You seasoned Ford Guys: your opinion on the 2.3 Turbo?

OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Black Diamond
First Name
Red
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Full disclosure here:

A.) I'm new to Ford
B.) I'm new to turbos

With that said, Ford's bumper to bumper on this vehicle is 3/36, and the powertrain is 5/60, if you get the factory tune, is the factory tune shortening the warranty of the powertrain to 3/36 as well?

Advertisement

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Clubs

Full disclosure here:

A.) I'm new to Ford
B.) I'm new to turbos

With that said, Ford's bumper to bumper on this vehicle is 3/36, and the powertrain is 5/60, if you get the factory tune, is the factory tune shortening the warranty of the powertrain to 3/36 as well?
D7503F12-0CC7-480A-9753-D16ECC43A406.jpeg

This is from 2015, but I’m thinking it’s still the same.

Austin26

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
My only experience and comparison to this are both of my 2005 Nissan Xterras.

Their curb weight reported back then was between 4,081 to 4,392 lbs depending on options, V6 @ 265 HP.

One has 33's on 3.36 gears.
The other has 35's on 4.56 gears, after market, both auto trans.

That engine tugs on both and I would definitely kick the other one up to 36 or 37 on the next round of tire purchasing. I'm confident in that engine.

I know the 2.3 is stated @ 270 HP stock, but again, I have no experience with it, so I appreciate your replies.
Random side note, for a year or two that same generation Pathfinder (shared body on frame and bunch of other stuff) had an optional 5.6L V8. Holy balls it was fast. I'd wager the fastest "third row" SUV ever made. Loved the Xterra, drove them when I could! Worked for Nissan.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Random side note, for a year or two that same generation Pathfinder (shared body on frame and bunch of other stuff) had an optional 5.6L V8. Holy balls it was fast. I'd wager the fastest "third row" SUV ever made. Loved the Xterra, drove them when I could! Worked for Nissan.
The Durango of that time period most likely holds that record. 5.7 335 HP to the 5.6 310 HP of the Pathfinder. Not 100% sure, but the Hellcat Durango definitely holds that title today. 710 HP and 645 TQ.

OP
RedHotLava

RedHotLava

Black Diamond
First Name
Red
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
That model Pathfinder, those were tanks with tons of power. My coworker had one and let me drive it once in a while, I was jealous but was happy to be able to mod and build up my X, fun days then. Don't look at todays Pathfinder, you won't recognize it :(

Austin26

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
The Durango of that time period most likely holds that record. 5.7 335 HP to the 5.6 310 HP of the Pathfinder. Not 100% sure, but the Hellcat Durango definitely holds that title today. 710 HP and 645 TQ.
Maybe, who knows. Might be close since I think the Durango weighs more. Didn't know they made a tuner Durango!
Don't look at todays Pathfinder, you won't recognize it :(
Yup I'm aware. I sold quite a few of them. I didn't much like the change but they did sell much better. I'm sad they discontinued the Xterra though, it was the closest thing to a real SUV/Jeep as Nissan had.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement