Sponsored

Your painted white hard top ------ hello?

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a code 99 Dreamer.... Hoping those or anyone in the loop (dealers or anonymous insiders) are able and willing to allow a glimpse of hope/insight to the elusive release date and details of my painted white hardtops' availability....please?
Sponsored

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm having my MIC top painted white. It will have to be sanded quite a bit and Xpel wrapped, but should look great and hold up for a good while!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm having my MIC top painted white. It will have to be sanded quite a bit and Xpel wrapped, but should look great and hold up for a good while!
Nice....please let us see the finished top when you are able!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As a code 99 Dreamer.... Hoping those or anyone in the loop (dealers or anonymous insiders) are able and willing to allow a glimpse of hope/insight to the elusive release date and details of my painted white hardtops' availability....please?
Just order a MIC top and have it painted, if you want it badly. Otherwise 2023 is a reasonable guess, according to this story and others . . .
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/ford-bronco-metal-hardtops-delayed-into-2023-model-year/

Last edited:

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

MY23 is the last I heard, nothing in the '22 announcements even hinted about the mod top, black, white or body colored. There's been a few non-factory painted MIC tops shown, no idea on the durability but looks like I have nothing better to do than wait it out like you.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

2023 maybe

Seventyfouronthefloor

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, LUBR, Chrome Yellow, 2016 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Definitely 2023. I’m hearing rumors from the Ford team that it’s going to be pricey but worth the wait, much, much better than the MIC top. I was specifically advised NOT to get a 2021/22 soft top and wait for the MOD top in 2023 because it won’t be backwards compatible.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did your painted hard top get finished? Please post an image if you have it now.

How about anyone that has painted their new Bronc's mic hardtop post an image...Looking for a little hope here brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Definitely 2023. I’m hearing rumors from the Ford team that it’s going to be pricey but worth the wait, much, much better than the MIC top. I was specifically advised NOT to get a 2021/22 soft top and wait for the MOD top in 2023 because it won’t be backwards compatible.
Interesting, but that would imply a different windshield header and connection points on the tub / roll cage frame, which when you consider they’ll be offering MIC and Mod tops, does not make sense. Plus Bestop would need to modify their offerings.

ogo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Interesting, but that would imply a different windshield header and connection points on the tub / roll cage frame, which when you consider they’ll be offering MIC and Mod tops, does not make sense. Plus Bestop would need to modify their offerings.
I agree with you and would speculate if it is not going to be backwards compatible, then it'll be available during the refresh which was moved to '24 from '25 I believe. '23 will likely see some small improvements / changes but generally most will still be compatible with '21 and '22 if we look at other vehicle trim years and refresh cycles.

OP
OP
Who iz

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any image of your painted hardtop yet...I am looking forward to see it...Don't intend to bug you.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Any image of your painted hardtop yet...I am looking forward to see it...Don't intend to bug you.
When my Bronco get's out of Airbag Jail. I already have my soft top, so as soon as I get my Bronco, dropping off the top at the paint shop will be the first thing I do!
Sponsored