Sponsored

Yikes, my dealer has two Ranger Tremors in

Deleted member 18388

And to add, my only other hesitation with the new Rangers, is the tiny bed. 6 feet is the smallest i really wanna go. My 2011 has the 6 footer, and I almost wish I had the 7 foot bed that the first gen Ranger offered.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And to add, my only other hesitation with the new Rangers, is the tiny bed. 6 feet is the smallest i really wanna go. My 2011 has the 6 footer, and I almost wish I had the 7 foot bed that the first gen Ranger offered.
I hear you on the bed length. We did just drive by and look at Ranger Tremor. Personally I like the look, and its not a Tacoma (nothing against them, I think they look good), which are everywhere. That 5' bed is tiny though. I mean the 6' isnt huge, but it does make things easier. I dont think I would get the Ranger Tremor, just knowing I have to have the 5' bed.

Then wife says, those look nice, pointing to row of F150's, and then I am back to a nice truck that I think is too damn big for driving around town.

Just sold Mustang, so driveway is nice and empty.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t mind spending money for a vehicle I want, but a 4 cylinder is an entry level engine whether it has 200HP or 800HP, so $40k for a 4 cylinder? Hell no, even if it had decent sized tires.

OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I donā€™t mind spending money for a vehicle I want, but a 4 cylinder is an entry level engine whether it has 200HP or 800HP, so $40k for a 4 cylinder? Hell no, even if it had decent sized tires.
Well I can't say I agree with you there. I personally wouldn't want a V8 anymore. Just my opinion though.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I can't say I agree with you there. I personally wouldn't want a V8 anymore. Just my opinion though.
I donā€™t see the point in spending so much money and still being stuck with a small engine. I didnā€™t put myself through college and work my self up to where I am today to settle for a 4 cylinder.

But the difference is Iā€™m an enthusiast, so I would be frustrated and disappointed in myself every time I drove it. A lot of people donā€™t know or care what happens after you turn the key, more power to them.

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this one is at my dealer and I was tempted. Itā€™ll tow 6900lbs and is pretty competent off-road.
A7026FAF-ACA4-42D2-BCB3-41DA0E597551.jpeg
Man I am looking at the Ranger Tremors too and I love them in CO or cactus gray

Last edited:
OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I get your point. I just don't look at it that way. Power to weight ratio, the 4 is pretty good compared to a lot of trucks. I live in big ass truck land here, and everyone has their V8 or big diesel. Constantly stomping on them. I don't get it. They are still slow as shit, moving all that metal, and most have increased tire size, so it ends up being a lot of noise and unimpressive forward movement.

My first two Mustangs were V8's, then I got the V6, which was so much faster than the previous 2. The 4 cylinder is faster than the V6 with a tune, about the same without. Now the Coyote is much faster, but all they can do is race from light to light up to about 40mph.

On the road track, my V6 was just a hair slower than the Coyote stock for stock, because it handled a wee bit better with the lighter front end.

In the end, we all have our things we like, its cool you like V8's, nothing wrong with that at all! I quit caring when I realized the Tesla next to me, can always blow the doors off most things, so it quit mattering to me.

Variety is the spice of life.

NoleDawg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m in a 2019 Ranger FX4 and love the thing, great little truck. Iā€™m actually in the process of trying to take advantage of this solid trade value market to get into a 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor. The problem is finding a dealer that will play ball with my x-plan and not try to lowball me on the trade.

Still getting the Bronco. The Ranger will be the wifeā€™s daily driver and towing vehicle. If it was an either/or situation Iā€™d go Bronco all the way.

Sundancer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nothing like wrestling with whether the Bronco best fits my needs, and then see these two are on the lot. Fighting the urge to go see them, as it may mean I buy one!

Keep telling myself, unless something changes, Bronco should be here by end of July, unless I get a delay email.

Anyone look at the Ranger Tremors in person?
I looked at one sitting at the dealer a week ago, it sure didn't interest me at all. The Ranger is such a small truck compared to my 2021 F150. Now I saw a few of the big boy Tremor F250-F350 models at another dealer and now your talking a real truck, sticker was 72k on the F250 and close to 80k on the F350. If I was in the market to spend that kind of money it would be one of those trucks, the Raptor holds nothing over them and the poor Bronco well its just a Bronco

whitmack1

Outer Banks
First Name
Whit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Sahara JKU / '18 4Runner TRD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing like wrestling with whether the Bronco best fits my needs, and then see these two are on the lot. Fighting the urge to go see them, as it may mean I buy one!

Keep telling myself, unless something changes, Bronco should be here by end of July, unless I get a delay email.

Anyone look at the Ranger Tremors in person?
When I went to the bronco event at the dealership here, they had a black one that raised my eyebrows. It looked good enough for me to ask myself some serious questions about waiting my reservation out or not. It was cheaper than my build too.

Sponsored

Mark T

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like both also. My hesitation with the Bronco is the lack of power lumbar adjustment (in anything but the Outer Banks, which I don't like the looks of, or the prohibitively expensive (for me) upper end models). I have a bad back - have been in agony on some road trips. The MG vinyl seats do look comfortable though - I would love to read or hear/see more reviews or comments on the seats.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Someone in my neighborhood just purchased a black one. Noticed it on my last walk. Pretty clean truck, but would not get one over a Bronco. But then again I am only buying a Bronco because it is a Bronco, otherwise not really needing a new vehicle.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ummmmā€¦.try ranger5g.com, last I checked this was the site where future Bronco owners await news(the majority at least). Just my 2 centsā€¦if you are on the fence between a pickup and a Bronco you need to sit back and reevaluate what made you reserve a Bronco in the first place. Iā€™m not trying to be a Richard Head but youā€™re comparing apples and oranges there. Good luck figuring it out though

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I would look at one real hard and go drive one if you can. I went to check out a ranger a few months ago and ended up buying one. The main reason I still have a Bronco res is how insane the resale market is right now. I could get out of the truck with no real financial hit at all if I wanted to and jump to the Bronco.

After having the Ranger a few months I doubt I will be buying a Bronco for a few years. The Ranger is just so useful and very capable off-road once you get it set up. The tremor is almost perfect right off the lot. If you want to really push it off-road you can easily move up to 33s with basically no mods on the tremor. Going to 35s will take some work but gas mileage is going to be horrible. In my opinion the stated fuel mileage will be hard to hit on the Bronco with 35s due to the shape. I remember on my FJ once you hit about 75mph the mileage plummeted more so than an average truck due to the brick design. I feel like the bronco might do the same.

I am probably going to keep mine until I can get a bronco with the exact options I want for well under MSRP....

OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ummmmā€¦.try ranger5g.com, last I checked this was the site where future Bronco owners await news(the majority at least). Just my 2 centsā€¦if you are on the fence between a pickup and a Bronco you need to sit back and reevaluate what made you reserve a Bronco in the first place. Iā€™m not trying to be a Richard Head but youā€™re comparing apples and oranges there. Good luck figuring it out though
Totally agree, not sure if I want an apple or orange though. :unsure::ROFLMAO:
Sponsored