You CAN move your Bronco reservation as of TODAY!!!

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

I called the line again today after about a month... was on hold for about 40 min. The rep was nice enough, however, said there was nothing she could do.. it's all in the hands of Ford Corporate at this time. Everything is in my file -- my first call time, what I said, the dealer I want to transfer from/to, etc.. Told me I would just have to wait for Ford to send me an e-mail. She said I was the fourth transfer call she received today (called around 9:30 am PST)... So.. basically, hands are tied and there isn't crap I can do but wait. At this point, I feel like either I keep my original - which puts my allocation to next year anyways (7/31 res time, not that it matters anymore)... or just try to order new... and see what comes in first. As someone stated earlier, I have never worked so damn hard to try to give a company $60K before. It's becoming exhausting.
Sorry to read this, but it is expected. I've come to the conclusion that there is no process. We are just being led along. I would recommend keeping your original reservation and placing new orders. Place as many as you can. Surely, Ford doesn't want a bunch of bogus orders, but they are forcing you to play their game with rules they change as they see fit. First order that comes in gets the money and the others can be built for dealer stock.
Advertisement

Drex

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Bronco
Badlands
Sorry to read this, but it is expected. I've come to the conclusion that there is no process. We are just being led along. I would recommend keeping your original reservation and placing new orders. Place as many as you can. Surely, Ford doesn't want a bunch of bogus orders, but they are forcing you to play their game with rules they change as they see fit. First order that comes in gets the money and the others can be built for dealer stock.
Yep, giving you a slightly better chance at shaving some time off at the expense of the number of 'orders' you blow off making other real reservationists wait even longer. While technically a dick move, nobody will seriously blame you for doing it. Ford owns every bit of this fiasco. The constraints make the allocation addition even worse.

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Bronco
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, giving you a slightly better chance at shaving some time off at the expense of the number of 'orders' you blow off making other real reservationists wait even longer. While technically a dick move, nobody will seriously blame you for doing it. Ford owns every bit of this fiasco. The constraints make the allocation addition even worse.
I hate the idea that I may bump another, but I don't look it as that with the new orders. I'm essentially at the end of the line with the new dealers, but they so happen to have enough anticipated allocation to satisfy all their orders for MY'22. I'm in allocation purgatory with my original reservation at Granger looking at MY'25 for a reservation made in October 2020. Ford has to be high if they think someone will just sit back for 5 years while they restrict deliveries.

Now, potentially my abandoned orders that are built after the first delivery could be viewed as one less Bronco going to a reservation holder. But with the large allocation dealers, that Bronco would be built regardless of a reservation holder waiting at Granger or other restricted dealership. None of the new order dealers asked for any deposit as with the lower name match policy, it has no effect on them. Dealer stock is limited to the 2.3 Moar Door Softie. They want an "abandoned" retail order that can be specked without limitation.

Edit: And for the record, I will cancel the "abandoned" orders after the first delivery just to keep my conscience clear that I am not hurting other reservation holders waiting. But I don't expect any of the dealers to actually follow through with the request. My name is attached so the retail order goes into the order banks, but they will just conveniently lose my contact information when they are built/delivered.

pony2bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never Ford again after this
Bronco
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've come to the conclusion that there is no process. We are just being led along.
It's a conclusion that we have all came to, but one you have to reach for yourself. There is no santa claus.

I definitely agree with all you guys placing more orders, I did the same. I've had luck calling dealers and flat out asking if they have 2022 allocation still, and almost every dealer I have called has been honest and answered flat out no. Bets bets are large-medium sized dealers. I've also been trying to search up how many Sports they have listed too (that is a good indicator, counts for 25% of Bronco allocation).

okbob

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I called the line again today after about a month... was on hold for about 40 min. The rep was nice enough, however, said there was nothing she could do.. it's all in the hands of Ford Corporate at this time. Everything is in my file -- my first call time, what I said, the dealer I want to transfer from/to, etc.. Told me I would just have to wait for Ford to send me an e-mail. She said I was the fourth transfer call she received today (called around 9:30 am PST)... So.. basically, hands are tied and there isn't crap I can do but wait. At this point, I feel like either I keep my original - which puts my allocation to next year anyways (7/31 res time, not that it matters anymore)... or just try to order new... and see what comes in first. As someone stated earlier, I have never worked so damn hard to try to give a company $60K before. It's becoming exhausting.
Unfortunately that was my quote lol. Not sure if will do me any good, but since I gave up on the transfer, it does feel to know I at least have a chance with an order placed opposed to zero chance while waiting on Ford.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
EMC
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing Cool
Bronco
Base
Clubs

It's a conclusion that we have all came to, but one you have to reach for yourself. There is no santa claus.

I definitely agree with all you guys placing more orders, I did the same. I've had luck calling dealers and flat out asking if they have 2022 allocation still, and almost every dealer I have called has been honest and answered flat out no. Bets bets are large-medium sized dealers. I've also been trying to search up how many Sports they have listed too (that is a good indicator, counts for 25% of Bronco allocation).
Wound up putting two in at dealers that loosely fit those descriptions. We'll see what happens. If it arrives by the end of Q2 '23 I'm happy. It'll still be before I ever see my Granger reservation built.

