First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I've never done a forum build thread before. I make YouTube and Instagram posts about my cars so why not?

Here's a link to the my socials if y'all wanna follow along there as well.
Instagram: @jacobrdoty
YouTube: Jacob R. Doty

Day 2 reservation holder > converted to order in November 2021 > Delivered May 2022

2022 4 Door Hard Top Outerbanks Sasquatch in Oxford White

Delivery Day:
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_4825 2.JPG

Had to add some Amazon 3/4" 70,000lb shackles: https://amzn.to/3NGC2Wr
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 EFAC75FB-8677-4EF0-B0B2-BE694960631A.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_4850 2.JPG

Next was to get some kind of paint protection added. I use Liquid X products on my Mustang and love their stuff. Since mine sits outside I wanted to be sure any bird dropping or hard water wouldn't adhere to the paint and cause etching. Obviously, you'll still want to clean those off but at least a proper protectant could buy you some time.
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5058.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5059.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Next up was window tint. Driving around without window tint was 1) giving me a headache 2) offering 0 privacy - literally was driving a fishbowl 3) actually getting a sunburn driving around town.

I went to Elite Audio and Tint in Elk Grove, CA (I've taken all my vehicles there) and got 3M Ceramic tint on all windows including windshield. Turned out great and still have great optical clarity even at night.
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5280.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5304.JPG

Tint video:

Next up I had to get this thing SEMA ready!! Jokes - I did order the Amazon gloss black bronco badge and swapped that out on the rear. I usually try to theme out my cars with 2-3 colors for the color scheme and go from there. For this one I learned my lesson on how hard it is to keep black/yellow themed Mustang clean so we're going STORM TROOPER! I've always liked the look, but never had a car in a nice bright white. Pretty easy swap with some fishing line and masking tape. The 3M tape on the back tailgate was maybe a month old at this point so removal was a breeze. Link to badge: https://amzn.to/3abvQIa

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5330.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5331.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5332.JPG

Bonus pic: Storm Trooper Bronco with a Storm Trooper dog... plan is to make the Mustang storm trooper to match for SEMA 2022 (actually).

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5408.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Next, the Bronco went on its first camping trip. The ultimate goal is to probably get a roof rack with roof top tent setup but just haven't dialed in how I'd like that setup to be quite yet. For now it's a simple ground tent and pack everything up inside.

The Bronco got caught in a random hail storm at camp with all 500 miles on it but luckily no damage!
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5455.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5752.JPG

Had to save my buddy's truck. He got stuck in some soft fluffy dirt and broke his front driver axle. He was spinning with the open diff but a quick pull got him out no problem. FIrst Bronco recovery down!
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5777.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5764.JPG

Ordered some various Amazon Bronco stuff like floor liners and back seat liners to protect the interior. Also got a tempered glass screen protector for the 12" touchscreen. I made a whole video on the Amazon stuff if you guys want to check that out. Fair warning: the floormats stink like hell for the first week then you're all good.

Here's some pics of the mats. I like them! I think all in I was around $300 included the back of the seat protectors.

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5464.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5465.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5466.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5468.JPG

Paracord grab handles in you guessed it - BLACK AND WHITE!
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 67795629003__7BF06471-14A7-46EA-8C24-0870EB0A7D4B.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 67795632736__01C104EF-EB83-436C-98BD-2610C46381FD.JPG

These came in handy as I used them as temporary tie-down points for some stand-up paddleboards lol. I DON'T recommend you use them this way, but it worked.
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5596

Last edited:
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Now we're getting to the good stuff!

I ordered 37" BF Goodrich KM3s (37x12.5r17 for the SEO haha) and 17x8.5 -30 Black Rhino Rift Beadlocks. These are my first set of real-deal beadlocks and wooooweeeeee were they fun! Totally worth it as it's great to have peace of mind airing down to single digits if needed.

