onto my roof. Seems lots of people forget about the less-cool-looking but more ease-of-use hitch rack.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm leaning towards waiting until later and seeing if interior space and hitch type basket will suit my needs.

I'd rather be able to go full top off and the extra clearance will be big in terms of being able to get into my garage

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want this to be an option.

The Yakima Lock n Load is a cool system but you sort of need to get into the whole ecosystem. But anything you can mount to roof rails you can mount to the Lock n Load

Traditional racks are better if your attaching "stuff" instead of specific things like bike racks, ski racks, etc. They're easier to slap some bungees or ratchet straps onto.

Also... No matter what... I'm never going to hoist a damn Yeti onto my roof. Seems lots of people forget about the less-cool-looking but more ease-of-use hitch rack.
Displaying the Yeti on the roof made me laugh! It must of taken a Yeti/Sasquatch to load it up there!!

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would like to order my roof rack straight from Ford, but I don't like the idea of not being able to take off the back portion of my woof. I will probably wait until there is an aftermarket solution for that very problem.

P.S. I realize I spelled "roof" as "woof". It was a typo originally and it made me laugh, so what the hell, right?

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to order my roof rack straight from Ford, but I don't like the idea of not being able to take off the back portion of my woof. I will probably wait until there is an aftermarket solution for that very problem.

P.S. I realize I spelled "roof" as "woof". It was a typo originally and it made me laugh, so what the hell, right?
I think a rack like I pictured above, you would still be able to remove the rear cargo section, while leaving the rack attached.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I definitely plan to have a rack as soon as I can but waiting to see more of what is offered in B&P before I decide factory or after market.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think a rack like I pictured above, you would still be able to remove the rear cargo section, while leaving the rack attached.
Sure looks like it, but that particular rack doesn't seem like it'll be an option

Geekytrails

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody know if this will increase the static and dynamic weight limit of the Broncos roof? Looks like the wranglers roof racks for tents have to tie into the frame in order to support the weight.

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It looks like it attaches to the furthermost roof panel, which tells me the panel its connected to won't be able to be removed, unfortunately. What I'm looking for is a rack that connects to the roll-bar and windshield mount so I can go completely topless on the 2-door.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really need to hear back from Rhino to see when their Backbone system is going to be available. Hopefully by the time we start taking deliveries. 130lbs dynamic is not going to cut it mounting a large RTT. And they may require the use of their rack system with it.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anybody know if this will increase the static and dynamic weight limit of the Broncos roof? Looks like the wranglers roof racks for tents have to tie into the frame in order to support the weight.
I think the static/dynamic ratings they've given are for the roof rack.

Heavier stuff like tents will most likely require a backbone system like the Jeep.

Major_Bullsteak

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy ZR2 Bison, JK Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I for one am glad you didn't edit it. Made me chuckle as well.