Guess I'll keep the reservation for a while to see what other bullshit swag is sent my way, but have absolutely zero faith in it ever being moved.

mdk100

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, Mach e on order
Bronco
Black Diamond
Unfortunately, I don’t know what we can do at this point to press Ford on the topic. I asked @[email protected] if he’d seen any transfers, but heard nothing. So I don’t know if Ford has approved anything. Either we’re being ignored, or maybe there’s something being worked that will be rolled out at some point. It’s not like any of us are in line to get a Bronco in the next few months, so Ford is under no pressure to do anything now.

Technically the dealers are Ford’s customers and there are lots of laws on the books about how they need to be treated. So maybe Ford is collecting all the data and will make some sort of announcement in the future. They could solve the problem by allowing transfers or adjusting their allocation model to get more of us our Broncos from the current dealer of record. I suspect either option might have legal implication with the dealer community, so they might take their time making that decision.

If it’s too risky for them, I’d at least appreciate their telling me that so I can place another order. I lose my time stamp and go to the back of the line, but at least I know where I stand. But I’m slightly optimistic that maybe no news is good news.

But then I’ve ordered a Bronco, so I’m clearly a wild eyed optimist!

GiveItaTri

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Big Bend
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I don't mean to sound optimistic, but there may have been a little progress today, as it relates to my dealer change request. I won't go over the long process, but I'll tell you I submitted my request on October 15. That's almost 7 weeks ago. I've made many, many phone calls and even asked for help/harassed Levine and Ford on Twitter. I reached out to Levine on Twitter again last night and this morning I called the "help"-line again. The customer service rep looked into my case (again) and said my change had been submitted to my new dealer for their approval (they've never said that before). Also, the Ford Twitter account reached out to me this morning and offered to help (again). This time they got back to me and said my chosen dealer is willing to accommodate my order and there may be another 1-2 week delay before the dealer change confirmation is received. (Two weeks ago Ford twitter said there was nothing to do but wait. Today's response was more positive.)

I know we have all been lied to by Ford, and maybe I'm a fool for thinking this could be actual progress, but I'm so tired of being beaten down that I'm going to hope this is a light at the end of a long tunnel - not a train.

[email protected]

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Bronco
Wildtrak
Unfortunately, I don’t know what we can do at this point to press Ford on the topic. I asked @[email protected] if he’d seen any transfers, but heard nothing. So I don’t know if Ford has approved anything. Either we’re being ignored, or maybe there’s something being worked that will be rolled out at some point. It’s not like any of us are in line to get a Bronco in the next few months, so Ford is under no pressure to do anything now.

Technically the dealers are Ford’s customers and there are lots of laws on the books about how they need to be treated. So maybe Ford is collecting all the data and will make some sort of announcement in the future. They could solve the problem by allowing transfers or adjusting their allocation model to get more of us our Broncos from the current dealer of record. I suspect either option might have legal implication with the dealer community, so they might take their time making that decision.

If it’s too risky for them, I’d at least appreciate their telling me that so I can place another order. I lose my time stamp and go to the back of the line, but at least I know where I stand. But I’m slightly optimistic that maybe no news is good news.

We're not being informed when a transfer happens. We sit in the dark on this stuff as opposed to the last time this happened before orders were placed.

mdk100

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, Mach e on order
Bronco
Black Diamond
Success!!

I just had the strangest call with the Ford center…guy couldn’t find my order, couldn’t see any notes on my transfer request…went quiet many times - then relayed that my order was with my requested new dealer. I called them and confirmed.
So it seems to have worked!!
1638300086406.gif

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, Baby Bronco (Badlands)
Bronco
Badlands
Success!!

I just had the strangest call with the Ford center…guy couldn’t find my order, couldn’t see any notes on my transfer request…went quiet many times - then relayed that my order was with my requested new dealer. I called them and confirmed.
1638300086406.gif
ZOMG thx for the update, a new hope, broncos for everyone!

So that's actually happened to me like early Nov where the Ford marketing rep couldn't find my order/reservation anymore, strangest thing; thought maybe that was good news that it was being processed but radio silence since then and subsequent reps found my order, albeit with the old dealer, just fine in the system. Still hoping!

PXL_20211104_001417551.jpg

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Bronco
Outer Banks
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I had that same conversation with my wife today. I'm hoping to hear some type of news, good or bad, by the middle of '22. If not Ford can take my Bronco reservation, and cram it up their collective......well, you know where. I'm moving onto one of the many other plans I have rattling around in my big ol' dumb head. Screw Ford, they don't owe me anything. But in reverse, I don't owe them a damned thing either. As Popeye used to say, "That's all I can stands, I can't stands no more".

ultima785

Badlands
First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 Mustang, Baby Bronco (Badlands)
Bronco
Badlands
Success!!

1638300086406.gif
And this was a converted order you say? Not just a 99'd reservation?

Advertisement

Advertisement