Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IMHO you are wrong about this. Like really, really, really wrong.

Both parks are great. Both great by car. Both great by foot.

Next time you go to Yellowstone, get out of your car and start walking. It will blow your mind what’s out there.
It’s too bad you chose hikes that were not to your liking in Yellowstone.

Plenty of hiking in Yellowstone that sound like exactly what you were were seeking.

example: it sounds like you enjoyed being up above treeline in Glacier Park with dramatic dropoffs in all directions. Then the Skyline Trail in the northwest corner of Yellowstone is a trail you would enjoy. High pucker factor as you walk along a knife edge ridge for miles.

another example: you mention not enjoying forested hikes with occasional glimpses of scenery. Then the Thorofare Trail in the southeast corner of Yellowstone is a place you should explore. Most remote spot in the continental United States with views for miles in every direction.

Not sure why we are talking hiking as the OP never mentioned it, OP also never brought up Glacier Park either, but as long as we are comparing Glacier vs Yellowstone, we should mention my favorite activity, fly fishing. In that comparison the winner is Yellowstone hands down. Place is absolute Nirvana if you fly fish.

OP: you will have fun out here. It’s awesome.
Preach, brother! 👏

Rick was no doubt having a hipster moment, wearing his faded beanie, sipping a PBR, and shunning anything cool or popular as he is wont to do. 😄

To me, Yellowstone is one of the most amazing places I have ever visited, and I only scratched the surface of what is available. For a little context, I have travelled to 28 countries around the world, lived in 5, and visited a lot of famous places that travel publications cover extensively. Despite millions of air miles earned zipping around the globe over four decades, hardly anything has come close to the sense of wonder and amazement experienced in Yellowstone. IMO, it is truly a bucket list destination, and since you live next door and visit often to fly fish, I trust your judgment. 😎
Sponsored

Climber

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado ZR2 Bison
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m on the east side of Yellowstone, no off-roading but I am near Morrison jeep trail which is pretty intense.
Lots of off road trails in the area and along chief Joseph highway.
I think Montana has a better Forest road network than Wyoming. Wyoming also has sooooo much wind.
Any word on when the Morrison Jeep Trail lower will be fixed? Maybe end of next year?