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_5995.JPG

BUT! Before I could do the wheels/tires I had to do the lift. For this, I went with the Icon Vehicle Dynamics 3" spacer lift with the tubular UCAs.

Video on that install here:

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6023.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 68015105808__F0A8DB95-BE63-45D6-A21E-556E6C864702.JPG

Yes you can fit 5 37" tires in a 4 door hard top with the seats down.
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6080.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6085.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6091.JPG

I friggin' love how these BFGs look and have heard great things about their performance.

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6101.JPG

Here's some pics from when I went to Tahoe with just the 3" lift installed pre-mounting my wheels/tires. I'm cheating in these pics a bit since it is pulled up on the side and the driver side is more under load lol. But hey it looked cool being that tall!

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6138.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6139 2.JPG

Then was the fun part! Mounting up beadlocks myself in my garage. I did this over the course of a few evenings and then recorded a How To Video for the 5th wheel.

You guys can check that out here:

Honestly, it's very doable with some basic tools! After I mounted them all I took them to America's Tire where they balanced and threw them on for me (hey it was included in the price of the tires when I bought them from them)

Here's how she currently looks!
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6343.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6347.JPG

I saw allllllll the hooplah about the spare tire needing reinforcement as you go up in size and weight. I was hearing squeaking and rattling from the stock SAS spare at 88lbs. I can only imagine adding about 30lbs to the tailgate would only make that worse.

To fix this I opted for the Hammerbuilt Performance Modular Spare Tire kit:
https://hpbuilt.shop/collections/bronco/products/hammer-built-bronco-tire-support-kit

This thing is NICE! I love how the logo isn't god awful and it's made out of some serious HD materials. The powdercoating is nice, the mounting options are unique and the customer service from those guys is top notch.

I'll be having a video coming out soon on the install (super simple) so I'll update later.

Here's how it currently sits!
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6389 2.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6395 2.JPG

Use code "DOTY" at checkout on Hammer Built for 5% off!

To "torture test" the mount I grabbed the accessory arm that sticks out and just hung my whole body weight off it (180-190 ish) and it rocked the whole car yet barely moved the mount. This was good to see as that would easily be the most leveraged and most likely to wiggle/bend spot on this mount. Safe to say she's STOUT!

Upcoming/sitting parts I need to install: Diode Dynamics fog light pocket kit and ditch lights, rock lights, Wildtrak grille, subwoofer/speakers (the base 6 speaker is poop), actual slider steps, and more!

Happy to answer any questions y'all!

Last edited:

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny, I just watched your lift video on youtube last night (great vid) and was wondering what it looked like after adding the tires. You did not disappoint, it looks awesome! I am seriously considering the Icon spacer lift, do you still like it? I drive mine daily so super worried about messing up that factory comfort….

Sponsored
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Funny, I just watched your lift video on youtube last night (great vid) and was wondering what it looked like after adding the tires. You did not disappoint, it looks awesome! I am seriously considering the Icon spacer lift, do you still like it? I drive mine daily so super worried about messing up that factory comfort….
Thanks for watching! I appreciate that!
As far as ride quality goes it’s exactly the same as a factory Sasquatch. I really haven’t noticed any difference. I did a leveling key kit on my GMC truck I had before this and was worried it’d be super stiff and aggressive after. The GMC lost all of its factory plushness after the leveling kit. Not the case with the bronco! Definitely a great way to get 3” of lift while keeping the great-performing Bilsteins.

JRock17

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ice Mountain 4dr Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s great to know, awesome videos and great write up🤘🏼🤘🏼

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
?

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congrats

Sponsored
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m an adult, too. Good try at taking a shot there though.
Plenty of my audience enjoys the visual aid to do basic things (to you).
I’m glad you don’t ever need a YouTube video (the worlds 2nd largest search engine) to learn about anything.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I really enjoyed seeing the build come together, thanks for taking the time to document and share your personal experiences!
Sponsored