Sponsored

Your New Bronco: Daily Driver, or Toy?

What Is Your New Bronco Going to be Doing?

• Total voters

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I haven't had less than two motor vehicles in my garage since I was in my late teens. So the thought never occurred to me - will some people use their new Bronco as a daily driver? Will it be a toy for fun on weekends? Will it be their daily, and they have an even more awesome toy?

As for me, I'm just not sure yet. My early Bronco isn't right for all weather (bikini top), nor are any of my motorcycles. Intended for camping/exploring, the Excursion is a huge, lumbering beast with poor economy in the city. Seems like all of my vehicles count as toys. We mostly use my girlfriend's Explorer for daily stuff, but with the new Bronco coming, it could fulfill those duties. Ideally, I'd have an econobox for grocery fetching, but I'm already drowning in cars in my driveway and the associated maintenance expenses.
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I voted toy only, as for me I'd like it to directly replace my Pajero for:
-Fun weekend off roading etc
-Travelling during the Canadian winter
-Occasional small trailer towing duty

Everything else is covered by my motorcycle (commuting and short trips), corvette (road trips and weekend track time) and my girlfriend's MR2 (around town runabout).

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to have fun no matter where I'm driving. The Bronco will be a most-of-the-time vehicle.

I might pick up a baby/Maverick or whatever econocar later if the Bronco is too enjoyable, or too heavily modded toward recreation.

OP
OP

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I want to have fun no matter where I'm driving. The Bronco will be a most-of-the-time vehicle.

I might pick up a baby/Maverick or whatever econocar later if the Bronco is too enjoyable, or too heavily modded toward recreation.
<Must...resist... Coilover conversion/40" rubber... can't... full exhaust... gah!...lockers...> :idea:

HTX1811

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SXT 4x4
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a DD take home car for work. Well I drive it for work so same difference. I have a 4x4 SCrew F-150. I want a GT500. I also want a Bronco if it is as bad ass as I hope it to be. In 2020/2021 I will sell the truck and get a Bronco or keep the truck and buy a GT500. Either way, the GT500 and Bronco will be weekend fun toys. Obliviously the F-150 will serve in that role as it does now if I get the GT500.

Of course the wife wants to trade her 2016 A7 for a R8. I'm driving a 2011 F-150 so the debate will carry on. One way or another, I'm getting a new sled either late 2020 or early 2021 and it will be a weekend toy.
She does remind me I had a 2017 GT350 I chose to sell. Dooh.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I guess I need me a Focus. But being at 5k+ feet elevation with occasional snow, I want something with forced induction and AWD. I really wish Subaru would put their turbo motor in the CrossTrek, but that's a complaint session for another forum. :sunglasses:

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It would be a daily drive I already have a Mustang convertible as a toy.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, this poll is pretty messed up. Some of you apparently have trouble comprehending what you are reading or just enjoy indiscriminately clicking shit. I suppose that is the problem with internet polls...
:crying:

The descriptions were loose, and the point was to find out peoples intended uses, which are likely to be mixed no matter what.

:beer::cool:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about the people who only drive impractical vehicles? That is fairly common.

It's not like the most popular vehicle in the US is actually being used for its intended design purposes on a regular basis. If a couple million people a year are buying something that costs around an average yearly household income on something they won't actually use to near its potential 99% of the time. By comparison how unreasonable is it really for someone to only own sports cars/trucks?

Most of the population are pretty far to the illogical end of the scale. Some of us just aren't pretending otherwise.

OP
OP

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Right. I should have set it up so that you could only pick one, and would have needed another option or two in there.

I think it told me what I wanted to know - far more people are going to make it their daily driver than I would have thought. If the larger demographic is at least that, then Ford will have to give a pretty high degree of attention to road manners, NVH, creature comforts. All of those things will make for compromises in capability, if only in the weight department. It's going to be a tightrope for Ford if they're going to please the more hardcore crowd as well as attract the commuter folks, but Wrangler sure isn't suffering for sales even considering how many people say they ride horribly (that's not my experience, but those opinions are out there).

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have so many toys now my bride has threatened to file for a dealers license. If the Bronco is up to snuff it will replace my Jeep Sahara, but that's yet to be seen. The Jeep, and my other 2 toys along with the brides Mustang GT are used occasionally. My go to ride for everything mundane is a '92 Toyota Hilux Pickup that is a project in the making. The little pickup will stay no matter what, so the the Bronco will be a another thing in my toy box. BTW, the wife doesn't even expect the Bronco yet. I've mentioned Ford is working on one, but to save a big ass-kickin' I'm gonna hold it in reserve until they hit the lot. She's a good woman, but I can push her to the edge sometimes. Hell, that's my job, and according to her I do it well. :like::)

Guidr3

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Make it All Wheel Drive As Standard Euip. And satisfy Every One It’s Called The Tweener Weener