Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco has no option for AWD, auto 4wd engages a temporary 50:50 split after slip has been detected, its reactive, different than a proactive AWD system.
And to add, Bronco is rear wheel drive with selectable 4wd
Sponsored

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is a rear wheel driven vehicle absent being in one of the four wheel drive modes.

Edit: someone beat me to it...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just too much for the BD. Base model with 2.7 and aux switches is 34k. I’m trying to keep it there. That’s already more than I want to spend.

I’m a firm believer in AWD. I come from owning audis. So I totally want the best handling for the wet. Especially with Florida wet roads. Need all the help I can get. I’m just trying to keep the cost down. The base model is normally in front wheel, and selectable 4WD ?
True AWD isn't an option. It's a 4x4 and without getting the Advanced 4x4 option, you don't ever want to be in 4WD on the pavement. I think Advanced 4x4 is available on Outer Banks and up.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

True AWD isn't an option. It's a 4x4 and without getting the Advanced 4x4 option, you don't ever want to be in 4WD on the pavement. I think Advanced 4x4 is available on Outer Banks and up.
Advanced is offered on lower trims. I ordered a manual Black Diamond and even though I didn't want it, they accidentally entered the order with 4A.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cloth is OK. But white dog hair is a bitch. Wash out interior would be great. Didn’t even know that was an option. I’d probably just get seat covers.
trying to keep the purchase price down and do wheels and accessories after. Ford prices seem a little crazy and make you buy the whole package. I can build it to spec for cheaper with a better selection of aftermarket parts.
If you don’t mind gearing issues and you won’t be running hard off road, you can likely get the look of a Badlands or close to a Sasquatch of any model. It’s probably impossible to match the HD axle, position sensitive shocks, sway bar disconnects, lockers and gears at the same price, installed, in the aftermarket. I definitely agree with the advanced transfer case you mentioned in the original post. That gives you the “AWD” option to run on any surface or varying surfaces with power to front and rear (standard transfer case is for “loose” surfaces only). It’s totally worth the upgrade and $$$, regardless of model IMO.
Sponsored