Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always knew my Grangtober reservation and order was going to be a MY22, and was hoping for maybe around June. However, after hearing about large numbers of orders either getting pushed to MY22 or people opting to code 99 their orders I'm thinking that there are going to be lots of people like me that are going to get pushed even later into 3rd or 4th quarter 22 or possibly even 23. Even without top/chip/tire/towing/etc. supply problems MAP can only build so many Broncos per month and there appear to be a LOT of 22's to be built.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
You mustā€™ve not read the email. TL;DR: even Ford itself canā€™t roughly estimate delivery dates for anyone who doesnā€™t have a VIN. This means that laymen on the forum have even less likelihood of being able to answer your question.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there appear to be a LOT of 22's to be built.
once MAP gets to full speed this fall, they're gonna be spitting these things out like sunflower husks from a baseball dugout

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they have parts
Yep. I have no doubt that all reservations will be fulfilled in 2022 - unless there are significant continued supply chain issues that prevent it.

Ford will be running 4-500 Broncos off the line a day in August. As long as the particular parts can be sourced, everyone will get their Broncos.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep. I have no doubt that all reservations will be fulfilled in 2022 - unless there are significant continued supply chain issues that prevent it.

Ford will be running 4-500 Broncos off the line a day in August.
I agree.

Is it 4-500 a day or 4-500 A SHIFT?
I had thought , at full swing they'd be at 1000 a day. (2 production shifts /day)

Just dug around a lot, at full swing they'll be at 440 Broncos/ 110 Rangers per shift(80/20 split), depending on how well the Ranger ends up selling.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I'd be on the Granger October boat, I'd not expect to see my rig until late '22. If they get enough allocations to fill them all to begin with. One of the reasons I figured that little savings is not worth the risk and road trip. My dealer is honoring x plan for me. And maybe I'll actually get mine this year, who knows. I'm right in the middle of their allocations, not that that means much, lots of wealthy people in my town, I would expect most orders in front of me to be FE or an other top trim with all the fixings. So my loaded BL might not even happen this year. Despite night one res. But it will eventually happen, and that's the day I'm looking forward to, when ever it may come :)

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree.

Is it 4-500 a day or 4-500 A SHIFT?
I had thought , at full swing they'd be at 1000 a day. (2 production shifts /day)

Just dug around a lot, at full swing they'll be at 440 Broncos/ 110 Rangers per shift(80/20 split), depending on how well the Ranger ends up selling.

It would surprise me if they produced such a small amount of Rangers. At that production rate, they won't even come close to making enough. Over 100k Rangers sold in 2020. I'd suspect more in 2022 will sell if they have them.

But it really wouldn't surprise me if some reserved Broncos were delivered in 2023. Reservation numbers are still accumulating. Plus, are reservations made after March in chronological order or in a big pool?

There is already almost more Broncos than they appear to be able to make by Dec 2022. If they don't get things rolling, in a big way real soon, there will be many many Broncos that are MY22 that should have been 21s. And that just pushes more people back in 2022 or into 2023.

Dealers are going to be doing their hardest to get Broncos on the lot too, through all of next year. They will do anything they can to keep a canceled order to sell for themselves instead of moving someone up in line.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It would surprise me if they produced such a small amount of Rangers. At that production rate, they won't even come close to making enough. Over 100k Rangers sold in 2020. I'd suspect more in 2022 will sell if they have them.

But it really wouldn't surprise me if some reserved Broncos were delivered in 2023. Reservation numbers are still accumulating. Plus, are reservations made after March in chronological order or in a big pool?

There is already almost more Broncos than they appear to be able to make by Dec 2022. If they don't get things rolling, in a big way real soon, there will be many many Broncos that are MY22 that should have been 21s. And that just pushes more people back in 2022 or into 2023.

Dealers are going to be doing their hardest to get Broncos on the lot too, through all of next year. They will do anything they can to keep a canceled order to sell for themselves instead of moving someone up in line.
Being a 10/04 reservation with Granger I just hope mine gets to the dealer before the snows set in. I would be fine with that. But, if for some reason it's pushed to a '23 MY that is my break point. I would like to get mine before the DMV pulls my license for being to old to drive. :)

OP
OP
jsharpe

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

This is the situation I was attempting to describe in my initial post. I did see Ford's email and I wasn't silly enough to expect a predicted build date and probably wouldn't believe it anyway.
But for me there is a big difference between say March 22 and October or later 22 or even 23. It would basically mean I would miss [another] entire summer season of wheeling. Which is the main reason we are wanting one. And seeing stock show up in dealers lots before I get my possibly 2 year old reservation build would further sour the situation.
Sponsored