Yet another supply issue. Front windshield

Zanez

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota Tacoma TRD off road
Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I had a rock chip on my 2024 TRD Off-Road that turned into a 15-inch crack. NOONE can find a windshield for it so if you break one where you can't drive it then I guess you're out of luck until that "make some". Seems incredibly unreal to me that they can make a bunch of trucks but not have the glass to go in one. If anyone knows of ANY way to get one let me know.
Sponsored

Liquidassets

First Name
Bronson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma TRD off-road
I just had a rock chip yesterday that quickly turned into a 15 inch crack due to the heat. I got a quote from Safelite for $1200. It includes the bullshit recalibration for the active lane assist and other camera based assistance. Apparently it takes 5 minutes to perform, but costs $400.

Sponsored

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I just had a rock chip yesterday that quickly turned into a 15 inch crack due to the heat. I got a quote from Safelite for $1200. It includes the bullshit recalibration for the active lane assist and other camera based assistance. Apparently it takes 5 minutes to perform, but costs $400.
Out of pocket? My Safelite quote was $1800

Duane

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 tacoma trd sport
Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I had a rock chip on my 2024 TRD Off-Road that turned into a 15-inch crack. NOONE can find a windshield for it so if you break one where you can't drive it then I guess you're out of luck until that "make some". Seems incredibly unreal to me that they can make a bunch of trucks but not have the glass to go in one. If anyone knows of ANY way to get one let me know.
I had same issue last year with a 2023 Honda HRV and vehicle was inoperable from Aug to Dec. It makes no sense as suppliers are manufacturing for new vehicles., there has to be a way to factor in replacement parts production into that process.

datkins

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 prerunner
Hey everyone. Just wanted to let you know that I had a rock chip on my 2024 TRD Off-Road that turned into a 15-inch crack. NO ONE can find a windshield for it so if you break one where you can't drive it then I guess you're out of luck until that "make some". Seems incredibly unreal to me that they can make a bunch of trucks but not have the glass to go in one. If anyone knows of ANY way to get one let me know.
Me too. I have no idea when one will be available.

Sponsored

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
Nope not this bad. This model dont have anything. The 3rd gen had a lots of stuff like pretty much right away.
They are deff having some parts supply issues rn. I mentioned this in another thread but a sales rep told me that the other day and that’s it’s affecting which truck configurations are getting built rn. I suspect this will persist through at least the summer :(. I’m speculating a bit, to be clear, but I can’t imagine that’s an issue that can be remedied super fast. It deff isn’t with the vendors I talk to at work.

im starting to wonder in the wake of Covid and all the supply chain mess it ensued if this is going to be a new normal — at least for first year models for the next few years. Who knows.

OP I’m so sorry that absolutely sucks. Good luck finding a replacement!

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
I don't even want to worry about it being a claim. I'll pay the extra $500 ($500 deductible) to have the peace of mind of them not being able to raise my rate cause they feel like it.

univurshul

First Name
J.F.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2001
I'm electing to pay out of pocket as I don't want a claim on file.
Windshield replacements jack insurance premiums? I thought they have no bearing on the policy if the feature/clause is itemized specifically for the glass...

I've always paid out of pocket on my Ram because bolting on that coverage exceeded the cost of paying outright for it; replaced my glass 3x in the past 22 years on the truck although I have driven years with non-obstructing hairline cracks

maxx075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD Off Road
Windshield replacements jack insurance premiums? I thought they have no bearing on the policy if the feature/clause is itemized specifically for the glass...

I've always paid out of pocket on my Ram because bolting on that coverage exceeded the cost of paying outright for it; replaced my glass 3x in the past 22 years on the truck although I have driven years with non-obstructing hairline cracks
I'm in a No Fault state, and it seems that any claim can/will raise your rate. Your experience may vary, but I'd rather just pay out of pocket and not even have to worry about it.
Sponsored