Sponsored

You CAN move your Bronco reservation as of TODAY!!!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Threw in the towel today....I think. Another 53 min on hold and the call dropped. Called my current dealer and placed an order, Ford isn't going to come through on this imo. Now, if I can't get a hold of anyone on the bronco hot line, how do I tell them I no longer want the reservation transfer lol?

I'm afraid if my current dealer has any 22' allocations at all, if I don't order, I'll for sure never get one. Good luck to anyone else still hanging in there.
Sadly, I think you'll have to endure the hold/call-back process. Just place it on speakerphone and go about doing something else. I would definitely formalize the stop transfer request. With your luck, your original dealer will have allocation, but your transfer will go through where you have to wait in purgatory for another dealer's allocation.

It's frustrating for sure. I threw in the towel as I don't believe any converted orders are being transferred with any regularity despite Levine claiming that you can.

My advice is to play the game that Ford wants. Find those large dealers with plenty of allocation and place a new order. Most won't bother with deposits and will be selling at MSRP. Having a retail order gives them the 10-19 priority code and they can order whatever option the customer wants. Whereas if they submit dealer stock orders to supplement their orders to meet their allocation quota, those orders are limited in options (Base, BB, OBX - all standard/mid; 2.3L; softies) and are given a PC of 80. The dealership wants a retail order in the banks even if the person doesn't follow through with the order.

Cast as many lines as you can manage. The more lines in the water increases the likelihood of catching a fish.
Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I firmly believe that there is no process and not a single converted order transfer has gone through. Aside from the initial rejections, nobody has heard so much as a peep. I would not be surprised if Ford doesn't have a team assigned to this at all. Even before the 3rd party call center they setup, the initial Ford marketing team had no contact with the "back end" and had no clue who was supposed to even look at the requests.

To further reinforce this, the # of orders at the big 3 dealers with thousands of orders that a lot of us are stuck in have not changed.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Called today around Noon. Spoke with Priscilla, as I got right in with no hold time. She then transferred me to the Bronco team to see if they had anymore information. Kim then answered with the New Vehicle Support Team. She was able to see my case number and had all my history of calling to check in. She also said they are not giving any time frames as Ford is having to call both dealerships to confirm the changes. She claimed that this is taking much longer than they had planned for. She had no idea when my case would be handled. I am going to check in with Granger and my 'new' dealership to make sure they are aware. She did confirm transfers are being processed, just slowly.

Have you had any further progress? I was given a case # 11/10, they told me they escalated it but it would take 10-14 days for the transfer. Followed up last week, and was told they would escalate it further to the manager. Got ahold of them again today - was again told it would be escalated and I should be called in 3-5 working days.....thinking she just was using the holiday weekend to their benefit. NO NOTES on progress on the case, just my calls and what they "promised">

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you had any further progress? I was given a case # 11/10, they told me they escalated it but it would take 10-14 days for the transfer. Followed up last week, and was told they would escalate it further to the manager. Got ahold of them again today - was again told it would be escalated and I should be called in 3-5 working days.....thinking she just was using the holiday weekend to their benefit. NO NOTES on progress on the case, just my calls and what they "promised">
No, I have not called since my last update.

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No, I have not called since my last update.
You might want to call again to verify something is being done.
Each time that I was able to get through within 10 minutes and was just after lunchtime or later in the afternoon.

It "seems" these are people hired just to be nice, I'm not feeling very confident that they are actually moving these cases along. Chatted a bit being extra nice today and caught some plays on words that were more of a deflection.

ex: the 3-5 business days that I was quoted today over a holiday weekend would add on an extra week - I mentioned that would make it well over a month since the initial call, it which I was quoted 10-14 days for an expedited case and caught her stumbling for a response. I changed the subject to Thanksgiving, knowing she was only doing the job she was hired to do.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I called today to tell them I wanted to cancel my transfer request, she answered on the first ring, zero hold time. Monday and Tuesday I was on hold until the calls dropped. She said she would submit my request to cancel my transfer request..........lol so who knows what's going on there other than what we need them to do.

mdk100

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Cayenne, BMW X3e, 2 door BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m starting to wonder if this is just a “rope-a-dope” strategy. They have a count on the affected customers across the three big dealers. Everyone else is likely a rounding error. So they know the worst case scenario of folks dropping out, which is in the hundreds. Not a big hit given total orders.

After the first round of complaints, we’ll all tire ourselves out on the call center. Problem solved from Ford’s perspective.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m starting to wonder if this is just a “rope-a-dope” strategy. They have a count on the affected customers across the three big dealers. Everyone else is likely a rounding error. So they know the worst case scenario of folks dropping out, which is in the hundreds. Not a big hit given total orders.

