Sponsored

Yikes! Sasquatch Springs and Shocks Lifted my 2 Door Black Diamond 3+ Inches. Need help!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also, I find it concerning that there is now a second High Ride rear shock choice. Per "The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes"
there is only one choice (MB3Z-18125-K).
I just ran a VIN of a similar 4 door bronco and it came back with the MB3Z-18125-K. So it looks as if the information in that post you’re talking about is either incorrect or outdated. The 2 door and 4 door rear shock is not the same.
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds like they need to do a proper alignment. Mine is lifted 3 1/2” and drives straight and confident as it did (maybe better) than stick height. Make sure they use Sasquatch alignment specs. Not the stock specs.

orion

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like they need to do a proper alignment. Mine is lifted 3 1/2” and drives straight and confident as it did (maybe better) than stick height. Make sure they use Sasquatch alignment specs. Not the stock specs.
There's alignment specs for SAS and non SAS? You got details on this, where to find, etc...

TIA!

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Jeep XJs, Dodge M880, Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, I found a VIN to look it up. The part numbers are straight out of HVBOM. I haven’t looked through that post that you’re referencing, all I know is those are the part numbers listed for this bronco:

B1C20D1B-E12C-467E-BD0E-1E8923A628E7.jpeg
Thanks. Now at least I'm certain to get the right springs.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I should still have my center axle to fender measurements written down from when I did my install. I'm at work now, but I'll try to find them tomorrow so you at least have a reference of where you should be.

Also, my above picture was with 33s, so if you still have the stock tires, the fender space probably looks huge.

I'm actually removing mine Monday and replacing with Icons. I'll measure again and see how much they settled with 10 months of hard use.
I would appreciate those measurements. I'm running 33s too. So they should be comparable. Also, which shock (part number) did you use in the rear? I'm a little concerned that even if I swap out the springs, the rear may still be too tall.

Any idea what the difference is between the MB3Z-5560-F and MB3Z-5560-K rear shocks? Is it the perch height, valving or both?

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you end up just swapping out the coils let me know, I could use them.
That's probably what I'll be doing. I'll let you know tomorrow. Thanks.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There's alignment specs for SAS and non SAS? You got details on this, ywhere to find, etc...

TIA!
I do not have the specs they were listed but yes definitely different specs. Found this
Ford Bronco Yikes! Sasquatch Springs and Shocks Lifted my 2 Door Black Diamond 3+ Inches. Need help! 85F1D13F-CAF4-4678-AE77-2F8DA8DCD66F

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would appreciate those measurements. I'm running 33s too. So they should be comparable. Also, which shock (part number) did you use in the rear? I'm a little concerned that even if I swap out the springs, the rear may still be too tall.

Any idea what the difference is between the MB3Z-5560-F and MB3Z-5560-K rear shocks? Is it the perch height, valving or both?

The shocks and springs I used were based on Badlands specs, so they would be different than what you would need for the Squatch package.

I could not find where I had written all my measurements down, but did find where at one point I had measured the center hub/axle to fender at 23 3/8 inches for the rear with the Hitachis. I measured today and am at 25 inches at the rear. So after 10 months of use, I am at 1 5/8 inch lift using the Badlands Bilsteins. That measurement is center hub to metal fender, not the plastic flare.

Sponsored
OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you end up just swapping out the coils let me know, I could use them.
The springs will be available later this week (along with the shocks and insulators). PM if you're still interested. Thanks.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What did your measurements end up being? I just replaced my Bilsteins with Icons and am at 27.5 inches rear, 26.6 inches front center hub to fender.

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What did your measurements end up being? I just replaced my Bilsteins with Icons and am at 27.5 inches rear, 26.6 inches front center hub to fender.
It's still at the shop (undrivable) and I haven't had the chance to measure it myself. The shop manager told me that he did pre and post measurements and that my eyes are correct--it sits 3" taller than stock.

I'm certain that I bought the wrong springs and possibly the wrong rear shocks. I've decided to not gamble with it anymore (I have a trip coming up soon), cut my losses, reinstall the base suspension with a 1" spacer lift (front and back), and live with it that way for now.

Did you install ICON coilovers or just the shocks (EXP)? The EXP shocks was an option I was considering, but decided to go the Sasquatch route to get additional suspension travel and save a few bucks. Obviously that turned out poorly. With hind sight, I should have gone with the ICON EXPs. Oh well.

Last edited:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you install ICON coilovers or just the shocks (EXP)? The EXP shocks was an option I was considering, but decided to go the Sasquatch route to get additional suspension travel and save a few bucks. Obviously that turned out poorly. With hind sight, I should have gone with the ICON EXPs. Oh well.
I went with EXPs up front, which is why I'm looking for coils. Didn't want to reuse mine. They seemed to have the least drawbacks of the cheaper stuff.

OP
OP
MoabRox

MoabRox

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I went with EXPs up front, which is why I'm looking for coils. Didn't want to reuse mine. They seemed to have the least drawbacks of the cheaper stuff.
Given what I know now, I should have gone with the EXPs. It's a better shock than the stock Bilsteins. The only drawback with the EXPs is that by reusing the stock coils, the suspension travel stays the same. I was aiming to improve that with the Sasquatch suspension--although not by very much. I should have just accepted the fact that without spending a ton of money, my Bronco will never get anywhere near the suspension travel that my (now my son's) XJ has.
Sponsored