Sponsored

Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll

Are you going with the Yakima, an after market, or waiting until later?

• Total voters

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have always want to get one like this for my Jeep but just never pulled the trigger. I will probably get this type vs the ones that Ford has shown us as I will still be able to take off the entire roof. If the aftermarket doesn't offer one soon enough I am not opposed to fabricating one myself (it helps when your brother owns a fab shop).

Ford Bronco Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll 1600885833815
Sponsored

OP
OP
NPBronco91

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have this Platform Roof Rack by Rhino Rack? This is ideally what I would like to get eventually but it only holds up to 265lbs. Looking for a platform rack that can hold two adults and a tent. Any suggestions out there?

Ford Bronco Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll Jeep-JL-RJLB1-RLT600-42108B-09

Last edited:

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have always want to get one like this for my Jeep but just never pulled the trigger. I will probably get this type vs the ones that Ford has shown us as I will still be able to take off the entire roof. If the aftermarket doesn't offer one soon enough I am not opposed to fabricating one myself (it helps when your brother owns a fab shop).

Ford Bronco Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll Jeep-JL-RJLB1-RLT600-42108B-09

I saw way back in another thread that someone called this type of rack a jungle gym. I was all about this rack until I saw that, and now I cannot unsee it. They are right. Sucks because I always liked them, and now, one statement and my whole outlook on life has changed, well at least on racks.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw way back in another thread that someone called this type of rack a jungle gym. I was all about this rack until I saw that, and now I cannot unsee it. They are right. Sucks because I always liked them, and now, one statement and my whole outlook on life has changed, well at least on racks.
What's wrong with a jungle gym? If I remember right, I was always a jungle gym kid growing up rather than a swing set kinda kid.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have this Platform Roof Rack by Rhino Rack? This is ideally what I would like to get eventually but it only holds up to 265lbs. Looking for a platform rack that can hold two adults and a tent. Any suggestions out there?

I think the static load rating is something like 800 lbs on those

Reactions: RLW

Sponsored
OP
OP
NPBronco91

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LARELL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I plan on getting the factory roof rack so. That i have it, I want a "exoskeleton" rack but ill see how much it bugs me to not be able to take the rear portion of the top off if I am using it and decide if I need an after market rack later.

OP
OP
NPBronco91

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that's the dynamic rating

Hopefully it won't take years for Rhino Rack to come out with a solution for the Bronco
I'll take your word for it.

Emailed them earlier to see their take. If I get any information I'll post it on this thread. Would rather go through them. I like their products.

jpeml94

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback (2016)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1602200410507-jpeg.jpg

can we talk about this roof rack a second? Why doesn’t Ford extend the rack to the back of the hardtop? Those notches are clearly mounting points, which have been used on the 4door fishing concept (or whatever they want to call it) that has been posted above. Any ideas why they chose to stop the rack 3/4 of the way to the rear? I feel like that back area would probably support substantially more weight being that it’s not tied to the windshield (better distribution of weight). Also woulld give people the option of having a platform roof rack that extends the entire length of the vehicle.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NPBronco91

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Yakima or Aftermarket Roof Rack? - Poll 1602200410507-jpe

can we talk about this roof rack a second? Why doesn’t Ford extend the rack to the back of the hardtop? Those notches are clearly mounting points, which have been used on the 4door fishing concept (or whatever they want to call it) that has been posted above. Any ideas why they chose to stop the rack 3/4 of the way to the rear? I feel like that back area would probably support substantially more weight being that it’s not tied to the windshield (better distribution of weight). Also woulld give people the option of having a platform roof rack that extends the entire length of the vehicle.
Im glad you brought this up. I’ve been thinking about these same thoughts for the past 24 hours. I’m also surprised they decided not to 1.) extend this rack from front to back and 2.) put the platform rack on this concept. I just hope they don’t shift four door buyers to not choose the platform rack. I hope the platform rack extends the full or half of the length of the Bronco. At least bring it to the back

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

IF I get a rack, that's a big IF, I would want the rear only rack like this. I don't care for the front to back bars that attach to the windshield frame, and want to be able to take the 1st and 2nd row tops off and not have a rack above my head.
1600883859915.png
This is also what I want!
That way I can store the mid roof panel on the back roof and the front 2 panels in the cargo area. I don’t want a soft top but I want to be able to go topless when and wherever.

Last edited:

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That way I can store the mud roof panel on the back roof and the front 2 panels in the cargo area. I don’t want a soft top but I want to be able to go topless when and wherever.
Maybe fold part of the backseat down and store the mid section there? That's if you don't have kid seats filling the back up like me.

OP
OP
NPBronco91

NPBronco91

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That way I can store the mud roof panel on the back roof and the front 2 panels in the cargo area. I don’t want a soft top but I want to be able to go topless when and wherever.
Would you extend this half way? And I haven’t seen videos yet to remove the Yakima rack. Only seen comments that it takes 10-15 mins to remove. Does it take that amount of time? My FJ has a bolted on basket rack. Therefore I have no knowledge of removing or putting a rack on.
Sponsored