First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Got an update (actually a few but I'll wait to post more - ha!)

So, I know some people take this as up-badging which I don't love, but I think this is different. I'm up-grilling!

I did the same thing on my 2013 Mustang as I threw on the GT500-style grille even though I have a standard 5.0.

I LOVE the look of the Wildtrak grille and saw this one on Amazon for a reasonable price already painted gloss black and includes another set of BRONCO letters so I don't have to try and un-plastic weld the OEM ones off.

Xipex Grille (Gloss Black, Matte Black, Grey) - https://amzn.to/3RG3vKg

PS: Does anyone want to buy my OEM Outerbanks grille? haha

Here's a video of the install. SUPER simple - you can be done in about 20 minutes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before:
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6861

After:
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6880.JPG

After x2 w/ a sneak peak of what to expect next :p
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_7151.JPG

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Video just went live on how I wired my Diode Dyanmics fog lights and ditch lights to use as few of the aux switches as possible.

With the included DD harness it was set to use All 6 switches!
1 for SS3 fog
1 for SC2 pair
1 for SC2 pair
1 for all fog pocket amber backlights
1 for ditch light
1 for ditch light amber backlight

No thanks!

With the way I did it I have 3 AUX switches used and the backlights all come on automatically with accessory power while off or automatically when the vehicle turns on. I like having them on 24/7. Looks cool lol.

Here's that video y'all!

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey y'all! Been a bit since I've updated the thread. The DD fog lights and ditch lights are still going strong and they were SO helpful when I recently went camping. Found our overlanding spot for the weekend using them in pitch black.

After a trip with some rock gardens, I banged up the underside pretty good. Nothing too too bad, but it wasn't fun hearing the sounds of metal sliding across without protection. To fix this, I ordered the DV8 underside kits. Pretty simple install and the fit/finish is great! Here's a video on that - also have links to the parts.

Links:
DV8 A-Arm Skids: https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...ts/bronco-a-arm-skid-plate?ref=yUhqmm-Z-NwMxk
DV8 Diff Skid: https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...le-differential-skid-plate?ref=yUhqmm-Z-NwMxk
DV8 Lower Shock Mount Skid: https://dv8offroad.com/collections/...nco-rear-shock-guard-skids?ref=yUhqmm-Z-NwMxk

Sponsored

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
What’s your lift and whatcha doing with the sway bar assembly?

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What’s your lift and whatcha doing with the sway bar assembly?
I have the Icon 3" lift and I gave the rear sway bar setup away to a guy locally.

Reactions: 0ne
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Whew! How's it going, everyone? This rain in NorCal has been NUTS!

Been a while since I posted an update. I've installed the Midland radio system - didn't film anything but used my Hammerbuilt spare tire reinforcement for the antenna mount and tucked everything away in the console. I'll take some pics and upload them later if y'all are interested. Pretty clean install if I do say so myself.

I also swapped out the dash speakers for some new kickers. So far, it's made a difference but I still need to change the midrange speakers in the kick panel and I have my eye on the 6.5" pod kit for the rears. The rear speakers SUCK. Of course, we're all waiting for the JL Audio Stealth Box, too. I can't wait for them to release it!

This week I swapped my DV8 roof rack out for the $475 Hooke Road "Discovery" roof rack. So far, I like this one more. It's thicker steel, the cross bars are extruded aluminum with slots meaning you can create your own mounts, and THE ROOF PANELS CAN COME OFF! This was a huge blocker for me on my DV8 rack.

I reached out to them to get official dynamic load numbers, but it looks like their static load is 800 lbs. Pretty impressive!

Here are a few pics and of course an install video.

Feel free to use my discount code "DOTY" for 5% off on Hooke Road's website. They also have some sliders I have my eyes on to test out.

Product site: https://www.hookeroad.com/?ref=doty-bronco

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 Screenshot 2023-03-16 at 3.55.47 PM

Let me know if you have any questions! Happy to help!

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh yeah! I also added the Magnaflow Overland series exhaust. Currently running it in the configuration with the NDT can on the muffler. No J pipe. PERFECT! Really adds a good amount of tone without being a fart can.

This was probably one of the few installs where it was actually faster to do it than the install directions said. I had tools put away and the garage cleaned back up in less than an hour. Insanely easy!

You check that video out here:
Sponsored