Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fellow WA resident here. This looks so fun! What is the trail's name?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ 24:10 someone just leave a snow mobile sitting there? LOL

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a northerner (MI) with the same build, I really appreciate you sharing your video. Sounds like you realized you didnā€™t have sufficient winter wear if you did have to leave the vehicle. Iā€™ll have to remember that on my adventures. Safe travels!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a northerner (MI) with the same build, I really appreciate you sharing your video. Sounds like you realized you didnā€™t have sufficient winter wear if you did have to leave the vehicle. Iā€™ll have to remember that on my adventures. Safe travels!
I had my backup gear and the essentials in my backpack, so I wasn't unprepared by any means. Just didn't have my favorite stuff :( . No way I would have been up there otherwise.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very nice video, thanks. At first I thought, oh jeez this is a long one but I ended up watching it twice. I like your style: solo but cautious. I know youā€™re not supposed to go out by yourself but thereā€™s something particularly surreal to enjoy about being all alone.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She's pretty, making me rethink my choice of Eruption Green, I'm loving the CO on the your 2 door Squatch. I'm also thinking about Shadow Black and a wrap in a vintage color. Thoughts?
If youā€™re going for a vintage look, consider white and wrapping it so you can leave the cage white when the top is off. Would give it a cool look like the Cactus Gray concept vehicle from the initial release.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True dat, though fresh KO2s do a good job on both snow and ice. Driving all winter to Fernie for the past 22 years, Iā€™ve used a lot of M+S and winters and I know which M+S tires are hopeless, which are not bad, and which ones I would use confidently.

The winter/tire package I got when I bought my 2019 F150 were the first winters Iā€™ve ever run on a 4WD pickup. It is obvious how much better they are once you use them, but I have safely travelled through some seriously crap conditions in all snow conditions with Bridgestone REVOs and BFG KO2s with the pickups. I feared for my life with the Pirelli Scorpions on ice. They werenā€™t much better in the snow either.

Iā€™m not sure yet how the KO2s will work this winter on the 33s with the BL, but I suspect they will be pretty good. Good tires are a must where I go in the winter, like you.

Thanks for the input!
100% agree.

Part of the reason (the pricing being other part) why I got the Badlands trim without the Sasquatch package is because of the BFG KO2 tires, which are by far my favorite all-around all-season all-weather tire.

I was worried about the Sasquatch tires in the snow... mud-terrain tires in my experience traditionally aren't all that great in the snow. But I learned today that Wrangler Territory tires in the Sas package aren't mud-terrain tires. Goodyear says the "MT" actually stands for "maximum traction", and the tire is more of a hybrid tire that is designed for everyday use. Why Goodyear didn't just call them a R/T or an X/T tire I have no idea... but whatever.

"Maximum traction" kind of sounds like stupid marketing lingo to me... but my guess Ford walked up to Goodyear and said, "hey we need a tire that looks like a mud-terrain tire, but actually behaves more like an all-terrain tire". And the Goodyear Wrangler Territory is what Goodyear came up with.

Anyway, looks like the Sas tires do okay in the snow, so perhaps I was worried for no reason.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice video, thanks. At first I thought, oh jeez this is a long one but I ended up watching it twice. I like your style: solo but cautious. I know youā€™re not supposed to go out by yourself but thereā€™s something particularly surreal to enjoy about being all alone.
Thanks for the feedback. Typically I wouldn't make a video that long, being a first experience with these broncos I wanted to show plenty of footage of how it was performing. This was very good snow, but even with great snow, switchbacks and steep inclines typically cause problems. The Bronco made it look easy. As you will see in future videos, it won't always be that easy. The belly clearance on the bronco is too low, and I predict much shoveling!

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope! Snow = rust Iā€™ll keep mine in the desert šŸ˜‚
It's not the snow, it's the salt and chemicals they put on the roads. We don't get enough lowland snow in washington to be a problem. Let it snow!