First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My first time with a Yakima product. Cargo platform K for the 2dr. Can this really be all that holds the platform to the roof rack?

B81FD612-E492-4C43-8951-ECB5BAC167DD.jpeg
Sponsored

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes sir. I have the same.

OP
OP
Koz44

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had to get the correct wrench to tighten those down today and then I got the platform on. You were right, it all does seem very sturdy when put together.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the bigger platform and I have to say Ford's pictures are a crock for the bigger rack. The cross rails are either 27 1/2 inches apart or 54 1/2 inches apart. I tried to mount the larger platform with the mounts you have in your picture and it did not work. The rails/rack do not fall in the right place to match up. I had to return everything.
Now I thought about it again and I picked up Yakima Timberline mounts that go on the roof rails and mount the rack directly.

So my pictures show - that with the larger platform K - you have to have the crossbars 54 1/2 apart from each other for proper support. If you use the connection system shown in your post, the rack will not fit. The only way to make it fit is if the crossbars are 27 1/2 inches apart, which is way too narrow for the platform K. I mounted it that way to test and it was too floppy on the front and the back.

Ford Bronco Yakima Roof Platform IMG_5096
Ford Bronco Yakima Roof Platform IMG_5097

erniecombs

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought that the larger platform was B not K. This would have extended it by 5”. Correct?

Sponsored

alancorman1

Badlands
First Name
Corman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had the bigger platform and I have to say Ford's pictures are a crock for the bigger rack. The cross rails are either 27 1/2 inches apart or 54 1/2 inches apart. I tried to mount the larger platform with the mounts you have in your picture and it did not work. The rails/rack do not fall in the right place to match up. I had to return everything.
Now I thought about it again and I picked up Yakima Timberline mounts that go on the roof rails and mount the rack directly.

So my pictures show - that with the larger platform K - you have to have the crossbars 54 1/2 apart from each other for proper support. If you use the connection system shown in your post, the rack will not fit. The only way to make it fit is if the crossbars are 27 1/2 inches apart, which is way too narrow for the platform K. I mounted it that way to test and it was too floppy on the front and the back.

Move your crossbar from the front to the middle and you will make it work.

alancorman1

Badlands
First Name
Corman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Facebook Marketplace size K with crossbar attachments for $425. Picked up on my way to Off Rodeo outside of Austin

Ford Bronco Yakima Roof Platform IMG_2075

Ford Bronco Yakima Roof Platform IMG_2085
Sponsored