Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
It's a known fact Ford has people here, and lately, if there's talk of the Coyote, there's talk of Godzilla as well

Figure its lighter and less complex while more torque rich, so could we get it, and would they make a manual for it?
Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I very highly doubt it. My source at ford said that even the 3.5 was “too big” for the platform. He didn’t specify why, crash safety, emissions, whatever but if the 3.5 is too big then a V8 is too big as well.

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I very highly doubt it. My source at ford said that even the 3.5 was “too big” for the platform. He didn’t specify why, crash safety, emissions, whatever but if the 3.5 is too big then a V8 is too big as well.
Gotcha, gotcha

How bigs a Godzilla compared to a 3.5tt?

OP
OP
Rogues Gambit

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
No worries, wasn't my dream, just was curious

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Figure its lighter and less complex while more torque rich
It's not lighter. In fact, it's probably significantly heavier. Think about it, a Coyote is within a few pounds of an aluminum block LS. Godzilla is bigger than Coyote and uses a cast iron block rather than aluminum. I'd guess its probably about 150lbs heavier than a Yote, considering an iron block 6.0 LS is about 110lbs heavier than an aluminum block 6.0 LS

Gotcha, gotcha

How bigs a Godzilla compared to a 3.5tt?
Likely narrower, but SIGNIFICANTLY longer, maybe a bit taller too

Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not lighter. In fact, it's probably significantly heavier. Think about it, a Coyote is within a few pounds of an aluminum block LS. Godzilla is bigger than Coyote and uses a cast iron block rather than aluminum. I'd guess its probably about 150lbs heavier than a Yote, considering an iron block 6.0 LS is about 110lbs heavier than an aluminum block 6.0 LS

Likely narrower, but SIGNIFICANTLY longer, maybe a bit taller too
Someone posted a video here in another thread where they weighed it and it’s actually only 67lbs heavier than a coyote

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Someone posted a video here in another thread where they weighed it and it’s actually only 67lbs heavier than a coyote
That was 67 pound difference between Godzilla and a iron Windsor block pushrod engine. IIRC its more than 150lbs heavier than a Coyote, which is a significant difference at the very nose of the car for no power increase whatsoever

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That was 67 pound difference between Godzilla and a iron Windsor block pushrod engine. IIRC its more than 150lbs heavier than a Coyote, which is a significant difference at the very nose of the car for no power increase whatsoever
Ahh gotcha I didn’t watch, I thought it was the coyote they were comparing

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
134lb actually. It's also around 6" narrower than the coyote too which is most peoples argument against the 5.0.

Sponsored

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
134lb actually. It's also around 6" narrower than the coyote too which is most peoples argument against the 5.0.

Still a whole lot of weight. Narrower, but also a lot longer... doesn't sound worth it to me for a less efficient engine that makes less power

It's a good truck engine. That's about it

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Still a whole lot of weight. Narrower, but also a lot longer... doesn't sound worth it to me for a less efficient engine that makes less power

It's a good truck engine. That's about it
The Bronco is a truck.

Godzilla may have less power but has much better torque than the Coyote. 400 lb-ft at 4,500 rpm vs 475 at 4,000 and that's just peak. Area under the curve is going to be way better on Godzilla.

I'd be fine with any V8 they'd let us have though.

Jake_zx2

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Bronco is a truck.

Godzilla may have less power but has much better torque than the Coyote. 400 lb-ft at 4,500 rpm vs 475 at 4,000 and that's just peak. Area under the curve is going to be way better on Godzilla.

I'd be fine with any V8 they'd let us have though.
Honestly, at times, I forget that we're talking about the Bronco when people mention the Coyote :facepalm:

Yes, this engine probably would be well suited in a Bronco. I'd personally rather the Coyote, but that's probably due more to my preference of sports cars over trucks

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, at times, I forget that we're talking about the Bronco when people mention the Coyote :facepalm:

Yes, this engine probably would be well suited in a Bronco. I'd personally rather the Coyote, but that's probably due more to my preference of sports cars over trucks
The Coyote is damn impressive. IMO not likely that we'll get either but we'll have to wait and see. The Coyote also does well in the F-150 and is a pretty common swap in the Early Broncos now so it's earned its merit as a truck engine too; just a sportier one lol.
Sponsored