Sponsored

(Yet Another) Super Celebration Ride Along Recap - With Pictures!

First Name
Nebula
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru Forester XT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CWO4 told me in the East Ride Along thread " The Broncos are everything they have said and a whole lot more." - and after today's experience, I'd say that sums it up.

I arrived in Townsend, TN today for the 9am ride-along, the first session of the day. Sadly, due to rain and "snot" on the trails, for safety reasons, we were a bit shafted and unable to do a large part of the "technical section" that they'd been ripping through in the past few days.

Rode along with Levi (perfect pro guide) in a Big Bend 2.3L, Sasquatch, with MIC top.

Here are my takeaways:
  • Comfort
    • This model had the "cloth" seats, and they felt nice for cloth (cloth is never my favorite). Plenty cushioned and supportive - definitely better than my current Forester.
      • My order is for Badlands with the MGV - I got to sit in a Bronco that had the MGV and it was insane. It may be one of the most comfortable car seats I've ever been in - and it can be easily wiped down and is extra durable? Wasn't very "leather-like" at all. Very much confirmed my choice for MGV.
  • Interior and Top
    • Interior felt utility-focused, but premium (and this was with the smaller screen). MIC top was surprisingly better than I thought, very solid - easy to remove, and cabin noise was wayyy less than I expected. This had me questioning waiting until 2022 for the mod top - but in the end, I need those removable windows and panels for my dog's cargo area
  • On Road Handling
    • On road handling was surprisingly smooth. Way too smooth, actually. I've only ever been in "similar" vehicles that start with the letter J, and this was leaps and bounds better than how their off-road models feel when used on-road at ~60+ mph
  • Off Road Handling
    • Off road handling was even better - There was not one jarring hit and we were moving briskly across all types of things that we should have felt. This was probably the most surprising part of the ride. We climbed up the rock "garden" forwards, and then reversed back - and it was smoother than my Forester has handled some country driveways....
    • Nicest off-road vehicle I've ever been in, but might not be the right pick for people who like to "feel" the terrain.
  • Engine:
    • Acceleration with the 2.3L seemed more than capable, and felt quite good, actually. I am excited for my 2.7L for that extra peppiness and ability to take off from stoplights....but I'd say the 2.3L will be just fine for the majority of drivers
  • Characteristics
    • Steering seemed quite buttery but not boat like. Smooth, but controlled
    • The Trail Turn Assist was maybe the most insane part, you can just sit there doing donuts all day, if you prefer - it was very impressive (and a very cool thing to show off to friends)
  • Visibility
    • Visibility was, honestly, a bit lacking, considering I'm coming from the glass greenhouse (Forester). As some recent post pointed out - the front window is very shallow. It didn't negatively impact the ride (I mean, you could still see just fine), but would be my one "knock" on the vehicle, if I had to pick one. With the small front window, and various bars, etc. towards the back (near the "blind spot" areas, etc.), it was a bit hard to see things (but still better than small sports cars, etc.). Good thing my Badlands w/ Lux will have all sorts of cameras from every angle imaginable :)

Despite not getting the "full" experience - I left thoroughly impressed...and the hands-on experience very much confirmed my decision to follow through with my purchase. This car is the perfect blend of fun, utility, capability, and also "luxury" for lack of better term. I have to take clients out for work, and there are days where I needed a clean, smooth, polished daily driver - the Bronco can be that. I also live in an area with mountains and some amazing trails - and the Bronco definitely exceeds what I need to have fun with that.

Check out the pictures. I wish there were more, but the rain made it hard to capture everything I wanted to.

Cheers!
Ford Bronco (Yet Another) Super Celebration Ride Along Recap - With Pictures! IMG_20210424_093119
Ford Bronco (Yet Another) Super Celebration Ride Along Recap - With Pictures! IMG_20210424_091223
Ford Bronco (Yet Another) Super Celebration Ride Along Recap - With Pictures! IMG_20210424_093120
Ford Bronco (Yet Another) Super Celebration Ride Along Recap - With Pictures! IMG_20210424_093412
Ford Bronco (Yet Another) Super Celebration Ride Along Recap - With Pictures! IMG_20210424_094742
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nice write up.

Your brave for admitting the visibility is not great. The fanbois will be along soon to flame your opinion.
Sponsored