Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I live in the Sacramento area as well. I'll keep an eye out for your Bronco!
Sponsored

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT (Bagged and Boosted) x 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a great looking OBX, has a really nice stance to it. Got to love the black and white colors together. The Camaro I traded in on our Bronco had no color on it at all - completely black and white!

I've watched a few of your YouTube videos previously and it sure looks like you're having fun with it! I create Bronco YouTube content too, nothing crazy, but I just like helping people out, much like YouTube has helped me out over the years. Just to give people informed decisions before they purchase a product. I've also helped almost 10K people replace their ESIM modules and 23K people switch out their auxiliary batteries on their Jeep Grand Cherokee's, so I feel like I'm giving back after all the YouTube help I've searched for! LOL!

Keep on doing what you're doing!
Thank you! I've definitely been saved by YouTube from home improvement stuff to car stuff. I think it's really cool that something I spend hours doing while doing it myself can last forever online for anyone else who comes across it.

Nice content by the way! Just checked out your channel

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in the Sacramento area as well. I'll keep an eye out for your Bronco!
Join Gold Country Broncos on Facebook! Last weekend we had 20 Broncos out on MET. I took some photos and have been meaning to update this thread with them.

They have one on 9/2 if you're off. I won't be able to make that one, but there are whispers of something on Labor Day too if you're off.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Join Gold Country Broncos on Facebook! Last weekend we had 20 Broncos out on MET. I took some photos and have been meaning to update this thread with them.

They have one on 9/2 if you're off. I won't be able to make that one, but there are whispers of something on Labor Day too if you're off.
I'll join the group. Still waiting on the bronco though 😆.

I work labor day unfortunately. I am in the automotive industry. We don't get many days off.

steezyB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tundra long travel prerunner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
great build...and nice wheel and tire choice as well. Def will be following along.

Sponsored
OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A bit late to post but last weekend Gold Country Broncos had a group trail ride where we had about 20 Broncos out on Mormon Emigrant Trail. Met up in Placerville, CA and rode through to just south of Lake Tahoe, CA.

Was a great time and a great group of people! If anyone is in the Sacramento/Bay Area and wants to get off road, join the Facebook group as there are many more events in the works.

Here are a few pics - I wish I got more but didn't want to stop on the trail just to be "that guy".
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 DSC07683.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 image (3)
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 image (4)
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 image

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 image (1)

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6538 2.JPG

Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6561.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6585.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6709.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6590.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6722.JPG
Ford Bronco YETI Bronco - Outerbanks SAS with 17" Beadlocks and 37" BFG KM3 IMG_6712.PNG

I wish I filmed this trip, but I really wanted to just enjoy it with the group as it was the first real run with the Bronco. This was rated "moderate" but looking forward to challenging myself with more difficult trails once I get some proper sliders and armor on. Admittedly, I am new to offroading so I have lots to learn and a long way to go to feel truly comfortable coming up to those boulders haha. Thankfully we had a spotter on some of the more difficult stuff. It's more mental and comfort level than the capability of the Bronco as many stock Badlands made it no problemo. This thing is just so fun to drive!! Can't wait for the next!

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Need to get a device mount so I can run my GoPro for footage. That last screenshot was from a new buddy's dash cam.

He sent a quick clip of a couple of us leaving. I'm the one in front of him. Was cool seeing it articulate!

Here's that video:

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Here's the video on the Hammer Built Spare Tire Reinforcement kit!

Definitely worth the $!

EDIT: Was able to get you guys a 5% off code. Use code "DOTY" at checkout!

Last edited:

Brethauer04

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Expedition Max Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Jacob - Found your YouTube vid of the Hammer Built reinforcement last night as I just ordered that product and watched all your other Bronco content (subscribed!). I've been a Ford guy since I can remember and the Mustang has been my favorite car since I was like 4 or 5 years old, so looking forward to watching that content too! The Bronco looks sweet man. Anyway, thanks for the YouTube vids - you've given me some inspiration and good info for the future of my Badlands. Followed on IG too. (y)(y)

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Jacob - Found your YouTube vid of the Hammer Built reinforcement last night as I just ordered that product and watched all your other Bronco content (subscribed!). I've been a Ford guy since I can remember and the Mustang has been my favorite car since I was like 4 or 5 years old, so looking forward to watching that content too! The Bronco looks sweet man. Anyway, thanks for the YouTube vids - you've given me some inspiration and good info for the future of my Badlands. Followed on IG too. (y)(y)
Hey man! Thanks for the support and glad you liked the video! I tried to really up the quality for the Bronco videos and run a lav mic under my shirt. That was one of my biggest gripes on my previous videos.

Definitely have work to do on the Mustang so videos coming on that as well!

Sponsored

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The OBX-only cloth roast and black with blue stitching is my favorite Bronco interior by far, but are you tempted to throw some black and white leather in this beast? 🙂

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The OBX-only cloth roast and black with blue stitching is my favorite Bronco interior by far, but are you tempted to throw some black and white leather in this beast? 🙂
That was a huge reason why we spec'd out an OBX.

I'm not against it! Would be nice to have some protection against stands/mud as it's used more and more.

El Diablo

Badlands
First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tesla Model 3 and 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice rig Jacob and youtube channel as well. Just joined the Gold Country Broncos FB group as well. Will go to the next event soon after I get mine hopefully in about 4 weeks. Quick question: Did you still need the 1" spacer on the 3rd light extension to fit your 37's with the offset you have?

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very nice rig Jacob and youtube channel as well. Just joined the Gold Country Broncos FB group as well. Will go to the next event soon after I get mine hopefully in about 4 weeks. Quick question: Did you still need the 1" spacer on the 3rd light extension to fit your 37's with the offset you have?

Thank you man! Hope to see you out there soon!I didn't need a spacer with my -30 offset.

OP
OP
jacobrdoty

jacobrdoty

Outer Banks
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So as everyone knows - the speakers really suck in the Bronco. I have an upgraded sound system in my Mustang accompanied by 2 JL Audio 10" subwoofers and it is the best system I've ever had. Going from that to the base 6 speaker system was hilariously horrible.

Before I swap out all of the speakers and add the subwoofer I wanted to try the Kicker Key 200.4 Amp that lots of people claim fixes the stock setup substantially.

I grabbed one from Amazon (gotta check stock all the time or try Best Buy) and got the Hoel Wiring PnP kit for it. The cool thing about Hoel Wiring kits is you can reach out to him and he'll basically make any wiring harness you need. This means if you don't want to run the Kicker Key but instead run something else - he might be able to make it for you.

I was also able to get a discount code for you guys on Hoel Wiring - use code "Jacob5" for 5% off your order over $50.

Kicker Key 200.4 Amp: https://amzn.to/3AU8n98
Hoel Wiring Plug n Play Harness: https://hoelwiring.com/?sca_ref=2135737.pEvDBJjyfh

Video of the Installation and Setup:
Sponsored