Sponsored

Y'all Are More Patient Than Me (Defender v. Bronco Comparison)

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You're hitting a very interesting point that goes into many consumer industries. Vast majority of consumers will never use their vehicles to its full purpose. The Bronco and the Defender for 99% of customers are over capable in terms of how the customer plans on using it. And a big reason is because these new rigs are expensive. If a trail needs all the off-roading features of a Sasquatch package Bronco, chances are, you're going to beat the crap out of that relatively expensive Bronco and as a result many people avoid this. For the consumer it's more of a matter of "does the truck have this feature, rather than will I use it?"
Spot on about being across the board. You’ll see a lot of Canada Goose jackets here in Philly just in case we get a few inches of snow.

People want to have capability even if it will never be used, regardless of cost. Whether you’re shopping for jackets, Broncos, or Defenders. How many sway bars do we really think will ever need disconnecting? 😆
Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice ride man, and yes, the wait is getting old. Mine was supposedly blended a month ago, but the tracker says in production. Estimated delivery date was also yesterday…?

bronconagurski

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 corvette and 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Spot on about being across the board. You’ll see a lot of Canada Goose jackets here in Philly just in case we get a few inches of snow.

People want to have capability even if it will never be used, regardless of cost. Whether you’re shopping for jackets, Broncos, or Defenders. How many sway bars do we really think will ever need disconnecting? 😆
"It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it."

Sponsored

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My BD Bronco has been shipped (rail), and I just got word that my Defender 110 S has been built and is waiting for a ship now. So I should have the Bronco in 1-2 weeks and the Defender by New Years, I’ll try to remember to whip up some pictures and reviews/comparisons after owning them both for a bit.
Definitely interested in your thoughts.

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will never, ever forgive Tata for making the venerable Land Rovers and Range Rovers as incredibly, laughably ugly as they have become.
I like the look of the Defender X. I’ve ridden in older Defender.. fun around town/off-road but F that for anything else. Rattle fest. Not my kind of character. …I don’t need bells & whistles. I want capability with a dash of comfort.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
"It's better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it."
Words to live by. I'm one of the ones that (hopefully) will never use it to the limits of its abilities. I will use it to about 75% of them due to where I live for a coupla/few months out of the year. Nice to have the other 25% in my back pocket though...

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why buy a Bronco when I know I won't do much if any real off reading?

Nostalgia, I had first gen Bronco and wheeled the hell out of it. No rock crawling but mud, hills, trails, drive over small trees at high speed, jumped it, all the insane things a young man could do with a V8 Bronco. That Bronco cost me around $1200 forty years ago. I put a cam, four barrel and headers on it. Lifted on 33's it had dual posi's with 4.11 gears. Most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. Marriage and family happened and the Bronco went away.

It will complete the set, I've had first gen, the OJ, and have a Bronco II and a Bronco Sport now.

For functionality I want/need something that can handle ice and snow. There's plenty out there that can do that but yeah... Bronco :) if the money and health holds we will likely head west and do some easy trials.

The most important reason is that my wife wants one. :) She put up with me all these years and it seems fair that I get her a Bronco. (Doesn't hurt that I'll get to drive it :) )

Sponsored

SoCalDawg

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX 460
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
had a 22 reservation for Defender that was switched to a 23. Pulled the rip cord last week due to no info from LRJ. Also take a look at where they make the Defender - Slovakia. Soon they will also be locked down as the rest of Europe. Even once you Defender is built it needs to go on a ship across the ocean and get to one of our great ports that are a mess. So depending on your spec probably looking at 6m to 1 year to get your Defender. No thanks sticking with US and Ford.
IMO the best and most reliable vehicles ever made are shipped across the ocean.. from Japan. This seems like an ethnocentric view.. how do we know those folks in Slovakia aren’t as skilled and taking as much pride in their work as those in Alabama.. Detroit .. Mexico and Canada?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

DryYourTears