First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing like wrestling with whether the Bronco best fits my needs, and then see these two are on the lot. Fighting the urge to go see them, as it may mean I buy one!

Keep telling myself, unless something changes, Bronco should be here by end of July, unless I get a delay email.

Anyone look at the Ranger Tremors in person?
I just posted these photos in another thread but I’ll post them here as well..
Ford Bronco Yikes, my dealer has two Ranger Tremors in 2F79256B-5FC3-4F96-95AE-9DA64238E7EB

Ford Bronco Yikes, my dealer has two Ranger Tremors in 8E847055-F778-46CA-88D6-BEE10635754E

I own a black Tremor Lariat with performance tuning. I’ve also been able to spend a little time with the Bronco. I can’t speak for how the bronco drives, but the Tremor is amazing both on and off road. Absolutely love the Fox suspension setup. Plenty of power with the 2.3L.

The Bronco and Ranger tremor are VERY close in a lot of ways. Tons of shared components in and out. The Bronco is available with front locker where the Ranger has a limited slip differential of sorts in the front but only when using crawl Control. Both have rear lockers.

If you like trucks, the Ranger Tremor is a fun one to own. More sporty and nimble than the F150. Able to turn sharply on trails still, like a wrangler. The stock Ranger has a terrible suspension setup, but the Fox suspension upgrade with the new leaf springs in the rear make for a completely different ride. Very smooth, yet firm.

Keep in mind that Bronco is based on the Ranger, not the F150. The big take away there is the width of the vehicle. Both are obviously more narrow when compared to F150. It’s a natural transition going from Tremor to Bronco.

I so far have two complaints:

1) brakes are spongy. Typical Ford.
2) infotainment is a little dated, but works quickly and apple carplay makes it mostly a moot point.

The crawl control (also on bronco) is AMAZING. It’ll walk you right over very large obstacles without breaking a sweat.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What do you think of them? I haven't seen one in person. Any pics?
this one is at my dealer and I was tempted. It’ll tow 6900lbs and is pretty competent off-road.
Ford Bronco Yikes, my dealer has two Ranger Tremors in A7026FAF-ACA4-42D2-BCB3-41DA0E597551

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If their pictures online are stock photos, they are a lie. A dealer locally 'had' two posted online a few weeks ago and I inquired about going to test drive one. They send me an email back saying they are not available but would I be interested in these other rangers and sent info on two RWD XL's....yeah...thanks but no thanks...waste of bandwidth.

Sponsored

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry, but if this is CO, it looks better on the Bronco in my opinion. Although I do like the truck. The black Lariat above looks really clean. I struggle with waiting on the Ranger Raptor over the Bronco, but who knows if that ever gonna be an option here in the US. I still reserved a CO Wild track, that most recently I decided the Bad Lands would suit be better. I too, like the towing option on the Ranger vs Bronco, but currently only pull a single axle trailer with less than 2000 pounds. Regardless of what you choose, its your decision and I'm sure either way would be a good choice. I will add the Rangers are not rusting underneath like the new full size trucks are on the lot.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, but if this is CO, it looks better on the Bronco in my opinion.
It looks even better on school buses...

I liked "Saber" a lot better.

If they could put a 6' bed on a crew cab I think I could be pretty happy with a Ranger, just a FX4 will do nicely.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Tru
It looks even better on school buses...

I liked "Saber" a lot better.

If they could put a 6' bed on a crew cab I think I could be pretty happy with a Ranger, just a FX4 will do nicely.
I use to limit funky colored cars I'd drive like yellow, to certain sport cars including Corvettes and Porsches. But something about the way it looks like on the Bronco is different. I will say lately my wife has me considering AB and CG, if white top options become available in the near future.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The utility aspect of the Bronco is starting to scare me as well. I really wish they launched with a Bronco pickup to compete with the gladiator. At fords pace, that could be 5+ years away.

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Me personally, I'll simply never be interested in a 4-door Ranger. Give me a single cab with a longer more usable bed and then I might have to make a tough choice between that and the Bronco. But, sadly, seems that the whole truck industry is just moving on from single cabs and it makes me sad

Sponsored

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Keep telling myself, unless something changes, Bronco should be here by end of July, unless I get a delay email.
I'm going to use this as my new mantra and keep repeating it to myself each day. Thank you.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Me personally, I'll simply never be interested in a 4-door Ranger. Give me a single cab with a longer more usable bed and then I might have to make a tough choice between that and the Bronco. But, sadly, seems that the whole truck industry is just moving on from single cabs and it makes me sad
I have a standard cab Ranger with a 7' bed and I love it. It isn't going anywhere

We are getting a Bronco because now it doesn't work so well for vacations (of the offroad flavor) on its own. A two seater doesn't work well with three butts.

So it is going to have to be a convoy effort because while the Bronco doesn't have a lot of room/payload for gear storage the Ranger with a topper can eat a ton of gear with ease.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My local dealer has a Ranger Roush on the lot
Ford Bronco Yikes, my dealer has two Ranger Tremors in 77656108-F285-47CF-8E4B-3623E810C2F4

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing like wrestling with whether the Bronco best fits my needs, and then see these two are on the lot. Fighting the urge to go see them, as it may mean I buy one!

Anyone look at the Ranger Tremors in person?
I'm shopping them hard, along with F150 Tremor. I can buy a ranger right now... Might cancel my order, idk.

Deleted member 18388

If they made a Ranger Sasquatch or a Raptor with the 7 speed manual, i would be all over it instead of the Bronco.
Sponsored