After the first round of complaints, we’ll all tire ourselves out on the call center. Problem solved from Ford’s perspective.
Agreed.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So basically Ford has zero incentive to help us out in the end. Aside from twitter and calling Ford (both have failed at this point I'd say), can anyone think of a way to incentivize them to take action on these? Or a way to make it more costly for them not to?

PlayUltimate

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota. 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I called the line again today after about a month... was on hold for about 40 min. The rep was nice enough, however, said there was nothing she could do.. it's all in the hands of Ford Corporate at this time. Everything is in my file -- my first call time, what I said, the dealer I want to transfer from/to, etc.. Told me I would just have to wait for Ford to send me an e-mail. She said I was the fourth transfer call she received today (called around 9:30 am PST)... So.. basically, hands are tied and there isn't crap I can do but wait. At this point, I feel like either I keep my original - which puts my allocation to next year anyways (7/31 res time, not that it matters anymore)... or just try to order new... and see what comes in first. As someone stated earlier, I have never worked so damn hard to try to give a company $60K before. It's becoming exhausting.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I called the line again today after about a month... was on hold for about 40 min. The rep was nice enough, however, said there was nothing she could do.. it's all in the hands of Ford Corporate at this time. Everything is in my file -- my first call time, what I said, the dealer I want to transfer from/to, etc.. Told me I would just have to wait for Ford to send me an e-mail. She said I was the fourth transfer call she received today (called around 9:30 am PST)... So.. basically, hands are tied and there isn't crap I can do but wait. At this point, I feel like either I keep my original - which puts my allocation to next year anyways (7/31 res time, not that it matters anymore)... or just try to order new... and see what comes in first. As someone stated earlier, I have never worked so damn hard to try to give a company $60K before. It's becoming exhausting.
Sorry to read this, but it is expected. I've come to the conclusion that there is no process. We are just being led along. I would recommend keeping your original reservation and placing new orders. Place as many as you can. Surely, Ford doesn't want a bunch of bogus orders, but they are forcing you to play their game with rules they change as they see fit. First order that comes in gets the money and the others can be built for dealer stock.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to read this, but it is expected. I've come to the conclusion that there is no process. We are just being led along. I would recommend keeping your original reservation and placing new orders. Place as many as you can. Surely, Ford doesn't want a bunch of bogus orders, but they are forcing you to play their game with rules they change as they see fit. First order that comes in gets the money and the others can be built for dealer stock.
Yep, giving you a slightly better chance at shaving some time off at the expense of the number of 'orders' you blow off making other real reservationists wait even longer. While technically a dick move, nobody will seriously blame you for doing it. Ford owns every bit of this fiasco. The constraints make the allocation addition even worse.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep, giving you a slightly better chance at shaving some time off at the expense of the number of 'orders' you blow off making other real reservationists wait even longer. While technically a dick move, nobody will seriously blame you for doing it. Ford owns every bit of this fiasco. The constraints make the allocation addition even worse.
I hate the idea that I may bump another, but I don't look it as that with the new orders. I'm essentially at the end of the line with the new dealers, but they so happen to have enough anticipated allocation to satisfy all their orders for MY'22. I'm in allocation purgatory with my original reservation at Granger looking at MY'25 for a reservation made in October 2020. Ford has to be high if they think someone will just sit back for 5 years while they restrict deliveries.

Now, potentially my abandoned orders that are built after the first delivery could be viewed as one less Bronco going to a reservation holder. But with the large allocation dealers, that Bronco would be built regardless of a reservation holder waiting at Granger or other restricted dealership. None of the new order dealers asked for any deposit as with the lower name match policy, it has no effect on them. Dealer stock is limited to the 2.3 Moar Door Softie. They want an "abandoned" retail order that can be specked without limitation.

Edit: And for the record, I will cancel the "abandoned" orders after the first delivery just to keep my conscience clear that I am not hurting other reservation holders waiting. But I don't expect any of the dealers to actually follow through with the request. My name is attached so the retail order goes into the order banks, but they will just conveniently lose my contact information when they are built/delivered.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I've come to the conclusion that there is no process. We are just being led along.
It's a conclusion that we have all came to, but one you have to reach for yourself. There is no santa claus.

I definitely agree with all you guys placing more orders, I did the same. I've had luck calling dealers and flat out asking if they have 2022 allocation still, and almost every dealer I have called has been honest and answered flat out no. Bets bets are large-medium sized dealers. I've also been trying to search up how many Sports they have listed too (that is a good indicator, counts for 25% of Bronco allocation).

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately that was my quote lol. Not sure if will do me any good, but since I gave up on the transfer, it does feel to know I at least have a chance with an order placed opposed to zero chance while waiting on Ford.
Sponsored