Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ummmm….try ranger5g.com, last I checked this was the site where future Bronco owners await news(the majority at least). Just my 2 cents…if you are on the fence between a pickup and a Bronco you need to sit back and reevaluate what made you reserve a Bronco in the first place. I’m not trying to be a Richard Head but you’re comparing apples and oranges there. Good luck figuring it out though
If you don't want to see discussions of other vehicles just stay out of the "Other Vehicles" section. Simple.

Just because you have solidified your decision doesn't mean others have. This is as good a place for those discussions as any.

Comparing vehicles doesn't always need to be apples to apples comparisons.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you don't want to see discussions of other vehicles just stay out of the "Other Vehicles" section. Simple.

Just because you have solidified your decision doesn't mean others have. This is as good a place for those discussions as any.

Comparing vehicles doesn't always need to be apples to apples comparisons.
🤣🤣….sensitive bunch. Enjoy your discussions🤙🏻

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nothing like wrestling with whether the Bronco best fits my needs, and then see these two are on the lot. Fighting the urge to go see them, as it may mean I buy one!

Keep telling myself, unless something changes, Bronco should be here by end of July, unless I get a delay email.

Anyone look at the Ranger Tremors in person?
Tremor is a nice pickup, but that’s it. It’s basically just another truck in a sea of midsize trucks. If that’s what you want, then it’s a great choice. If you want a badass off road open air truck running 35s, then stay the course. They are not in the same ballpark.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Have you watched Doug DeMuro's video on the Tremor?
No, not at all. He's pretty terrible and comes up with outlandish talking points. I would much rather listen to my grandparents argue about AM radio stations than listen to anything by Doug "how has my schtick not gotten old by now?" DeMuro.
Ive seen a couple. Still a boring little truck, with bigger tires.
It's the same size as a 2011 F-150, that was considered quite full size before manufacturers realized that trucks can be too large for home use.

Ranger is "right sized" for all but the most comically endowed individuals.
The utility aspect of the Bronco is starting to scare me as well. I really wish they launched with a Bronco pickup to compete with the gladiator. At fords pace, that could be 5+ years away.
Not sure that makes any business sense right now. The only thing depreciating faster than the Gladiator is the Zimbabwean dollar. Dealerships have essentially stopped ordering them as they are lot cockroaches around here. Shockingly, making an off-road vehicle suck at off roading and suck at being a truck hasn't made their initial sales success sustainable.

If Ford want's to compete against Gladiator, they could simply burn a few railcars worth of cash just to make the process faster.

And to add, my only other hesitation with the new Rangers, is the tiny bed. 6 feet is the smallest i really wanna go. My 2011 has the 6 footer, and I almost wish I had the 7 foot bed that the first gen Ranger offered.
Totally agree with this. Unlikely Ranger will ever get a 7' bed again. It's also why we bought the Super Cab to get the 6' bed. Been an unflappable rig so far. Perfect for those who don't work in construction or think their balls Zach needs to be the size of a grocery bag.

Ford Bronco Yikes, my dealer has two Ranger Tremors in Ranger and Fleetline 2

I don’t mind spending money for a vehicle I want, but a 4 cylinder is an entry level engine whether it has 200HP or 800HP, so $40k for a 4 cylinder? Hell no, even if it had decent sized tires.
Looking at your vehicle list, I can see why you think this. It can be difficult having GM products.

However, having owned a 550-600 all-wheel-horsepower Mitsubishi Evolution (2.0 ltr inline 4) and regularly beating corvettes and 911's around race tracks, I couldn't help but laugh at how strange your comment is. Somehow rally racing has been able to "make due" with 4 cylinder cars for the past few decades. If only they had a "real" vehicle like an H2, right!!!!

I’m in a 2019 Ranger FX4 and love the thing, great little truck. I’m actually in the process of trying to take advantage of this solid trade value market to get into a 2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor. The problem is finding a dealer that will play ball with my x-plan and not try to lowball me on the trade.

Still getting the Bronco. The Ranger will be the wife’s daily driver and towing vehicle. If it was an either/or situation I’d go Bronco all the way.
Can absolutely see you trading your Ranger in as you want and having essentially zero negative equity in the Ranger. Dealership will make more on your used vehicle than they will with the Tremor, especially if the customer isn't using captive financing.

Ranger is the GF's and i'll have the Bronco. Interestingly this will be my first Ford vehicle produced after 1963. Pretty sure a few things have changed since then.

OP
OP

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I am so close, I will likely just wait and get the Bronco, unless the June 28th week slides significantly. Likely can always sell it in 6 months or year if I decide it was a poor decision.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's the same size as a 2011 F-150, that was considered quite full size before manufacturers realized that trucks can be too large for home use.
Are you saying the Ranger is the same size as a 2011 F-150? F-150 has basically cast the same shadow 04-present and the Ranger new or old is in no way remotely close to the same size.

A 19+ is within inches of the wheelbase of an Supercab 86-11 Ranger (125" vs 127") and slightly wider on the outside but they feel very similar in width on the inside.

When they first came out I parked my '85 next to one and was very surprised how similar in size they were. For height my Ranger has a 3" lift and rides on 31's similar to a new Ranger.

48223245117_24aa216833_c.jpg

48223244902_372df6b1f8_c.jpg

48223190171_eb407a7443_c.jpg

48223244467_4c4d5655d4_c.jpg

Ranger is "right sized" for all but the most comically endowed individuals.
I am 6'-3" and have been had the same standard cab longbox Ranger since my sophmore year in 2000.

I was totally gung ho for the new Ranger when it launched (I was there in Detroit when it launched) After sitting in one and looking at the room in the back seat I balked. With carseats in the back it wasn't going to be a super awesome and the tiny bed did little to sweeten the deal.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I wouldn't even consider a Ranger right now with the next gen right around the corner. The current platform is pretty dated and IMO boring.

onetong8r

Base
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, VW Beetle, Jeep TJ, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What kind of cup holders does the Ranger have? That should weigh in on the decision so I'm told. :)

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Owning a new 2wd Ranger Super Cab I will say it is a quite impressive truck. Comfortable, smooth ride (but it is a truck, so that means something different), great driving, and agile. The 2.3L with the 10 speed auto work quite well together. Of course the Bronco, and the Ranger are 2 different animals. If one needs the added tow rating, and is a novice to medium off roader like me the Ranger Tremor would do the job nicely. But it ain't a Bronco, so the choice is a difficult one at best.

Ford Bronco Yikes, my dealer has two Ranger Tremors in 100_5256.JPG

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure that makes any business sense right now. The only thing depreciating faster than the Gladiator is the Zimbabwean dollar. Dealerships have essentially stopped ordering them as they are lot cockroaches around here. Shockingly, making an off-road vehicle suck at off roading and suck at being a truck hasn't made their initial sales success sustainable.

If Ford want's to compete against Gladiator, they could simply burn a few railcars worth of cash just to make the process faster.
IMO the gladiator is a better off-road vehicle and a comparable truck to the Ranger plus it has a removable top and doors. I just wish it was made by Ford. Well, actually Honda or Toyota but Ford over FCA.
Sponsored