Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FWIW, Ford sells probably 10x as many F150s... and spans a really wide range from your contractor trucks to your luxury platinums. So its not shocking they would have 2 whites. Im also guessing that they only do 1 white in each of the factories... gets hard to distinguish which white gas cap is which, unless you barcode everything... which is expensive.

the tri-coat white would have been an upcharged paint too, Some might be ok with that, some might have been unhappy with that.
Good points.
I am leaning toward Oxford because in AZ a non-metallic white will be cooler, won't fade, and easy to touch up. But I really like Leadfoot and Blue Jeans. Green or brown would be even sweeter.
Sponsored

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love Blue Jeans - one of my favorite F150 colors. Shame they don't have it for the Bronco. I think they even dropped it for the '21 F150.

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

with the black top either way (or no top), I dont think the body color will have a significant impact on cabin temps, FWIW.
In southern Arizona it has some impact... Maybe not much impact on the cabin (esp. with a good A/C system), but the engine bay is warmer and I've burned myself on car doors before. Part of why I really, really want a white top. Most places, though, you are right, probably no significant difference.

Tons of people here have black cars... I really don't understand. I had a black car when we first moved here 30 years ago, and I really don't ever want another unless I move to a place where you can't bake cookies on the dash board.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Iconic Silver looking "magical" under cloud cover.
20201025_075747-jpg.jpg
You convinced me to go with Iconic...though I might only take it out on cloudy days.

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You convinced me to go with Iconic...though I might only take it out on cloudy days.
Ha, ha. At least you have lots more cloudy days than I would.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is a great suggestion. Wish I would have thought of it today too since we probably won't have clouds again for some time and I'd like to see the reds in differing light... Funny because I live only a couple miles from Jim Click as well.

OP
OP
RBF 1401

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a great suggestion. Wish I would have thought of it today too since we probably won't have clouds again for some time and I'd like to see the reds in differing light... Funny because I live only a couple miles from Jim Click as well.
Holmes Tuttle had a 1970 EB in there lobby a few weeks back. (But they are lame at HT, so I will be doing to Oct. @Granger Ford deal since I was probably going to go to Phoenix anyway.)
Ford Bronco You need to see colors in person. 20200915_174453

It might still be cloudy tomorrow morning.

SamR

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Holmes Tuttle had a 1970 EB in there lobby a few weeks back. (But they are lame at HT, so I will be doing to Oct. @Granger Ford deal since I was probably going to go to Phoenix
Yep, I'm originally from just north of Grainger so I put in my reservation with them a week or so ago. The wife and I will see some friends/family after picking it up and then do a road trip back to Tucson.

I did see that it was to be cloudy tomorrow but the wife works from home and I commute. I want her to be there as well since she just mentioned yesterday she will pay for half and color is one of the things she is most concerned about.

Sponsored

Delasangre

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FWIW, Ford sells probably 10x as many F150s... and spans a really wide range from your contractor trucks to your luxury platinums. So its not shocking they would have 2 whites. Im also guessing that they only do 1 white in each of the factories... gets hard to distinguish which white gas cap is which, unless you barcode everything... which is expensive.
Have you ever watched a car factory documentary? They literally do barcode everything. I remember watching a Porsche documentary once and they rolled cars through one single paint booth in no particular order, so one car it would paint white, and then the robotic paint guns would clear themselves and switch to red, and the very next car that rolled in would be sprayed red. There is no possible way that its hard for Ford to add paint colors, the only excuse is a shit marketing team who determined for hundreds of thousands of us that we all would be happy with these colors.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been hard up for VB for awhile now, then last night I got on a AMB kick, even A51 ....wt hell this come from??? LOL
Ford Bronco You need to see colors in person. 1604177000261

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love Blue Jeans - one of my favorite F150 colors. Shame they don't have it for the Bronco. I think they even dropped it for the '21 F150.
I have a feeling the AMB is going to be VERY close to Blue Jeans once we see it on the lots.